Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Best" Unity Games for an Android OS Tablet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GarBenjamin, Feb 28, 2015.

1. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Howdy folks.

As some of you probably know I never got into cell phone games. They basically all suck in my opinion due to the tiny display and on-screen controls. I always figured playing these games on a tablet would be much better.

I just bought a NextBook at Walmart. As soon as I got it on the Internet I installed Crossy Road because I figured that was the latest & greatest game and would be the ideal for my tablet gaming test. Handed it to my girlfriend and asked her to try it out while I did my browsing of the forums. lol

Anyway, in less than a minute I heard 'I'm looking for other games. This one sucks." I said "Hey wait let me check it out first. This is a very popular game! There must be some reason why." So I tried it out and yeah the presentation is very cool but the game design needs improvement. I think it has a lot of potential. Also I get the impression this one is made for young kids.

I looked through the App Store and it seems to be the same as when I checked it out for the phone gaming craze: so many games it is insane. Rather than spending hours and days downloading game after game after game testing them all to find something I like I would prefer to just try out the Unity games the community feels are the best. They don't need great presentation. I am just talking about easy to control, fun, well designed games!

So... what are some of the best games made with Unity that you guys and gals play on your Android Tablets (or Android phones I am guessing they should work for the most part anyway)? Platformers, shooters, RTS, RPGs (or simpler dungeon crawlers), old school arcade style action are all fine.

Thanks!

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You are hitting the casual market here. That's why games that suck, but are simple, quick and easy do so much better on the App Store.

Well designed games tend to do better for the PC or console market. They are certainly there on the tablet and phone. But they are not always the most popular.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  3. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I agree with you. Just thinking surely there are some games that are made by like "real gamer" people? I thought maybe posting here I could get some feedback on Unity games. Now that I think about it I will check out the WIP and Showcase forums and see if I can find anything that looks interesting. I honestly cannot figure out why people love playing games on their cell phones so much when the control system just sucks. I've often thought Tower Defense / RTS games would work well with touch controls. If I ever made a mobile game I think it would be something like that. Basically any other game type would play much better on PC or console I think due to the superior controls. Anyway, I will check out those other forums and see what I can find.

4. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Battleheart (the original, haven't had time to mess with Legacy yet) is my favorite mobile game...it just so happens to be a Unity game as well.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  5. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

that hardkour game is pretty awesome ;)

GarBenjamin likes this.