Search Unity

Best Unity Courses on Udemy

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by SmartMoves, Apr 30, 2018.

1. SmartMoves

SmartMoves

Hi Unity people!

I’ve been researching the best Unity courses on Udemy. These are the courses that stand out:

The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity
    This course is developed in partnership with Unity Technologies so it’s pretty legit. It’s medium length (13 hours) so I don’t think it covers absolutely everything but it’s a solid foundation.

Learn to Code Making Games - Complete C# Unity Developer 2.0
    This is the updated version of Ben Tristem’s hugely popular first Unity course on Udemy. At 29.5 hours, it has more projects to get your teeth into. Ben and his team provide excellent support to their students.

Pass the Unity Certified Developer Exam - Lifetime Access
    This course is specifically aimed at those wanting to become a Unity Certified Developer, handy if you want to power up your CV!

I figured this community would be interested in my research. Also, it would be great if the folks that use Udemy could provide feedback on the best Unity courses that they’ve studied. I’m sure the members of this community have some great experience they could contribute.

I realize that Unity has its own very good documentation. Some people like the advantages that Udemy offers (the format, certain teachers are great, courses that cover niche topics etc). So this discussion is aimed at people who like using Udemy.

As a bonus, you can switch on the $9.99 Udemy site sale with that link I provided at the top, so if you have been meaning to get started - now’s a great time to get started!

Good luck!

GameDevHQ likes this.
  2. angel_starr_mauas

angel_starr_mauas

this is a marketing post. I'm 100% positive.
    I've purchased several courses on udemy, and I've done some deep research into that platform
    it is stuffed to the brim with fake reviews
    and it is simply overflowing with duplicate reviews - to the point where I've seen the same exact review posted over twelve times for the same course... and this was repeated for twelve reviews, that I saw...
    the reviews there are bloated, untrustworthy
    I have YET to find a trustworthy source of information about the udemy courses, not only about unity, but in general

I'd go first and foremost to the unity tutorials TBH. then, I'd be SUPER picky about which courses I spent even a nickel on, particularly on Udemy.
    that platform is... just dangerously hoaxed.
    I'm saying this honestly, as a PAYING customer there, with a nice quantity of courses

3. Ben Tristen & Co's courses are fine on udemy in game development.