Search Unity

Best tool for Automatic lip sync in unity and format supported by unity for lip sync

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Akshea, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Akshea

Akshea

Hi,
    1. I need to know which is the best tool for automatic lip sync in unity. I need perfect lip movement. I came across annosoft lip sync tool, but not able to find the link for downloading annosoft for unity. Is there any other tool.
    2. What are the formats supported for lip sync to be added in unity.
    Thanks in Advance.

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Also replied to your unityAnswers question, but...

If you need perfect, FaceFX is the closest you'll find. It's pretty much the industry standard. It's Unity-friendly, with a Unity integration package, and available as a standalone application or as plug-ins for the major 3D modeling/animation packages. It can export to a compact XML bone curve format or standard FBX. Like most lip sync software, FaceFX analyzes audio at design time to generate animation files that you can then play later at runtime. Other options in this category include Crazy Talk and Magpie.

You could also look into Mixamo's FacePlus, which uses a webcam (again at design time) to generate facial animation based on live video recording of your face.

There's also a free Unity-based project called Tagarela, but I haven't tried it out.

3. Akshea

Akshea

Thanks TonyLi. What format is supported by unity for lipsync. how to add that format for our 3d character. What about iDirect+iSpeech http://www.iongfx.com/. Any one came across this tool?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  4. TonyLi

TonyLi

Unity doesn't natively support lip sync. But you can play bone-based animations or blend shapes that animate the face to perform lip sync. Unity's preferred format for animations seems to be FBX, but it also imports other formats. Maybe this tutorial will be helpful: http://laboratoriesx86.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/facial-animation-unitytutorial/

I forgot about that one. I've never used it.

5. Akshea

Akshea

Thanks for response TonyLi:)