Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Afassolas

Afassolas

Need to use the double layer feature and make a planet shader with clouds on the exterior layer are there any tutorials or something regarding that? I took a look at the double layer demo shader but can't figure it out.

2. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

Hello again, i have a problem with the lightweight pipeline. Both LightWeightSRPPBR & LightWeightSRPUnlit are broken in Unity 2019.1.0f2. & because of that none of the shaders i created previously in 2018.3.17 worked. problem1.png

3. cyuxi

cyuxi

Hi,
    I'm getting a mirrored normal map problem with ASE shader...(This should be an old topic....)

Currently I work on LWRP with ASE's LWRP template, which the normal output seems not support the auto-fixed mirrored normal. This feature is supported by unity's native shader by default, I wonder is there any solution in ASE?

This is the result of ASE's Normal
    2019427-155035.jpg 2019427-155052.jpg

4. ChinChiaYeh

ChinChiaYeh

Hi guys,
    I am creating a underwater shader. I create it as surface shader first and test on a billboard.
    When the surface shader is done, I try to port the shader to post-processing shader.
    Everything is done but the sun light effect.
    Anyone knows how to fix this?

5. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Anyone seeing mass slowness in 2019.1 when metal is enabled

6. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Is this tool still being supported , getting a bit worried

7. hopeful

hopeful

One of the developers just responded on Wednesday, and today is Sunday, when their offices are probably closed.

8. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Ok good to know

9. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

check discord, they did post an update of the plugin, which fixed my problem

10. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

They have discord how what’s the link to join

11. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

How to make shader for Stereoscopic NON 360 3D Video in VR LW render pipeline?

Thanks.

12. dumpling

dumpling

//Calculate new billboard vertex position and normal;
    float3 upCamVec = normalize ( UNITY_MATRIX_V._m10_m11_m12 );
    float3 forwardCamVec = -normalize ( UNITY_MATRIX_V._m20_m21_m22 );
    float3 rightCamVec = normalize( UNITY_MATRIX_V._m00_m01_m02 );
    float4x4 rotationCamMatrix = float4x4( rightCamVec, 0, upCamVec, 0, forwardCamVec, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1 );
    v.normal = normalize( mul( float4( v.normal , 0 ), rotationCamMatrix )).xyz;
    //This unfortunately must be made to take non-uniform scaling into account;
    //Transform to world coords, apply rotation and transform back to local;
    v.vertex = mul( v.vertex , unity_ObjectToWorld );
    v.vertex = mul( v.vertex , rotationCamMatrix );
    v.vertex = mul( v.vertex , unity_WorldToObject );

This is the code generated by the billboard ,according to //Transform to world coords, apply rotation and transform back to local,my understanding is that the last three lines of code should be:

v.vertex = mul( v.vertex , unity_WorldToObject );
    v.vertex = mul( v.vertex , rotationCamMatrix );
    v.vertex = mul( v.vertex , unity_ObjectToWorld );

Although both have the same effect, they are based on:
    Mul(M,v) == mul(v, tranpose(M))
    Mul(v,M) == mul(tranpose(M), v)

I think my understanding is correct?

13. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

page 92

14. Raul_T

Raul_T

Hello,

Any idea why the static switches are not working anymore when building our shaders on 2019.1?

The shader was created previously on 2018.3 where it was working correctly, however we upgraded to 2019.1 recently and it seems that our static switches are not working anymore after rebuilding the shaders. All using the built-in pipeline.

The switches are created inside the shader code but somehow they won't do anything after the shader is built.

If needed I can provide a sample over email.

Thanks
    Raul @ MadGoat Studio

15. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Unfortunately, this is the only means of achieving this within the editor at this time, we apologize for the inconvenience.

I've registered your feedback for our developer to consider, hopefully we will be able to provide a more intuitive and artist-friendly alternative in the future.

Hello, the shared shader is missing a ChannelBlend shader function and some connections, please share a working sample so that we might provide further insight into it.

Hello, I would suggest looking into a simple yet viable alternative, which involves using the Lerp node with the Layered, Summed or Weighted Blends in order to blend textures, or even using a second mesh with transparency for the clouds.

Hello, could you provide additional details through our support@amplify.pt email, including specific Unity and ASE versions?

Hello, we haven't had the chance to test this on our side yet so we're not able to help with it, but please let us know if you come across any sort of issues.

Hello, we are doing the multiplication like that as we're doing the transpose of the matrix, so its like we're doing it together with the vector as well.

Hello, this issue could be Unity related as it might not be setting the keywords correctly, could you please share the original version of the shader ( 2018 ) so that we can investigate if there was any sort of internal conversion made on Unity's side?

Feel free to send it through support@amplity.pt, thank you!

16. Raul_T

Raul_T

Will send as soon as possible! Thanks

17. anomas

anomas

Hi, thanks for the response and sorry for the mess up. Here is the updated skin shader with the channel blend function.

Attached Files:

18. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Thanks for the reply, I was worried when you guys move to the unity forums as the official forums but you guys are as helpful and responsive as alway. I will send more detail in. Thank you

19. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hi guys,

We've just uploaded a new build into both our website and the Unity Asset Store

Here are the release notes.
    Release Notes v1.6.7 rev 00:
    • New Sample:
      • Volumetric Pixelize by Raphael Ernaelsten
    • New Nodes:
      • Diffusion Profile
        • Packed inside HDSRPTemplates.unitypackage
        • To be used on Unity 2019 with HDRP 5.13
      • Baked GI
    • Improvements:
      • 'Grab Screen Color' node now works on both HDRP 4.x.x and 5.x.x
      • Added new Is Variable toggle on 'Custom Expression' node
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed possible null pointer access when losing focus on a ASE window
      • 'Texture Sample' and 'Texture Coordinates' nodes no longer breaks GPU Instancing/SRP Batcher
    Happy shader creations!

20. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

Getting error. Check the image attached.

Unity Version - 2019.1
    Amplify shader - 1.6.7
    Lightweight - 5.7.2

Attached Files:

21. jonbro5556

jonbro5556

Hiya!
    I have run into an issue with doing depth sampling on Single Pass (instanced) on mobile VR. It seems like the function that is generating the depth sample needs to be switched to use a macro instead of the existing function call. In the TemplateHelperFunctions.cs

Code (CSharp):
    1. public static readonly string FetchDefaultDepthFormat = "UNITY_SAMPLE_DEPTH(tex2Dproj(_CameraDepthTexture,UNITY_PROJ_COORD( {0} )))";
    should become
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public static readonly string FetchDefaultDepthFormat = "SAMPLE_DEPTH_TEXTURE_PROJ(_CameraDepthTexture,UNITY_PROJ_COORD( {0} ))";

22. svenneve

svenneve

We're running into a strange shader compiling problem on the PS4 (Unity2018.3.9f1 with ASE 1.6.7)

When we compile the game there are two errors in the shaders Preview_WorldPosInputsNode:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/WorldPosInputsNode': Program 'frag', incompatible argument list for call to 'mul'. Found 1280 possible candidates: at line 17 (on ps4)
    3. Compiling Fragment program
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    and

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/WorldPosInputsNode': Program 'vert_img', incompatible argument list for call to 'mul'. Found 1280 possible candidates: at line 17 (on ps4)
    3. Compiling Vertex program
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    Is this a known issue?
    As far as I can tell there's not much wrong with it as mul with those inputs is supported by PSSL.

23. svenneve

svenneve

Okay, so it seems to work when I cast the mat4 to float3x3 or float4x3 as per the PSSL reference manual.
    Not sure if that has consequences for the functioning of the shader as my unity matrix knowledge is terrible.

Code (csharp):
    2. float3 worldPos = mul(unity_ObjectToWorld, vertexPos).xyz;
    into
    Code (csharp):
    2. float3 worldPos = mul((float3x3)unity_ObjectToWorld, vertexPos).xyz;
    Or should I adjust the vertexPos to float4, like so?
    Code (csharp):
    2. float4 vertexPos = float4(xy, z, 0);

24. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

25. Paddington_Bear

Paddington_Bear

Hi guys.

We’re in a bit of a tight spot with our terrain shading solution for a film project. Up until now we’ve been working with the CTS solution and while it’s good, it’s very simple. Much better suited to games.

We urgently need a workable terrain shading solution for unity 2019 and HDRP 5.x.

While I’ve used your tools in the past (and love them) I’ve lost track of ASE and can’t find the information I’m after.

We need 8+ textures, POM, distance blending, global colour/norm distance maps and ideally would love freshnel. The most irritating aspect is some way to fake large meadows at a distance. The best solution I’ve seen for this is some kind of distance map with freshnel/fuzz highlights, the higher up y-axis you go.

We’re using World Engine for our globals and have a tool to force .terraindata to take external splats - so that shouldn’t be an issue, if it’s relevant.

Basically what I’m asking is how well supported is HDRP terrain with ASE and are there any examples out there as a basis to work from?
    I couldn’t see a terrain sample shader on your list.
    We really don’t have the time to dive into the ins and outs of a new tool but can still do most of the adaptation needed.
    (If we had the time, we’d be able to write it ourselves or simply not pester you guys with these kinds of questions and just learn the tool from scratch!).

Cheers

26. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Hey guys, if someone manage to make it work on hdrp 5.x.x 2019.1 let me know if you did something special. All the shaders are pink for me, no errors whatsoever. No metter if existing or fresh project.

27. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, can you confirm that you've extracted the "LWSRPTemplates.unitypackage" after updating ASE?

We've ran some tests on our side using Unity 2019.1.0f2 and LW RP 5.7.2 with the latest ASE version and templates on a new project and no errors or warnings occur, so you might be using outdated LW templates.

Hello, thank you for the heads up, this will be corrected for the next version!

Hey there, thank you for reporting this issue, we've confirmed it and will be issuing a fix on the next build!

Hello, unfortunately we haven't been able to tackle support for terrain on the HDRP just yet, hopefully we'll be adding it at a later stage. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello, this is expected and also due to the samples having been compiled with version 4.x.x of the HDRP, you'll have to extract the latest HD Templates and re-compile them so that they assume the new template.

Paddington_Bear likes this.
  28. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

Hey, I was wondering if there was any update on getting Light Attenuation (And thus toon shader) to work properly on HDRP? Looks like using a single directional light works. But not multiple directional lights, no directional lights, or other light types.

29. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

30. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, it's still in our plans to get the light nodes working properly in the HD RP, including the light attenuation one, but we're not entirely sure when we're going to be able to tackle this as we still have to investigate how lighting is being calculated specifically in that pipeline and how to properly extract the necessary information.

Hello, you can access Unity's StereoEyeIndex global var by creating an Int node, setting it to Global and its variable mode to Fetch, so that the declaration is not registered on the shader:

The shader you've shared, however, seems to be using a custom node that has not been included for some reason, so I'd advise you to reach out to its developer as this is a custom shader.

TechnicalArtist likes this.
  31. Suzuka91

Suzuka91

I think there is some bug in the world to object node?
    Screenshot - 03_05_2019 , 17_25_15.png

Basically is missing some part of the multiplication:
    Screenshot - 03_05_2019 , 17_25_48.png

(Using 1.6.5 rev00 from your web (and 2019.1 with LWRP))

32. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Thank you for reporting this issue.
    We already replicated it on our end and will be fixed on our next build.
    Until then you can use the Transform Position node and set it up to transform from world to object space.

Suzuka91 likes this.
  33. anomas

anomas

34. fredrikpedram

fredrikpedram

Is it possible to connect a triplanar parallax map(height map) to another triplanar sampler?
    Since the triplanar sampler does not have a UV input, I was wondering how I can achieve that.
    I want to add the triplanar parallax map to the triplanar normal map (image below).

Amplify-Triplanar-Parallax.png

35. cyuxi

cyuxi

@Amplify_RnD_Rick
    Hi, I guess maybe my previous question has been skipped by chance. ...
    I am still wondering how to get this mirrored normal issue fixed on ASE? In fact, Unity's LWRP shader Lit and Simple Lit both are working fine with this issue.

Also, is there anyway to toggle the reflection feature just like what unity's shader did ?(see the image below) 201955-105135.jpg

36. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

Unfortunately we haven't been able to further test the skin shader you. We'll do it as soon as possible.

Triplanar Sampler creates its own UV Coordinates to create the triplanar effect through the object's position.
    So the only way to change its UVs would be to change its position.
    We've added a local/world pos port into this node over a couple versions ago so users can specify a custom position instead of the node using the object's own position. This would be the entry point on somewhat changing the UVs that are being generated to something custom.
    Is it possible for you to give additional information on what effect you are trying to achieve?

We do apologize on missing your question, we will investigate how this can be fixed. Is it possible for you to send a small sample to our support email (support@amplify.pt) with the issue present?
    This would help us imensly.
    Regarding reflections, the only way for now to control them is through the default PBR behavior using the Metallic and Smoothness ports.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  37. Takamba

Takamba

Hi all

I would like to use the SampleWater in a 2019.1.1f1 HDRP project.

Since I am a beginner I don't understand this whole shader universe at all, but I would like to learn.

Can someone please explain me step by step, what I have to do, to make the official SampleWater work in a HDRP project?

Regards,
    Phil

38. Saaamoth

Saaamoth

I think that some nodes in this shader (like the screen grab) can't work with HDRP, because of the way it renders things.

39. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, the Grab Screen Color does work over this pipeline but on a different way as grab passes are no longer supported.

You'll have to switch to The HD Lit shader type, then go to the Output Node Render Type and Queue and change both its values to Transparent. You should also disable ZWrite but maintain ZTest on the default Less or Equal value.

The rest should be relatively straightforward but, as you're new to shader development, I'd recommend that you start by learning some basic development concepts necessary for building shaders, such as Alan Zucconi's tutorials ( starting with the Gentle Introduction to Shaders ) and his much praised Shaders and Effects Cookbook. Do note that we also provide a Beginner Series set of videos that will help you get up to speed in the core concepts!

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Saaamoth likes this.
  40. cyuxi

cyuxi

Hi Rick, Thank you for your help and advice.
    I have uploaded the sample scene as following.
    The project is on Unity 2018.3.11f1.
    MirroredTangentSample.png

Attached Files:

41. Takamba

Takamba

Hi

What exactly do you mean with Render Type and Queue?

I can't find those settings in the HD lit master node. ASE_HDLit.PNG

42. PxoGeorgSochurek

PxoGeorgSochurek

Hi there, when using Amplify 1.6.7 in conjunction with Unity 2019.1.1f1 and HDRP 5.7.2 (and all the other related stuff at 5.7.2), I get the following compilation errors (also in the HDSRPPBR Templates), and therefore can't compile any shaders:
    upload_2019-5-7_14-11-9.png
    Is this because HDRP 5.7.2 is too old? What can I do?
    Thanks a lot!

43. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

Alright, I understand. That is the same problem I was running in to my self. Best of luck to you guys on it!

Amplify_Borba likes this.
  44. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Thanks! We'll be sharing our findings as soon as our developer has any developments regarding this matter.

You may find these setting withing the SubShader Pass section:

Hello, you'll have to use the HDSRPTemplates 4xx (Legacy).unitypackage templates in order to work with that version, but we recommend that you update to the latest HD RP ( 5.13 ) and use the latest templates with it.

PxoGeorgSochurek likes this.
  45. derp_bot

derp_bot

Hello,

Can you please consider adding INTERNALTESSPOS to the TemplateSemantics enum in TemplateHelperFunctions?

Pretty sure it is just a dummy semantic to stop compiler errors for DX11 compilation as semantics are mandatory, but it is required while for the HDRP tessellation template I am working on to compile.

I have added it locally, so this isn't a breaking issue for me, but when I update it will undo the change and break again.

Cheers

46. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for your feedback, I've just registered your request for the developer to add this as soon as possible.

47. unity_5fpsmegasupergiperprogramer

unity_5fpsmegasupergiperprogramer

Hi! I need help.
    Mobile device (android).

Make primitive Shader for "Lightweight Render Pipeline", did SRP bathing. Just need a texture that will make the lighting and shadows.

But I can not achieve the same performance as the built-in SimpleLit from Unity.

That is, the minimum Shader made in Amplify Shader works worse than the built-in SimpleLit from Unity. Maybe you need to add some guidelines?

Tested so: there is a big city, took all buildings, put a Shader, did build.

48. Takamba

Takamba

Amplify_Borba,
    thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

Everything works fine now.

Regards,
    Phil

HDRP-Scene.PNG

49. Trecool182

Trecool182

Hello

I am using version 1.6.3 rev 09

It seems the "UV set" parameter is broken. I have tested it on the "Uv coordinates" node, and on the "texture sample" node. To reproduce it, simply import a mesh with 2 different uv. Then apply a texture using an amplify shader. Changing the UV set of the texture sample object doesn't do anything, it seems like it always use the set 1.

I have tested re-opening the fbx back into my 3d software, to check the UV set are still both existing, and they are.

This is an issue that appeared on an object that was already existing before the addition of 4 more uv set. The mesh, shader, textures all existed and were working correctly when there was only 4 sets. It's only today when i had to go back and do some changes on this object that I saw it is not working anymore. Only amplify and unity editor were updated since. The checkbox "generate lightmaps uv" is not on.

Unique-Player likes this.
  50. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

JasonBooth, chiapet1021 and hopeful like this.