Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, as in Amplify Shader Editor, for an array to use VertexID? upload_2018-8-22_16-5-21.png upload_2018-8-22_16-5-45.png

2. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello Andrey, thank you for getting in touch! You've raised an interesting question, I believe it won't be possible to achieve what you intend to do at this time but I'll pass this request to the developer so that we can add support for using the VertexID.

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as we're able to find a workaround for this, thanks!

Andrey_Graphics likes this.
  3. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I ended up deleting an offending asset...

4. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

So the issue was caused by another asset and after removing it ASE is now working again?
    Could you share which asset it was, for reference? Thanks!

5. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I might have to try using Fade on my translucent materials... I've been trying to get GI to work with transmission

6. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I removed UFE and Alloy... gonna try reimporting it

7. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

Thank for the kind words!
    Advanced Dynamic Shaders 2.0 is out on the Unity Asset Store. For those who are interested the link is in the signature below.

Amplify_Borba likes this.
  8. petersx

petersx

Hi,

How to make fade transparent shader in HDRP pipeline ?

9. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hi!

To get your HD SRP template to behave as the Fade Rendering Mode in the Standard Shader, you'll have to change three parameters in the Output Node:

- Blend RGB needs to be set to Alpha Blend

- RenderType needs to be set to Transparent

- Queue needs to be set to Transparent

The transparency values will entirely fade an object out, including any specular highlights or reflections it may have:

benderete likes this.
  10. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

Hello, in HDRP does not work WorldSpaceLight Direction upload_2018-8-23_18-40-51.png upload_2018-8-23_18-41-37.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  11. petersx

petersx

ok, that's true, but with material type: anisotropy - not working - like transparent - rather than emmisive

12. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Thank you for taking the time to report this situation, I'm afraid that this node is currently incompatible with HD.

I've registered this issue and passed it to the developer, we will get in touch as soon as we have any developments!

Hey there, apologies for not thoroughly testing this solution, it seems that there's an issue on our side with this specific material type, so I'll have to pass this to the developer for further investigation as anisotropy seems to be working well with transparency when using Unity's standard HD material.

petersx and Andrey_Graphics like this.
  13. petersx

petersx

Thanks.
    Can you check also, why with transparent/transparent shader is very very slow - very slow responding to changing transparency slider - it's no mater what material type is selected.

14. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

No problem! Can you elaborate on this, as I can't seem to replicate that behavior on my side?

If you could send us the shader for debugging or share further details on how to replicate this it would be great!

15. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Hello
    I create a simple Amplify HDRP shader (the box), and a HDRenderPipeline/Lit transparent material ( the Sphere).
    When I move out the camera, the Sphere disappear.

Any advice?
    Thank you! AmplifyMaterial.JPG

16. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Hi!
    How in LW (& HD) SRP make cutout (masked) shader ?

17. Adam_Starcaster

Adam_Starcaster

Any advice for converting existing materials to HD SRP? Mentions something about not supporting Grab Passes, so looking for ideas. Trying to do water properly.

18. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Me too. Searching desperately a way to convert some refraction shaders in HD SRP. :(

Adam_Starcaster likes this.
  19. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Use Texture sample & script for set refract/reflect texture.

20. Adam_Starcaster

Adam_Starcaster

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you elaborate deeper? I had been using the shader editor up until now. How to add a custom script into the shader code? Or do you mean to write an external script?

21. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

this is must be external c# script (such us planar reflection, but for refraction - or find both in one (such us from island demo on unity 2.5+)

22. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Found also some issue with HD SRP Planar Reflection Probe:

23. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Need not reflection probe but reflection texture such as on next image:

After this you must write c# script for insert RenderTexture from Camera to this Texture Sample

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  24. ifayad

ifayad

Hello @Amplify_Borba , I am currently building shaders for the HDRP using the SSS as material type. However, I noticed that the specular input is missing (only smoothness is available, but it exists in some other material types); is there a way to add it ?

25. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to report these issues! I must ask though that we keep our discussion in a single place, responding via email, our forum, and the Unity forum is always a bit problematic.

As we said via email, we've passed the Planar Reflection issue to one of our developers, this seems to be a new issue with HD 3.0.0 as it works as expected with the previous version.

As we also mentioned, Refraction is a bit different with the HD pipeline but you could try to replicate it on your side for your specific requirements; in any case, it's definitely something we're considering for future updates.

Regarding the disappearing sphere, now that we know which shaders you are using, we've managed to replicate it on our side and will proceed to investigate this issue.

Please let us know if you come across any further issues, thanks!

Although there's currently an issue with transparency that will be fixed in the next build, which will come out soon, you'll need to set your shader's Render Type to Transparent Cutout and your Queue to Transparent, then make use of the Alpha Clip Threshold port as follows:

Hello! As you've correctly mentioned, there's no support for Grab Passes in HD SRP, and we are dependent on Unity offering an alternative for this, at which time we will implement it in our templates as well.

Hello! We're using Unity's HD material configuration as a reference for our templates, so when you have SSS selected as the material type on Unity's HD material or our HD template, there's no Specular input.

You'll have to change your material type to Specular in order to enable the port.

26. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

For the planar reflection issue i think that was a bug introduced in HD 3.0.0 since i found them even when using Default HDRP Lit, There's a a commit for that issue in SRP repo. So it's not a problem from ASE, it's a bug in HDRP.

27. ifayad

ifayad

Yes, thank you, I already noticed that. However, since I am building a sking shader I need the SSS, and the specular. One final thought though, I noticed a channel called S(A) for the mask map in the lit shader, isn't that supposed to be for the specular ?

HDRP.PNG

EDIT: I read the documentation for the lit shader, and noticed that S(A) is for the smoothness map and not the specular. anyway, thank you :D

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  28. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Refraction in HDRP should be "_ColorPyramidTexture" if i'm not mistaken, but i keep getting redefinition property error.
    Any idea, anyone??!!

29. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Morning guys... so I tried to use the HDRP this morning in my project... (updated all of my materials to it) and everything turned into a cotton candy dreamland... it looks like I will have to wait a bit before my ASE shaders work with it.

30. ArchVizPRO

ArchVizPRO

Do you have used the Amplify HD SPR template ?

KRGraphics likes this.
  31. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Yep, you need to extract HD SRP Shader Template

KRGraphics likes this.
  32. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey, guys... so I have tried my hand again at creating the base level for a skin shader and so far I love what I see for the shader. I have used fresnel on this shader and set it to Schlick (Similar to what Alloy used) which yields some very interesting results. The main bulk of my skin shader is the ability to control the normal maps three separate channels for a diffuse bump (Don't know how to set this up yet) like in most skin shaders, which gives the model a softer feel.

I was going to try the HDRP skin shader, but all of my shaders pinked out and I said the hell with that...

At the moment, it feels like a standard shader with transmission turned on :/
    upload_2018-8-28_12-38-42.png upload_2018-8-28_12-38-54.png upload_2018-8-28_12-40-3.png

33. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I think I do. I would have to convert ALL of my custom shaders to work with the HDRP unfortunately...

34. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

And hopefully I will be able to use it normally. I could also make copies of my shaders and make them HDRP compliant

35. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

It might be related to your environment and specifications, I believe that you'll have to adjust your Diffusion Profile, more information can be found in this link.

If you could share further details, preferably together with a simple sample, we might be able to provide further assistance.

Unfortunately, in order to use the HD Pipeline, you'll have to convert all of your shaders to our HD Template, just like you've mentioned.

Plase don't forget to back up the original shaders!

We also offer a few samples that you can find within the 'AmplifyShaderEditor \ Examples \ Official \ SRP HD Material Types' folder.

KRGraphics likes this.
  36. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Just made copies of my Legacy Shaders and set them aside... now updating them to use HDSRP. Can't wait to go NUTS with the Subsurface Scattering for skin. I had to strip some of my shader features because it was already filled with options and I got failed to compile errors. I will post images in a bit

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  37. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Sorry i'm confused, what? i'm talking about the refraction texture buffer from the default HDRP

38. petersx

petersx

Hi,
    If you want, I can make for you (of course free - I'am Unity hobbyst) HDRP sss skin shader - I need only sample textures which you use for skin.

KRGraphics likes this.
  39. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I actually updated my skin shader to HDRP... just need to figure out how to apply the Diffusion profile onto my shader, and then we're in business :)

40. petersx

petersx

I have no success with that by creating shader from scratch - I used example SSS shader provide by Amplify and it works.

41. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I think I figured out the diffusion Profile part.

42. petersx

petersx

How it works - I know (number is a numer of SSS profile from actual SSSsettings.asset), but why it don't work from scratch - I don't know.

43. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'm about to set all of this up. I have all of the required maps to make the shader look REALLY good.

44. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

So, I have set up my own shader to use with the SSS HDSRP Template and I don't see ANY colour whatsoever... am I missing something in my set up? Here is the graph and render... In the sample, the shader works properly... on this one, I don't get anything.

upload_2018-8-28_17-16-56.png

upload_2018-8-28_17-17-5.png

EDIT: Got it working: In the GBuffer, if the reference is set to something other than 1, it will not work cleanly... so for some reason, it was set to 2...

Now I have a new issue... what is this weird shadowy blotch on the face?

upload_2018-8-28_20-58-4.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  45. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

upload_2018-8-28_21-8-23.png

Messing around with the diffusion profiles... I hope to be able to create my own and also create additional stuff. Is there a HSV node in ASE? I would love to create an Epidermal (desaturated) and a base diffuse on top... this is amazing...

upload_2018-8-28_21-43-38.png

I would love to have these settings in the subsurface scattering shader including profiles so I can determine things like race, skin tone, and softness.

hopeful likes this.
  46. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

That's unfortunate, if you prefer you could send further details privately, together with the shaders ( original and converted ) that are giving you errors to support@amplify.pt, so that we can investigate what could be causing those issues.

I see, apologies for not having understood it correctly.

In this case you'd have to use the texture without it being declared, which is a parameter that is currently not included in the Texture Sample node, however, we'll be sure to implement it in a future build.

KRGraphics likes this.
  47. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

It says the requirement to using Refraction is having a "Transparent" Render type but I don't have the refraction available as seen in this screenshot.
    However, when I duplicate my shader and that I open it up again, I can have access to the refraction in the material. But as soon as I compile it disappears on me again. I assume that's a bug, what can I do to have refraction?

upload_2018-8-29_11-8-49.png

upload_2018-8-29_11-11-28.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  48. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Do you mean the HSV to RGB and HSV to RGB nodes?

Hello! I believe that this is an issue with the behavior of the Refraction port in the Custom Lighting mode, I'll pass it to the developers for further investigation, thank you for taking the time to report it!

49. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

It also says that it accepts RGB values yet I can only ever put a single value in it. Am I misunderstanding something?
    In Shader Forge I could indeed pass an RGB value in there.
    I tried this without the custom lighting on as you suggested and that seems to fix it.

50. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

unityunity