Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much!! that solution can also work!!! love you guys!!!

2. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

something like this? so like this it will be cleaner expandcollpase.jpg

KRGraphics and Malbers like this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

Yeah that would be a cool feature... some hide property in inspector switch connection

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  4. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

At the moment we only allow setting headers and spaces through Custom Attributes, but you may create and use a Custom Editor with your ASE Shaders. Do note that we provide a Custom Editor parameter in the Output Node, under the General Tab, where you may add a reference for your own custom editor, you won't have to do it by editing the shader code.

That being said, we do hope to provide more options in the future to customize the inspector through ASE, so thank you for sharing your feedback!

Malbers likes this.
  5. marcatore

marcatore

Speaking about custom inspector...
    I created a shader with "no scale offset" attribute on the texture nodes and I like that the texture slots in the material have small size.
    Now, I tried the shader in a project where ASE is not loaded and the texture slots become big again like when "no scale offset" is not set.
    How should I do to have small slot in projects where ASE is not loaded?

Thanks in advance

6. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

how to get this version (v1.5.3.003) working in 2018.1.0f2?

all my shaders appear pink.... & im currently set the project to LWSRP for VR

my bad... did not follow instructions on wiki

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  7. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Unfortunately, you can only use the ASE Custom Inspector when ASE is installed. What you can do is remove the ASE Custom Inspector from your shader or use your own alternative.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

No problem! We also provide a quick video guide for setting up SRP with ASE here:

Peter77 likes this.
  8. ColtonK_VitruviusVR

ColtonK_VitruviusVR

Hey All,

I am looking to use the LW SPR with mobile VR to create a board game. Imagine the board is massive, but I only want to render the part that is over top of the table (board can be moved with players hands to visualize different parts of the game). Basically I want to cull the rest of the board that is not visible to create a cool effect and increase performance. I have thought of many different was to do this, I could disable renderers of objects off the table, but my concern is the edges of the table wont be uniform, and large objects will disappear when they shouldn't. I have also thought I could use a transparent material and get the vertex position, check on/off table and show/hide that way but I doubt that will be good for performance :p Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Colton

9. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello Colton! Could you provide additional details regarding the effect you wish to create, perhaps through screenshots or video?

We do provide two functions, the SphereMask and BoxMask, that may be inverted to only render what's inside of them, but I'm not quite sure if that's what you're looking for.

As an example, in the image above we're using the SphereMask to hide a specific part of the mesh. If inverted, it would only show the part that is currently being hidden.

10. ColtonK_VitruviusVR

ColtonK_VitruviusVR

Thanks for the reply!

Box mask seems like it would be perfect but it seems it doesn't work the same as sphere mask (I guess I could always make a round table). Box mask seems like it measures from the center of the the object and not each vertex, is this correct? How efficient is something like sphere mask in terms of rendering? Like say I have 10,000 objects outside of the sphere, they would be hidden but what is the camera doing?

Cheers,
    Colton

11. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

The Box Mask measures from the center position that you define in the Size input of the function, I'm attaching a sample setup that you can import to your package that provides a simple example of its use.

BoxMaskSample.unitypackage

Regarding performance considerations, a shader's perfomance depends mostly on the complexity of the effect, and masked objects still impact performance, despite their surfaces being masked.

I would advise looking into the following references for additional considerations on how to optimize your projects:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LevelOfDetail.html
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/DrawCallBatching.html
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OcclusionCulling.html

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

Attached Files:

12. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey everyone,

We've uploaded a new build into our website.

Here are the release notes:

Release Notes v1.5.3 dev 04:
    • New nodes:
      • Transform Position
      • Transform Direction
    • Improvements:
      • Added inline property support over templates modules
        • Also added inline property support over Depth Offset values in both template and standard surface
      • Minor tweak over 'Clamp' node
        • Internal max value defaulted to 1
      • Adding additional modules into Lightweight templates
      • Enabling ZTest over Particles Alpha Blended template
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed issue on Lightweight PBR template over tangents on objects with non-uniform scales
      • Fixed issue on Lightweight PBR not receiving real time shadows
      • Fixed issue on Lightweight Unlit template available interpolators
      • Fixed issue on Lightweight Unlit template not showing correctly on dropdown menu
      • Fixed issue on tab titles not being correctly written on shader mode over templates
      • Fixed issue on property names incorrectly appearing over inline properties
      • Fixed issue with copy/pasting 'Append' nodes
      • Fixed issue on 'Global Array' node loading from older shaders
    Happy shader creations!

13. ColtonK_VitruviusVR

ColtonK_VitruviusVR

Absolutely what I was looking for! Thanks Borba

Amplify_Borba likes this.
  14. EscalatorSafe

EscalatorSafe

Hey there!
    Is there a way to compile all shaders that contain a specific function. It is very cumbersome to edit a function that is used in many shaders as you have to go through and compile all of them individually.
    Cheers

15. PandaArcade

PandaArcade

YES! this please!

16. exerion

exerion

I would also like this ;)

17. ryanflees

ryanflees

Here might be a little issue with FresnelNode.cs at line 147
    We found something strange with the calculation

string result = string.Format( "( {0} + {1} * pow( 1.0 - {2}, {3} ) )", bias, scale, fresnelNDotVLocalVar, power );

Here the root of pow might be < 0, and when we change it to like pow(max(0.001, 1.0 - {2})) the result is showing correctly.

18. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, we're still considering ways to simplify the process of updating shaders after altering a shader function, hopefully we'll be able to come up with a practical solution for this in the future. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hello, thank you for reporting this issue, I've passed it along to the developers and you can expect it to be fixed in an upcoming build!

ryanflees likes this.
  19. IrrSoft

IrrSoft

I have a quick question for which I can't find the answer. If one of my assets for the asset store will include a shader made with Amplify Shader Editor among other shaders written in standard shader code, is there any specific way I should credit Amplify and let users know that this shader is editable with your product? How should I do this?

Thanks! :)

Malbers likes this.
  20. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We've uploaded a new build into our website.

Here are the release notes.
    Release Notes v1.5.3 dev 05:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed world normal issues over 'Outline' node
      • Fixed issues on reading/writing cull mode on templates meta
      • Fixed issue on capturing includes over templates
      • Fixed issue on Specular workflow over Lightweight PBR template
    • Improvements:
      • Cull Mode can now be modified over outline node
    Again, thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately we weren't to provide a fix on this build, but rest assured it will be available on our next one.

First of all, thank you very much for using ASE, we really appreciate the support!
    By default, all shaders created with ASE include a small note stating that it was made with ASE. If you're publishing work made in part with our editor, we would be more than happy to help promote it once it's out. We don't have any specific requirements/requests on how to promote the use of our editor but we do keep a list, be sure to check it out in order to find out how other users promote it.

Made With Amplify Shader Editor

Feel free to use our logo ( attached bellow ) as you see fit.

ASE_Logo.png

Happy shader creations!

ryanflees and Malbers like this.
  21. IrrSoft

IrrSoft

Thanks very much for the response, I will be sure to check them and very happy to recommend and keep supporting your editor! :)

Amplify_Ricardo likes this.
  22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

LAST CALL!
    Quick heads up for anyone interested in adding Amplify Shader Editor or any of our other products to their collection, the Unity Asset Store MADNESS SALE ends today!

Now is the best time to get our packages at half price!

MADNESS SALE - Amplify Products at 50% OFF

23. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

say... y'all know we have the dither shader right? are we able to do some LOD-cross fading for meshes?

24. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Is there a way to visualize the values of a particular channel in the code?
    I'm all sorts of conversion to a Vector4 property and i'd like to be able to see the acutal values of the vector4 (or even float by float) at the end of the math but i can't find a way other than seeing the color in the preview ^^

I know i could read them with a script but everytime i have to get out the amplify node editor it's a loss in efficiency !

25. Cascho01

Cascho01

Is there already a discussion about AmplifyShaderEditor vs Unitys 2018 Shadereditor (advantages, disadvantages, future proofness, etc)?

26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

We have dithering but be sure to toggle "LOD Group Cross Fade" in your shader if you intend to use the cross fade effect.

upload_2018-5-14_13-32-2.png

Unfortunately, that's not something that we can provide at the moment; definitely something we would like to explore in the future. As an alternative, I recommend checking the Relay node for simple visual previews.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for asking, we actually made a small post regarding the new Unity editor a while back.

Let me start by assuring you that we have no plans to discontinue ASE development, we have quite a few innovative features and improvements in development for 2018!

The Unity 2018 Shader Editor is an expected addition, we’ll definitely keep an eye on its development for any relevant features and conventions that it might introduce. In any case, our development path somewhat differs from what Unity currently offers. You can count on us for mature and future-proof shader development, always with responsive support and blazing fast iteration times that you can expect from Amplify Creations. Be it for beginners or advanced users, ASE is the go-to solution for flexible shader development. With over 40 varied free shader samples, Shader Functions, a Custom Node API, an innovative Template System, extensive wiki references, community contributions, and an ongoing tutorial series.

We're certainly biased but, from my own experience, I believe that our editor is far more flexible than the Unity editor.

Amplify Shader Editor already supports the creation of Lightweight SRP compatible shaders, HD SRP support will be available soon. From a creation standpoint, it's as simple as selecting a shader type such as Standard, Custom Lighting, or any other type currently available.

Some of the features and improvements that you can expect during 2018
    • SRP Support
    • Multi-pass support
    • Material Layers
    • Improved Shader Functions
    • New samples and Templates
    • Searchable knowledge base
    • Additional artist-friendly nodes for simplified usage
    We have a lot planned for this year, stay tuned!

27. Mister-D

Mister-D

im trying to create a refraction post process effect for blood drops on screen .
    any ideas on how to achieve this?

28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Depends on how you want it to look but you could try distorting the Grab Screen Color node UV's. Be sure to check the ParticleTest sample, it uses a similar effect for the heat haze effect.

Mister-D likes this.
  29. HitsuSan

HitsuSan

Any news about the anisotropy examples? I've read you were working on it.
    I was trying to reproduce the very nice hair shader made by MizuGames in UE4 but i had to rewrite all of the custom functions used and i seem to have problems setting up a global variable using AF Shader for some reason, let's just say it was a long day of math and failures (that's why i was asking for a way to see the values, doing debug it's a nightmare).

30. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there, no news regarding an anisotropy sample yet, hopefully we'll have something to share soon so stay tuned!

KRGraphics, hopeful and HitsuSan like this.
  31. bitinn

bitinn

Hi Amplify team,

So I have been working with Unity on this issue, they have confirm this bug (see case 1031768). And the cause is basically Unity isn't handling UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP properly if you try to mix scalar and vector values when adding them. For example this will trigger the bug:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         UNITY_INSTANCING_BUFFER_START(LeocitiesTileable)
    2.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed, _UseDecalNormal)
    3. #define _UseDecalNormal_arr LeocitiesTileable
    4.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed4, _DecalBackgroundColor)
    5. #define _DecalBackgroundColor_arr LeocitiesTileable
    6.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed4, _DecalForegroundColor)
    7. #define _DecalForegroundColor_arr LeocitiesTileable
    8.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed, _UseDecal)
    9. #define _UseDecal_arr LeocitiesTileable
    10.         UNITY_INSTANCING_BUFFER_END(LeocitiesTileable)
    They say it's better to reorder them as following (all vectors then all scalars), for performance reason (less internal padding) as well as a workaround for this bug:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         UNITY_INSTANCING_BUFFER_START(LeocitiesTileable)
    2.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed4, _DecalBackgroundColor)
    3. #define _DecalBackgroundColor_arr LeocitiesTileable
    4.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed4, _DecalForegroundColor)
    5. #define _DecalForegroundColor_arr LeocitiesTileable
    6.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed, _UseDecalNormal)
    7. #define _UseDecalNormal_arr LeocitiesTileable
    8.             UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(fixed, _UseDecal)
    9. #define _UseDecal_arr LeocitiesTileable
    10.         UNITY_INSTANCING_BUFFER_END(LeocitiesTileable)
    I assume the ordering here shouldn't affect editor GUI ordering, so it looks like a good change to me?

PS: the order must be Vector then Scalar, otherwise the bug can still be triggered (Scalar then Vector still trigger this bug on my macOS with Unity 2018.1)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  32. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I'm having trouble finding a node for transforming between different spaces. For example, I'd like to transform a vector from world space to tangent space. I did find a "world to tangent matrix" node, but no way to actually use it (e.g. a matrix multiplication node). For now I've had to rely on CustomExpressions with simple mul.

Does Amplify Shader Editor not provide a node for transforming between different spaces?

33. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for providing this additional information, I'll be sure to forward it to the developers so they can investigate it as soon as possible!

Hello!

We've introduced the Transform Position and Transform Direction in build v1.5.3 dev 04, about a week ago, please make sure you're using the latest version which is currently available through our website, as new builds usually take a while longer to be approved in the Asset Store.

SunnySunshine likes this.
  34. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

It works by simply using the Multiply node.
    upload_2018-5-17_8-0-55.png

SunnySunshine and KRGraphics like this.
  35. Mister-D

Mister-D

i cant get my image effect to render over my scene.
    the black in the attached image is where the scene should be but the "grab screen color " doesnt seem to do anything
    ive attached the shader.
    tnx in advance

Attached Files:

36. ryanflees

ryanflees

Hi, can we have the feature that Blend can be set on materials instead of fixed saved in shaders?

It can be easily achieved in shader like
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  Blend [_SrcBlend] [_DstBlend]
    And use enums on a custom editor.

Well the artists in our team may have like a same shader used in different cases of different blend modes. So what they can do right now is to duplicate the shader and set different blend modes on them. And when they change the logics of this shader in the future they need to change all of them which may take a lot time, and if they make a mistake somewhere it's quite uneasy to trace back.

I can change the ASE code like adding custom blend to the enum, and some other logics in different places in the ASE by myself.

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public enum AvailableBlendFactor
    2.     {
    3.         One = 1,
    4.         Zero = 0,
    5.         SrcColor = 3,
    6.         SrcAlpha = 5,
    7.         DstColor = 2,
    8.         DstAlpha = 7,
    9.         OneMinusSrcColor = 6,
    10.         OneMinusSrcAlpha = 10,
    11.         OneMinusDstColor = 4,
    12.         OneMinusDstAlpha = 8,
    13.         SrcAlphaSaturate = 9,
    14.         CustomSrcBlend = 11,
    15.         CustomDstBlend = 12,
    16.     };
    It does work but it doesn't provide a friendly workflow as I changed the code forcely. And I have to make the changes every time I update ASE.

So will this be considered adding to ASE maybe sometime in the future, as it's quite helpful I guess

Attached Files:

37. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello! Thank you for sharing your shader, it seems that you want to create a post process blood effect, so I would suggest the following node setup as a starting point:

Since the Strength value is a property, you can change it via script in order to make the effect fade away over time.

For clarification purposes, the Screen node that I'm using is a Template Parameter which gives you access to Properties and Global Variables available on the current template, in this case we're fetching the screen as a texture, then adding the effect via a tinted mask with a Strength of 0 to 1.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for, and if you have any further questions, thanks!

Hello!

You may achieve this by adding an Int property, setting it to Auto-Register so it can be used without being connected to the node network, toggle the Enum Attribute and then either create a custom Enum or select from one of the available Unity Engine Enum Classes. This will make it so that the value is exposed and editable in the material, as you can see in the screenshot below:

Then, you need to go into the Output node's properties, click the circle besides the parameter you want to use the previously created property, and select it through its drop-down list.

On a final note, make sure that you're using the latest ASE version available for download through our website.

ryanflees and Arganth like this.
  38. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx for the tips, its looking better now but now my main screen is inverted, but i got the blood overlay and refraction working
    screen.jpg
    any idea why its flipped upside down?
    ive attached the shader

Attached Files:

39. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

It's possible that the UVs are being inverted by the graphical API being used.

Could you share the Unity version and graphics API you're using in your project?

40. Mister-D

Mister-D

im using 2018.1in lineair color space forward rendering

41. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Apologies for not being clear enough in my previous post, please go to Edit > Project Settings > Player to open the Player Settings, then navigate to Other Settings, and share the Graphics API settings that are being used in your project as per the screenshot below:

42. Mister-D

Mister-D

see my screencapture

Attached Files:

43. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

There's a fresh build over website.

Here are the release notes.
    Release Notes v1.5.3 dev 06:
    • New Sample:
      • XRay
        • Object has different drawing behavior in front and behind a wall
        • Wall pattern is procedurally generated
    • Improvements:
      • Template internal properties can be used as inline properties on modules
      • Modules can now read inline properties from the template original source
        • Unreadable data message is no longer shown on node properties
      • Added more options to 'Fresnel' node
        • Now supports custom view vector
      • Preventing cast warning with object to clip internal function usage when building shader code for Lightweight SRP
      • Added new icons for inline properties to the Unity personal skin to make them easier to spot
      • Updated Lightweight SRP templates
        • Cull Mode now shared across base, shadow and depth pass
        • Added new Normal input port
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed issue over templates on not assuming inline properties when loading/saving Cull Mode module
      • Fixed incorrect cast and type assignment on connections between 'Texture Object' and 'Texture Sample' nodes
      • Fixed issue on deleting outputs on shader functions and later opening the shaders that use it
      • Fixed issues on Vertex Offset port on Lightweight PBR template
      • Fixed issue on not correctly loading 'Rotate About Axis' node from old shaders
      • Fixed issue on header not showing with texture properties with the NoScaleOffset attribute

Thank you for the screenshot, we do apologize for asking even more information but can you let us know if you are using Windows or Mac?
    Also, if you p.e. are using windows can you please toggle off the Auto Graphics API for Windows (over the same screen you shared ) and share the list that will be shown?
    The uv inversion that is happening may be caused by current graphics API used and/or your operating system. By knowing them it will be easier for us to replicate the issue on our end and provide a better solution as soon as possible
    Apologies for this inconvenience!

Hope you all have a great weekend and happy shader creations!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    hopeful likes this.
  44. Suzuka91

Suzuka91

I have a question that maybe is a bit silly, but I can't figure it out.

I'm making a shader using Particles alpha blended template that is basically offseting the vertex to imitate some kind of hand drawing "jittering movement".
    I would like to translate the actual vertex position of the particles (red dots in the image) to the world position that correspond the screen position of x=.5, y=0 (blue dot)

Is there any node for converting a determined screen position (.5, 0) to world or object space?
    I know I could input from a script the converted point to the shader, but I would preffer doing all inside the shader if it's possible, would be cleaner.

PS: Every ASE update makes me happy, thanks :D

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  45. Mister-D

Mister-D

im using windows 7 direct3d11.
    isnt there a node to just flip the uvs? ive tried negate but that didnt work

Attached Files:

46. ryanflees

ryanflees

It works perfectly!!!! Thanks ASE team, you guys are so awesome!!! My friends will be happy to hear this on Monday.

47. Houchunzhe

Houchunzhe

[QUOTE =“TheNathanParable,post:3324344,member:584999”]很明显,Epic Games确实发布了一个免费的照片真实的人物样本以及那个我假设包含头发的文档。

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/photorealistic-character-sample-released

希望这有助于![/ QUOTE]

Do you have this resource? I found it for long time ,but I do not found it .Do you like share that?

48. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello! Unfortunately, its not ideal to do this through the shader, since as the shader moves each vertice to a specific point, it will become distorted, and we have no real means to properly control this, so I don't recommend doing it this way.

A possible solution would be to use the particle system itself for achieving the intended effect, feel free to check out the following package as it should provide a good starting point: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/particles/particle-attractor-86896.

Thank you for providing further details.

We've been doing some research on what might be happening on your end and fortunately found the solution and it is an easy one.

Upon talking to the ASE devs, they confirmed that the Post-Process template already takes flipped uvs into account ( through the UNITY_UV_STARTS_AT_TOP keyword ) and everything should be with correctly oriented.
    We re-opened the shader you sent, and noticed you are getting the screen coordinates through the Grab Screen Position node. This node itself also tests the flipped uvs via the UNITY_UV_STARTS_AT_TOP, so what was happening is that it was also flipping the uvs that were already flipped by the template itself.

The solution is easy, you only need to replace the Grab Screen Position node by a Texture Coordinates node and everything will be flipped correctly.

Do note that this is only valid on this template since this is a post processing effect and the texture coordinates given by this node correspond to the screen position.

Glad to be of assistance!

Hello, we do not have that resource, might I ask why are you looking for it?

If you're looking to replicate that specific skin look, please be aware that you'll likely need much more than a shader.

49. Mister-D

Mister-D

works perfect tnx!

50. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

Hello again! I just want to share with you guys my latest asset on the store, made possible with ASE and of course with the great support from the Amplify team. Thank you!

Polyverse Dynamic Props is a set of vertex animated shaders fit for low poly style props with global and local wind, detail motion, color gradients, vertex color, texture and emission support. Customize the look and feel of your objects with over 30 parameters. All shaders are built with AMPLIFY SHADER EDITOR, with feature toggles for easier usage and performance. Lightweight SRP coming soon!

Works with ANY MESH, no pre-preparation needed. Compatible with POLYBRUSH for vertex color and wind mask painting (Unity 2017.1 or higher). Download the WINDOWS, ANDROID and ANDROID CARDBOARD VR builds from HERE. Both Android builds are running at 60 FPS on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. Android 7.0 or higher required, higher end mobile devices recommended.

unityunity