Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. kebrus

kebrus

Unfortunately, no. Not yet at least. The only thing needed is to Add a "[HDR]" attribute on top of your Emission Color Property.

I remember you problem, I thought it was solved, I just tried baking again and it works, I'm not sure what could be wrong. My best guess is that your material has some weird shader keywords that are preventing the baking to happen.

Just try this, go you your object and in the material properties header click on the settings "wheel" and select the first option called "Reset".

This will reset your entire material but hopefully it will also reset the material shader keywords. These keywords might be remains from the standard shader from unity, since they add keywords with their different options.

After resetting you need to save your scene to force a save on your material. This way you make sure they don't come back to haunt you again. Finally, set your material properties again and set your GI option to "Baked".

report back your findings.

[EDIT] I MIGHT HAVE FOUND THE CULPRIT!!!
    I tried changing back and forth between standard and my test and I found a way to break it. Apparently even after doing the Reset from above there's one flag that is not resetted at all. If you open up your material file in notepad search for the "m_LightmapFlags" entry. If I only use my shader done in the editor the following number changes between 0, 1 or 2 depending on whether I selected None, Realtime or Baked in the material inspector. But if then change to standard and do a couple of bakes and changes and go back to my shader then is changes between 0, 4 and 5 for those same settings.

So my guess now is that yours either have a 4 or a 5. Thats because my example stops baking if it has those values.

So do this in this order:
    1. Change to standard
    2. Change the GI option to None (this will force that number to 0) (this will force the number to either 0 or 4, you need to add a bit of emission to make it 0)
    3. Change back to your shader
    4. Reset your shader properties (small wheel on top right corner)
    5. Change your properties to whatever you want
    6. Change your GI option back to Baked
    7. ????
    8. Profit

[EDIT2]
    I found why the flag is wrong, according to the docs there are 4 flags total MaterialGlobalIlluminationFlags

Bitwise it should be something like 0 for None, 1 for Realtime, 2 for baked and 4 for EmissiveIsBlack

Which means as soon as you mark your emissive property as black it will set that flag on adding 4 to anything else you have. That's why I was getting a 4 or a 5 (I was also getting a 6) because in my test I would sometimes change my emission to black. Setting it to None and resetting and finally turning everything on again should solve your issue.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    hopeful likes this.
  2. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Refracted Shadows now possible with the Amplify Shader Editor, we will include a sample in the upcoming update.

We encourage you to share your creations with the growing ASE community. In addition to this thread and our own Sample Page, we will feature the latest notable samples in the ASE Asset Store page.

Submit Content here!

3. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I just drooled... this is FREAKING awesome. I also hope to create particle shaders with this that allow us to create things like reflective blood :)

kebrus likes this.
  4. Moouz92

Moouz92

Thank you so much for your research. It is so much appreciated ! But unfortunately I don't think that resolves my problem or at least not completely.
    If I put my emissive to something like 20, I've got a result like this (lightmap flag setuped to 2) :
    upload_2017-1-27_14-49-18.png

I'm not even sure that color came from the emissive because I cannot see the result in any view mode in the editor (baked, emissive, irradiance,...)
    Here is the shader that I use for this lamp.
    upload_2017-1-27_14-54-43.png

[EDIT] Don't pay attention to the clamp node after the normal node, it's was just for a test when I had the glowy normal map problem. ( Perfoce didn't push the .meta file correctly )

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

Just uploaded a new build into our website.

We already fixed some of the newly reported issues ( p.e. 'Custom Expression' node ) but haven't yet tackled the copy-paste ones.

Here are the release notes:

Release Notes v0.3.2 dev 001:
    • Added custom shadow caster
    • Small fix to both emission and alpha on Fade mode
    • Fixed minor issues on reading shaders from older versions( < v0.2.0 dev 002 )
    • Fixed issues on 'Custom Expression' node
    • Fixed issues with 'Grab Screen Position' node
    • Property nodes with Parameter Type set to Global doesn't force _ on the parameter internal name

The new shadow caster generates a custom pass for shadow casting that adds missing elements to unit's own shadow caster.

This makes possible to have specific effects run in the shadow caster like having it bend with the surface normals as the new provided example shows or properly clip our own POM solution in both forward and deferred passes.

Since this generates a significant amount of fixed code It will only generate when necessary and as soon as unity fixes/changes their shadow caster we'll remove or add as necessary.

Hope you guys have an awesome weekend and happy shader creations!

moure, ScaniX and hopeful like this.
  6. kebrus

kebrus

Can you show the result with the standard shader for comparisons? If you open the shader code and add [HDR] before your color property, does it make any difference?

Also I can tell you are using the shader default preview (green border) open the material instead to see the color.

Here's a simple baked example that works flawlessly with the latest version:
    BakingTest.PNG

7. Aerys

Aerys

Please add support for the unity terrain!!!!!

Flurgle likes this.
  8. Moouz92

Moouz92

It seems to work a bit better with the HDR setuped to something like 3 but now the bloom effect is way too much exaggerated. I think I have overestimated the power of the lighting by the emissive :p I thought it was a good way to get a subtle and optimized lighting for an horror game.
    I should now find a good compromise between values & effect or just help with some point lights.
    Thanks again Kebrus

9. NeonTanto

NeonTanto

10. MEGA64

MEGA64

Need support for Texture2DArray.

Flurgle likes this.
  11. bgolus

bgolus

Do you have a node for differentiating between the screen depth and shadowmap passes? Unity doesn't actually provide a 100% way to do this, but their own shaders assume some amount of shadow normal bias exists when rendering the shadow map to tell them apart. Specifically unity_LightShadowBias.y as seen in the UnityClipSpaceShadowCasterPos function.

I use this for my own translucent shaders when I want to render to the forward path camera depth texture as opaque, but have semi-transparent shadows.

12. Flurgle

Flurgle

@Aerys +1 Unity terrain shader support would be great!

13. Arganth

Arganth

It seems to fully use this tool i should increase my shader knowledge
    (despite CS background never got exposed to shader stuff)

whats the best way to get into shaders?
    any book recommendations? tutorials/guides?
    (from a first look most tutorial stuff is pretty basic and nothing like the shader master
    are able to achive in this thread :D )

any pointers appreciated ;)

14. Mark_T

Mark_T

Megasplat is the only answer right now. It has a couple of nodes to use with ASE. I didn't test it so far. I tried yesterday the latest versions of both Megasplat and ASE and I got some errors. We'll get a fix today and see how it goes.
    One thing is sure: my shader building skills are close to zero compared to @jbooth, Megasplat's developer.
    So, I'm not sure if I can compete with his shaders. :) But, even so, I expect and hope something decent to come out of this.
    For the moment, Megasplat is the only option, so, +1 for native texture arrays in ASE!

15. jbooth

jbooth

The main issue is not adding a sampler node; that's fairly trivial. The problem is that Unity doesn't have native support for creating and managing Texture Arrays. I have a whole system for this in MegaSplat; which does things like monitor the source textures and update the array when they change, update the array when the platform (and thus compression type) changes, and makes sure the original textures are not included into the build if they aren't actually needed (usually, they're just used in the array).

Sadly, I highly doubt Unity is going to finish their texture array support any time soon, so each author has to roll their own importer and system for it. As such, if I was writing ASE, I likely wouldn't add support (at least beyond a sampler node) until that stuff is standardized..

16. Mark_T

Mark_T

Looks fairly complicated.
    As an end user the gain is quite obvious. Even though it looks a bit complicated in the beginning. I'm curious how long it'll take for this feature/technology to get mature. In Unity.

Looks like we're lucky. :) Glad you made Megasplat!
    If I manage to do my own ASE-Megasplat shaders I'll be a happy bunny. It won't have so many features and and for sure, less performant, but I really hope it will improve my workflow. That mesh conversion forth&back is killing me.

I'll be grateful if you can ship ashader example with the nodes. And maybe some explanations for the nodes inputs and outputs.
    Would it be possible to make a shader similar to the 2 layer one you have in Megasplat?

17. jbooth

jbooth

Sure.

18. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

Concerning Texture Arrays we are already taking a look on how can we make them accessible from ASE, but yes, there will be always some work that needs to be done via scripting.
    Expect some news fairly soon.

About Unity Terrain, we already registered on our roadmap but unfortunately we won't be able to tackle it any time soon.

Unfortunately we don't provide any node for this. Would be helpful for you if we exposed unity_LightShadowBias as a node? This would be fairly quick to create on our end.

19. bgolus

bgolus

I'm not actually a user of ASE so it wouldn't help me, but if you're going to allow for custom shadow caster shaders, exposing the various shadow related uniforms would likely to be useful to your users who want to plunge into that.

20. irwit

irwit

upload_2017-1-31_17-6-56.png

Hi.

I just purchased this plugin, specifically for the POM features. However seeing the sand demo close up I'm pretty disappointed with the quality around the edges, Is this the best I can expect from this? I was hoping for it to be at least smooth on the edges. The feature kind of works but with this kind of detail on overlapping features it's not really usable for me?

Any help or advice would be great, maybe my expectations were not correctly set which may be the case,

cheers

Will

Flurgle likes this.
  21. ferlodeveloper

ferlodeveloper

Hi.

Congratulations for amplify shader editor, when you get perfect compatibility(i tried but it gives me errors and when i fixed it only gives me no texture) with texture arrays from Megasplat it will be perfect.

I have problems with triplanar projection, i modified to use a splat texture to distribute the triplanar texture but in negative projections normals are inverted. Please how can i solve?

22. Mark_T

Mark_T

I used an older version of ASE and I was able to replicate the shader based on the screenshot from megasplat.com, but I get this error and I don'tknow how to solve this. A few shader examples will be highly appreciated. Thanks! ASE-MEGASPLAT_error_002_.png

23. kebrus

kebrus

Open the shader in the editor and select the POM node and finally check the values node properties column on the left, it has a min-max range of samples and a smoothing iteration factor. You can crank up those to get better results, just be advise of the extra performance cost.

Negative projection? what do you mean by that, can you give an example?

24. ferlodeveloper

ferlodeveloper

projection from x and z axis with positives values result in normal inverted, you can see that from other side normals are ok. If i change the normal relief and invert i get oposite results, i read something in shader forge forum about uv mirror but they dont give any solution. please help normalok.png normalwrong.png

Flurgle likes this.
  25. Jay-Santos

Jay-Santos

Unity Technologies

I want to use the Burn Dissolve shader in order to make a character dissapear, so I want to increment the Dissolve Amount value in runtime.

However the only way I could find to do it is connected to the time since level load, and if I use the time since level load an object will simply vanish automatically if I apply the shader to it a long time after the scene is loaded. Or if I want to instantiate an object mid game using the dissolve burn shader it will already be created transparent.

Here's a snippet of what I am doing - https://imgur.com/a/xY6hY

So I'd like to know how can I implement a sort of counter based on time (*not* time since level load) which I can use to apply this effect.

Hope I made myself clear.

26. MattyWS

MattyWS

I'm having some trouble with a shader at the moment if anyone could help. I've pretty much taken the SnowAcumm example but trying to give it the standard roughness and occlusion maps but any texture I plug into occlusion makes the shader go pure white on the model. If I plug in a simple value I c an make it go bright and dark but pluging in a texture (whether or not the texture in question is bright or dark) results in pure white. Any reason for this? I'm new to the editor. :)

Attached Files:

27. Davain

Davain

Hey,

I am trying to translate this shader http://diary.conewars.com/vertex-displacement-shader/ into amplify graph and have some trouble figuring out how to update vertex normal after its transformation (Reorienting Vertex Normals part). Attaching here my current graph with all the math in place but the last part (v.normal = newNormal) not connected yet. How should I connect this last part ? Can it be even currently done with Amplify Shader Editor ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  28. zelmund

zelmund

cant do simple shader with textures interpolated using splatmap

Shader error in 'Amplify_Shader/Ampl_TerrainShader': Too many texture interpolators would be used for ForwardBase pass (11 out of max 10) at line 19

cant figure why

code generated is:

// Made with Amplify Shader Editor
    // Available at the Unity Asset Store - http://u3d.as/y3X
    Shader "Amplify_Shader/Ampl_TerrainShader"
    {
    Properties
    {
    [HideInInspector] __dirty( "", Int ) = 1
    _SplatMap("SplatMap", 2D) = "white" {}
    _Base("Base", 2D) = "white" {}
    _Layer1("Layer1", 2D) = "white" {}
    _Layer2("Layer2", 2D) = "white" {}
    _Layer3("Layer3", 2D) = "white" {}
    }

SubShader
    {
    Tags{ "RenderType" = "Opaque" "Queue" = "Geometry+0" }
    Cull Back
    CGPROGRAM
    #pragma target 3.0
    #pragma exclude_renderers xbox360 xboxone ps4 psp2 n3ds wiiu
    #pragma surface surf Standard keepalpha addshadow fullforwardshadows
    struct Input
    {
    float2 uv_Base;
    float2 uv_Layer1;
    float2 uv_SplatMap;
    float2 uv_Layer2;
    float2 uv_Layer3;
    };

uniform sampler2D _Base;
    uniform sampler2D _Layer1;
    uniform sampler2D _SplatMap;
    uniform sampler2D _Layer2;
    uniform sampler2D _Layer3;

void surf( Input input , inout SurfaceOutputStandard output )
    {
    float4 tex2DNode2 = tex2D( _SplatMap,input.uv_SplatMap);
    output.Albedo = lerp( lerp( lerp( tex2D( _Base,input.uv_Base) , tex2D( _Layer1,input.uv_Layer1) , tex2DNode2.r ) , tex2D( _Layer2,input.uv_Layer2) , tex2DNode2.g ) , tex2D( _Layer3,input.uv_Layer3) , tex2DNode2.b ).xyz;
    output.Alpha = 1;
    }

ENDCG
    }
    Fallback "Diffuse"
    CustomEditor "ASEMaterialInspector"
    }
    /*ASEBEGIN
    Version=3001
    7;147;1653;843;2609.706;1204.397;2.2;True;False
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.LerpOp;1;-1356.899,-736.2001;Float;FLOAT4;0.0,0,0,0;FLOAT4;0,0,0,0;FLOAT;0.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.SamplerNode;3;-1784.398,-1036.1;Float;Property;_Base;Base;1;None;True;0;False;white;Auto;False;Object;-1;Auto;SAMPLER2D;;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.SamplerNode;4;-1785.398,-835.1003;Float;Property;_Layer1;Layer1;2;None;True;0;False;white;Auto;False;Object;-1;Auto;SAMPLER2D;;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.SamplerNode;2;-1785.7,-590.2001;Float;Property;_SplatMap;SplatMap;0;None;True;0;False;white;Auto;False;Object;-1;Auto;SAMPLER2D;;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.LerpOp;6;-1026.105,-459.2976;Float;FLOAT4;0.0,0,0,0;FLOAT4;0,0,0,0;FLOAT;0.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.LerpOp;7;-726.0062,-253.1975;Float;FLOAT4;0.0,0,0,0;FLOAT4;0.0,0,0,0;FLOAT;0.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.SamplerNode;5;-1357.904,-291.6978;Float;Property;_Layer2;Layer2;3;None;True;0;False;white;Auto;False;Object;-1;Auto;SAMPLER2D;;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.SamplerNode;8;-1020.506,-27.09773;Float;Property;_Layer3;Layer3;4;None;True;0;False;white;Auto;False;Object;-1;Auto;SAMPLER2D;;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.SamplerNode;9;-621.5045,193.3013;Float;Property;_Layer4;Layer4;5;None;True;0;False;black;Auto;False;Object;-1;Auto;SAMPLER2D;;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT2;0,0;FLOAT;1.0
    Node;AmplifyShaderEditor.StandardSurfaceOutputNode;0;46,-246;Float;True;2;Float;ASEMaterialInspector;Standard;Amplify_Shader/Ampl_TerrainShader;False;False;False;False;False;False;False;False;False;False;False;False;Back;0;0;False;0;0;Opaque;0.5;True;True;0;False;Opaque;Geometry;All;True;True;True;True;True;True;True;False;False;False;False;False;False;True;True;True;True;False;0;255;255;0;0;0;0;False;0;4;10;25;True;FLOAT3;0,0,0;FLOAT3;0,0,0;FLOAT3;0,0,0;FLOAT;0.0;FLOAT;0.0;FLOAT;0.0;FLOAT3;0,0,0;FLOAT3;0,0,0;FLOAT;0.0;OBJECT;0.0;OBJECT;0.0;OBJECT;0.0;OBJECT;0.0;FLOAT3;0,0,0
    WireConnection;1;0;3;0
    WireConnection;1;1;4;0
    WireConnection;1;2;2;1
    WireConnection;6;0;1;0
    WireConnection;6;1;5;0
    WireConnection;6;2;2;2
    WireConnection;7;0;6;0
    WireConnection;7;1;8;0
    WireConnection;7;2;2;3
    WireConnection;0;0;7;0
    ASEEND*/
    //CHKSM=D395D6DB4742E1AA125C8FCAC7D223DF7B1CFBF6

Attached Files:

29. radionix3d

radionix3d

I was wondering if I could use shaders made with this tool to make environments for Asset Store. Right now I'm making an environment for Unreal and I would like to use a couple of shader tricks I use there.

30. kebrus

kebrus

I'll check it out, it should be working for all plane projections since only the tangent normals are changing.

Keep in mind that occlusion output is receive a single float value, so when you plug a texture output which is a float4 it will only use the first value (red channel or "x" component). If you want to debug either hold "P" or press it twice to see the colors in the wires. So, in your case you could be using the wrong value. Also, if you are using the lerp be sure that the lerp value is behaving as expected, just output the value into the emission channel to see if everything is okay. Also get the latest build version since I can tell some of your nodes are outdated.

Short answer: get the latest build, it has some optimization regarding interpolators.

Longer answer: your shader model doesn't support more than 10 interpolators, if you change it to shader model 4 you can use more and the error will go away. The reason you have more than 10 is because unity already generates a few of them and each texture sampler is creating another one in order for you to use the tilling and offset feature for each. The latest build condenses this into only one, but can also use a "texture coordinate" node and supply the uv for all your samplers reducing all of them into one. This is not a bug from the editor, it's just a technicality from surface shaders that it's easy to hit. But again, get the latest build :p it will be a lot harder to hit that problem.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  31. zelmund

zelmund

did like you sed and its work nowm but... in shader model 3 only. in SM4/5 i see only black lit color, not textures.
    + but ill try to reduce interpolations byt add single UV to all textures i have, hope its work.

32. tcz8

tcz8

Hi,

I have been trying to create a shader for a 2d sprite and it kinda works but I cant get the transparency/alpha working. So far all I am doing is display its texture and it works but the sprite has a large black outline all around it.

I tried to set the render type to transparent cutout but it doesnt work.

Im sure I am missing something, does anyone know what?

33. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

First of all a huge thanks to @kebrus . Dude, thank you so much for your replies, you already know your way around ASE pretty well!

Concerning the issues with MegaSplat, @jbooth already shared with us what was happening and we already collaborated with him in order to fix them.

@tcz8 Besides setting the Blend Mode you also need to connect your Texture Sample alpha channel into the Opacity port of the Master Node. Can you let us know if this connection is being made?
    Is it possible for you to share your shader so we can try to figure out what might be happening?

Also, we uploaded a new build into our webpage.

With this new build we revamped the Blend Mode section, you now will have to set the Blend RGB dropdown on Alpha Blend and, like before, connect the texture alpha channel into the Opacity port.

Here are the full release notes.

Release Notes v0.3.2 dev 003:
    • Fixed issue with 'Multiply' node
    • Fixed issue with 'Divide' node
    • Fixed issue with 'Texture Sample' node
    • Fixed issue with 'Dot' node
    • Tweaked 'Fresnel' node to use Unity's interpolators and made the default values match Schlick Fresnel
    • Tweaked 'World Normal' node to prevent multiple normals generation
    • Added 'Texture Array' node
    • Added 'Linear to Gamma' and 'Gamma to Linear' nodes
    • Majorly revamped the UI for the master nodes options
    • Revamped Blend Modes and added additional options
    • Added pos-load test on nodes invalid connections to prevent issues with older ASE versions
    Please let us know if you find any issues and happy shader creations!

34. tcz8

tcz8

Allright that partly works. Now the sprite's alpha works but the shadow of the sprite is wrong, it doensnt take into account the alpha and I end up with a shadow of the old shape with the black outline.

Thank you for your support.

35. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello everyone!

I would like to start by thanking you all for your support, we could not have reached this stage without you. After much internal discussion, in order to pursue an exciting opportunity for ASE, we have decided to leave the BETA stage earlier. The editor is now stable enough to be used in production, and flexible enough to be customized whenever needed. We are going to simplify our message, there are no more BETA versions, you purchase it once and it's yours.

Not all users are comfortable using an external download service in order to access the latest version. Some users are not even aware that we update the ASE package weekly, sometimes daily, all they see is the ASE page stuck on the same version for weeks. We intend to change this by speeding up our Asset Store update rate, all users should have access to the latest features and fixes.

The departure from a BETA style release will not affect the development of any of the planed features. However, if you have been considering picking up ASE, now is the best time to do it. The price will no longer increase with every major update, we are going to set it to a fixed value in a few days.

What to expect for:

Current users
    • No changes, you will still have access to everything.
    • Regular updates directly from the Unity Asset Store (instead of per-major BETA updates).
    New users
    • Substantial, albeit reasonable, price increase.
    Development
    • No changes regarding planned features.
    Be sure to let us know if you have any questions, we would be happy to elaborate.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  36. MattyWS

MattyWS

Well buying it yesterday was the right move then! Good to see it breaking out of Beta!

37. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you, we really appreciate the support!

38. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Any chance you'll still be making interim versions available immediately via your website? The Asset Store can be pretty slow to certify and release new updates and I like the immediacy of downloading it from your website.

39. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Yes, no change there. We will continue to update that package.

Thanks!

40. Mark_T

Mark_T

The texture array node is really interesting. Can we get some shader examples? Thanks!

41. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

We included a sample in the latest package. Do you have something else in mind?

Thanks!

42. Mark_T

Mark_T

Hehe, sorry. Apparently I'm blind! :)
    It's working. I attached an int as a property and I was able to change the textures on a normal/common mesh. I was thinking that would be really cool to have a mesh with,lets say, vertices coloured in 4 colors, like a splat map, and be able tomuse colors as an "index" to assign the one texture from the texture array to the corresponding vertex. basically, to convert vertex colors to index/each vertex and blend each texture in the texture array according to the vertex colors on the mesh. Somethingsimilar with megasplat, but doing this on a normal mesh, .fbx or .obj file.
    Thanks!

43. radionix3d

radionix3d

I have to ask this again - can compiled shaders be used in another project without any contents of the editor package or do I have to include it? Basically can I make shaders for my project for Asset store?

44. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Yes, they can be used without the editor. You own any shaders that you create with ASE, feel free to distribute them.

Thanks!

45. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Thx for your Job! This is Great Tool!. But i have Questions.
    I trade this tool in near time & after downloading last beta (0.3.2 dev3) i see not good for me color scheme in shader propeties panel. May be You want return old colors in parameters panel from dark to light style (i not found there this code in file) or set text colors for this panels to light (dark theme not good for my eyes) if this possible.

46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for using ASE, we really appreciate it. The color scheme depends on your Unity version(personal or pro). Are you using the light or dark Unity skin?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks.

47. Mark_T

Mark_T

What would be the way to convert the vertex colors into integers, to use them as index for the Texture Array nodes?
    I tried the Layered Blend node but it doesn't work, even with only Red, Green Blue vertex colors identical with classical splatmap colors. Using splatmaps and lerp nodes is working but you are limited by the splatmap.
    Would it be possible to write a node where we map the colors used to bake the vertex colors (each color will have a corresponding index) and use that node to distribute the textures on the mesh? Something like a Color2Int, or Index Generator and plugged into a vertex index (vertex color's little brother). :)
    I highly appreciate any help with these Texture array nodes. I'm sure these nodes need a companion to make this job easier.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  48. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

I use personal edition and in this edition expanded properties areas(and canvas, but i recolor him) very dark for me. if possible, please, return expanded areas color as node properties color panel (for personal edition this is a Color (201.201.201.255)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  49. zelmund

zelmund

omg, i love balls! :eek:

Amplify_Ricardo likes this.
  50. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

I see what you mean but, unfortunately, we do not set individual values for the Personal and Professional version. Feel free to alter it on your side for now, just be sure to backup your changes before updating ASE.

We will definitely keep your suggestion in mind, the editor is still in active development.

Thanks!