Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

2. Kalsifier

Kalsifier

Hi all, I am trying to convert a material made on Unreal Engine (https://dev.epicgames.com/community...-smart-material-for-roads-or-runways-markings) based on a Humus project (https://www.humus.name/index.php?page=3D&ID=89) to Unity using Amplify Shader Graph, but at the moment I am in difficulty as I can't convert the part with custom expression "GetCotanHalfFieldOfView().x" (also attached a screenshot) in any way, as you can deduce from the mentioned links the main purpose of the material is to prevent markings in an airport reach a size smaller than one pixel.

Attached Files:

3. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

For a more detail discussion i would suggest drop into the amplify discord.;)

4. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I'm having an issue when using depth write for a Lit URP shader. It seems like it breaks shadowcasting.

Anyone know how to make shadowcasting work with depth write?

EDIT:

To answer my own question - this seems to work!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  5. Dawid_Matuszewski

Dawid_Matuszewski

Hello, I imported this asset and amplify shader pack to a new, empty urp project in Unity (2022.3.21f1)
    Mostly shaders are working but there a few that are not working correctly
    for example Xray and water simple.
    in both test scenes I have a errors like this:
    "redefinition of '_CameraDepthTexture_TexelSize'

how to fix this?

6. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

thank you yes, we are already tracking this issue.
    see https://github.com/AmplifyCreations/AmplifyShaderEditor-Feedback/issues/271

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi!

I'm using ASE in Unity 2023.2.14f1
    I upgraded my project recently, redownloaded & reimported ASE from the assetstore. This is the result I'm getting in editor.

I did tinker with the packages included into the project in an attempt to reduce Build-sizes. Perhaps this has something to do with it.
    @Amplify_David @Amplify_Ricardo @Amplify_Support Any ideas what this could be?

upload_2024-3-27_12-58-34.png

upload_2024-3-27_12-58-47.png

8. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Hello yes that does not look correct.
    I would suggest first try doing a clean install for amplify and fully remove the old version from project before import a fresh copy.

can you tell me what version of amplify editor was that shader compiled in before your update?
    you can also send me a copy in email or in private chat so i can try to reproduce any conditions that resulted in that.

Deleted User likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi! Thank you for responding so quickly @Amplify_David!
    This is a fresh project with a fresh install. As mentioned I did disable as many packages as I could to decrease WebGL build-size.

The shader attached in the screenshot is freshly created. I use BIRP targeting WebGL in this project, using the latest Unity version on PC.

upload_2024-4-2_11-58-58.png

upload_2024-4-2_12-0-14.png

upload_2024-4-2_12-1-46.png

upload_2024-4-2_12-3-36.png

Attached Files:

10. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Hello
    This could be difficult to replicate in some order you removed items.
    does it do it with a fresh project before removing so many packages from unity?

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

I started a new project, imported ASE fresh, switched to WebGL and removed all packages by hand. The ASE editor looks fine. So my hunch that it had to do with packages might be incorrect.

That said, I still have the issue within my origional project and I have no Idea how to fix it.
    Fortunately no errors are thrown and the shader editor still works fine, albeit visually crooked. So I'll just keep using it, please send me a DM or notification here when you found a solution.

If you want to have me test other scenarios I can help as well.

Attached Files:

12. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

yes, sorry i did try to remove all the same per your screen shot however it did not break on myside.
    unity does not make it easy to remove as they are connected by dependencies from one to other.
    perhaps it could have been the order you did it.. I see in your comment you may have manually removed items from unity so perhaps that may have been related as I only did from package manager.

13. hampus_unity628

hampus_unity628

Hi!
    Me and my team just updated our Unity version from 2022.3.14f1 to 2022.3.22f1 using the URP, which resulted in errors regarding the Depth Fade node.

This is one of the errors being displayed, that is affecting all the shaders using the Depth Fade node: "Shader error in 'Custom/Water': redefinition of '_CameraDepthTexture_TexelSize' at line 1223 (on d3d11)"

There's a temporary fix if you go into the script file itself and delete these lines, but everytime you update the shader within Amplify again, the error returns.

I've tried updating Amplify, and reimporting new things, but the error still persist.

14. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

thank you yes, we have been tracking this error and the fix for it is about t land in update ASE v1.9.3.3

15. Rollergoose

Rollergoose

Hi, I want to make the option for two sided a public option that I can change in the editor for my shader. Is there a way?
    Thanks in advance.

16. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

sure, this is possible.
    however, can i ask what unity pipeline so i can show you were to do that?

edit:
    also
    within the amplify shader pack many shaders are already setup to show you this setting
    this extra pack is free for your download if you already own copy of the editor.

i suggest have a look at the demo called Material sample

17. Rollergoose

Rollergoose

Im using the URP
    Im using the URP

18. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

thank you for the follow up.
    for " two sided" in URP Lit Unity uses a setting called render face with option for front back and Both
    upload_2024-4-4_15-56-46.png

this "Render Face" is a enum on a Int with _Cull
    http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/df59b074

looks like this
    upload_2024-4-4_15-58-48.png

in ASE URP Lit template to connect it have a look in the dropdown called subshader and find Cull Mode
    to hook the connection, see the small dot next to it and tap it, this will then let you select to the render face you created.
    upload_2024-4-4_16-1-13.png

19. Rollergoose

Rollergoose

Awesome thank you! this made me understand it all alot more!

Amplify_David likes this.
  20. hampus_unity628

hampus_unity628

That sounds fantastic, when will this version drop? :)

21. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

HDRP shaders are always incompatible with higher Unity versions
    For example, I made my shader in Unity 2022, but when I use it in Unity 2023, the light doesn't affect my leaves
    1.jpg

After importing ASM into the unity 2023 and compiling the shader again, it works well:

2.jpg

22. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

per unity SRP versions.
    unity 2022.1 = 13x
    unity 2022.2 = 14x
    unity 2022.3 = 14x
    unity 2023.1 = 15x
    unity 2023.2 = 16x
    unity 6000 = 17x

every SRP version x will have its own SRP cycle within unity core.
    example
    2022.3.0 = 14.0.7
    2022.3.0 thru 2022.3.10 = 14.0.8
    2022.3.11 thru 2022.3.17 = 14.0.9
    2022.3.18 thru 2022.3.23= 14.0.10

within unity core they make changes from one SRP to the next and even larger changes from in new cycles

example
    in 14x unity uses
    #pragma multi_compile_fragment _ LIGHT_LAYERS
    in 16x unity changed this to
    #pragma multi_compile_fragment _ RENDERING_LAYERS

In short unity regular makes thousands of changes adding, changing or removing code.

yes
    you would need to recompile a shader made in 2022 in order for it to work within the Unity 2023 SRP cycle due to the unity changes.

UnityLighting likes this.
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Amplify_David I was able to reproduce the weird WebGL editor issue! I found the bug!

ASE BUG - MaxTextureSize.gif

24. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    Deleted User likes this.
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User

26. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

thank you see comments from dev in git

27. Brainshack

Brainshack

For some Reason, the DOTS Instancing Checkbox is missing. I am new to amplify and only bought it to make some asset shaders work with DOTS. Is there anything I need to do to make this checkbox appear? I am using the current version of ASE and tried both 2023.3 and 2022.2 of Unity.

EDIT: So I now know what the issue is. I am just not sure if my solution is correct, since I basically know nothing about HLSL. Using URP 17 in 2023.3 The Shader of the asset is using the ExtraPrePass. This pass does not have the include to the DOTS.hlsl file, which contains the
    #pragma multi_compile _ DOTS_INSTANCING_ON define. Adding the define to the ExtraPrePass fixes the error messages and the shader renders properly. I just dont know if this is the correct way to fix this?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  28. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Hello
    Unity Dots is added out of box for includes so no check box is currently needed.
    Unity has been doing a lot of work in dots and started moving a lot of code into unity core to share between URP and HDRP

Note for Unity 2022.2 this is a Unity tech release version from api 14.0.4 thru api 14.0.7 and not recommended if use in production.

Unity < 2022.2.0 thru <= 2022.2.13 uses
    #pragma multi_compile _ DOTS_INSTANCING_ON

Unity > 2022.2.14 and higher uses
    #include_with_pragmas "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/DOTS.hlsl"

ExtraPrePass
    yes, your correct extra ExtraPrePass does not have the dots included.
    i will open a git to track and correct this ASAP

for now, a work around you can select the ExtraPrePass block and look over in the options for a drop down called "Additional Directives" and set to = Custom
    then add below:
    #include_with_pragmas "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/DOTS.hlsl"

upload_2024-4-13_12-55-55.png

for tracking
    https://github.com/AmplifyCreations/AmplifyShaderEditor-Feedback/issues/286

29. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey folks! Amplify Shader Editor is 50% OFF during the Spring Sale. If you've been on the fence about it, now is a good time to check it out, fully refundable of course.

Check it out: Asset Store

30. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Hi, I'm getting this error in the HDRP Lit template. Only in version 2023.1.0f1 (HDRP 15). I imported the correct Amplify version but the Lit template itself is giving me this error and nothing can compile.

erro_ttfe.png

Shader error in 'Toby Fredson/The Toby Foliage Engine/(TTFE) Grass Foliage': undeclared identifier 'ApplyDecalToSurfaceNormal' at line 860 (on d3d11)

Amplify Lit template:

Shader error in 'Hidden/HDRP/Lit': undeclared identifier 'ApplyDecalToSurfaceNormal' at line 999 (on d3d11)

31. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Thank you for the report i will get with you after testing.

cheers

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  32. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

hello i was able to reproduce and found the issue
    for your tracking
    HDRP 15x 2023.1.0 decal error · Issue #293 · AmplifyCreations/AmplifyShaderEditor-Feedback (github.com)

i will pots the patch in this git soon as ready

Edit
    Note the decal code in 15x 2023.1.0 is based off code from pre Unity 14x 2022.3.6

cheers

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  33. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

34. baowhity

baowhity

Hello,
    I have encountered a problem while I import the Amplify Shader Editor and Amplify Shader pack. With both "HDRP Samples 15x" Packages imported.
    The console shows this error.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'ASESampleShaders/SRP HD Material Types/Anisotropy': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl'. at line 331
    My running environment is
    Unity 2023.1.16f1 <DX12> HDRP
    Amplify Shader Editor v1.9.3.3
    Amplify Shader Pack v2.1.2
    HDRP v15.0.6

upload_2024-4-27_0-33-24.png

Thank in advance!

35. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Hello, thank you for the report.
    all 100% of the samples in the ASE Amplify Editor have been moved to the amplify shader pack.
    this pack is free for your download if you already own copy of the editor.

the ones remaining in ASE editor will be removed and replaced something new in future
    please find the samples now in the amplify shader pack.

Thank you

36. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Hi again, one of my clients is claiming he's getting these error messages in his main project but it works fine in a fresh one. Any idea what this could be?

Shader error.jpg

37. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

They must not be in the same unity version you compiled for

or they did not unpack / fully replace the old ones with your fresh compile you sent them?
    look for them to send you copy of that shader with the error then you can code compare to what you sent them

38. lassade

lassade

Hi after upgrading my unity and amplify I'm getting the following warning in my shaders:

Code (CSharp):
    1. "Template master nodes amount was modified. Could not set correctly its visibility options."
    The graph is empty, I can't edit the nodes anymore, how can I fix this?

Edit1: Using the URP10 templates work fine, but URP12 and above does not
    Edit2: Using Amplify Editor 1.9.3.3

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  39. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Hello
    I may need a bit more info
    Please can you send copy of the shader your having issue with thru email of contact me in private so i can then try to reproduce

cheers
    David

40. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

@Amplify_David You helped me put together a masking shader for sprites back here.

It works great, but the Vertex Color doesn't seem to be supported for tint and alpha. I tried multiplying it in at various points in the flow, but that didn't work. It feels like I need to multiply something else with the vertex color to have the sprite renderer color be taken into account.

Can you please give me a pointer?

41. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

something like this
    upload_2024-5-10_13-27-47.png

42. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

I'm unsure where to pipe the color and alpha into the existing graph. Also, I don't see the
    BaseColor
    node - is that because it's a sprite?

Here's the graph I'm trying to adapt:

upload_2024-5-14_16-17-4.png

43. Amplify_David

Amplify_David

Hello
    For a more detail and longer chat i suggest we move this into discord

Colin_MacLeod likes this.
  44. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify Shader Editor v1.9.4.0 is here!

➡️ Simple Lit mode for URP 12x and higher
    ➡️ Added Dynamic Branching to Switch Node(#Unity3d 2022.1+)
    ➡️ New Nodes
    ➡️ Improved Stability and Compatibility

And much more!
    Check out the full changelist: Asset Store

Last edited: May 23, 2024 at 6:01 PM
    hopeful likes this.