Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

That's what I meant tho, you can't rotate the UVs w/o it affecting the map. If you rotate the UVs you would have to rotate the tangent and bitangent the same amount, otherwise the map won't be interpreted the same.

Not sure what is wrong with the blend normals.

2. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Not yet, hopefully in an upcoming update. (we're a bit behind, shorthanded)

Depends, is this Reflection probe affecting the object that will use the shader?
    You might need something custom to assign the texture to your shader; if using an Indirect Specular Light node is not feasible.

Not necessarily, what exactly do you intend to automate?

Not sure, feel free to send a sample to support@amplify.pt

3. knas01

knas01

No objects will use this, it's a for a skybox material. That's why I wondered if it's possible to sample from a specific reflection probe.

4. crowmaster

crowmaster

I am trying to make conversion tool from some custom shader system to Amplify. For that i need full access to creating nodes, links and changing parameters from script.

5. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

If it's not a skybox sphere mesh it won't automatically access any realtime reflection probes; you're looking at potentially using a script to assign the realtime texture to the material, this is beyond the scope of our editor.

I see, that's not somethings that is readily available, you'd really need to dig into its source. As you can imagine, this is beyond the scope of our support and editor features.

Alternatively, I'd recommend looking into our Template System and Node API, perhaps a compromise can be found.

6. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

@Amplify_Support

Sorry to bother again, but is there any possibility to get an estimation or even some form of confirmation that these issues/limitations are being looked at and will be fixed at some point? Because if they won't be I'd want to know sooner rather than later.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bes...er-creation-tool.430959/page-146#post-8164997

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bes...er-creation-tool.430959/page-146#post-8165465

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bes...er-creation-tool.430959/page-146#post-8167373

I have a multitude of rather complex ASE shaders that I want to upgrade to HDRP, and it would save me a lot of time if I don't have to remake them in Shader Graph. But right now these three issues are preventing me from making them work inside my project ...

All the best.

7. atmuc

atmuc

When I use Blend Operations/ Color Burn, it cannot process the transparent area (the red one) When I use Darken mode it is ok (the black one). I use PSB file. It has multiple layers. Is it ASE bug, Unity Bug, or normal behavior of shader? When I use a single sprite mode PNG or PSD file it works fine. How can I solve that problem with multiple sprite mode?

upload_2022-6-12_10-24-47.png
    upload_2022-6-12_10-25-12.png
    upload_2022-6-12_10-25-34.png

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  8. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

I can confirm that these are in our system; problem being we're shorthanded and the next update is specific to SRP compatibility. We're reworking a few things, as we we've mentioned before.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, there's no exact ETA for now.

As far as Unity is concerned it just gets flattened into a regular texture(this is not specific to ASE).

It depends on what exactly are you connecting via the Alpha channel. What exactly are we looking at in those 2 screenshots?

XaneFeather likes this.
  9. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Thank you for that confirmation.

While not an exact ETA can be shared, do you think it is likely you will be looking into these issues within 3 months?

All the best.

10. sfrisbyMT

sfrisbyMT

Hi, I'm trying to get the attached to work on a skybox like it does on the sphere preview i.e the white radial gradient stays in the centre of the sphere however you rotate the preview. When I apply this as a skybox material, the radial gradient is in a fixed position in the sky. I'd like it to always be facing me wherever I look. Many thanks

Attached Files:

11. sfrisbyMT

sfrisbyMT

I got the answer elsewhere, but here is the solution for anyone else looking to achieve this :)

Attached Files:

12. Cascho01

Cascho01

Does ASE already support Raytracing?
    Objects with an ASE-Shader do not appear in raytraced reflections.
    I have no luck trying it....:(

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  13. atmuc

atmuc

I used the Multiply blend function. It worked fine.

14. atmuc

atmuc

I use Unity 2021.3, URP, and VR Single pass instanced. Using unity_StereoEyeIndex parameter I can show the same object to eyes with different color. Is there any ASE function to get each eye render separately? For example I show the same cube to left eye as red, to right eye as blue. In game view if I select both eyes I can see difference. I tried render texture, it shows just left eye. I tried ScriptableRenderPass and Blit it shows just left eye too. Is it possible to make a shader with ASE and use it in Blit command to get right eye render? I guess it is related to UV in single pass but I dont know which function to use.

15. parixit2411

parixit2411

Hi, I have one float and color node, I want to turn both into a property so can see them on the material inspector. I have tried setting it to property but it not showing in an inspector.

16. IgorBoyko

IgorBoyko

Hello. After importing Amplify, I am unable to successfully build for iOS even without making any single shader. Simply importing Amplify breaks it for me. Removing Amplify fixes the issue. Is there anything I can do @Amplify_Support ? Thanks. upload_2022-6-17_21-50-27.png

UPD: I noticed it comes from Hidden/PrimitiveIdVariableNode shader. After removing it, the issue is gone. Is where anything we can do about it?

Currently I made a workaround by doing something like this: upload_2022-6-18_0-14-2.png
    Because PLATFORM_SUPPORTS_PRIMITIVE_ID_IN_PIXEL_SHADER forces a multi-compile for both cases.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    kh-liu likes this.
  17. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Apologies but it depends on the issue; we can't commit to a date at the moment. As we've tried to explain in the past, we're changing how SRP related content is handled so that future updates are executed smoother - this is time consuming. We don't discuss internal developments until we're sure it's going to be released.

Not yet.

There's no function for something like that.

Have you connected it to anything?
    Please show us exactly what you have.

Hey!

That is not a common issue, and that shader is not ours.

Do you seen any errors or warnings in your Unity Console Tab? Before and after attempting to build.

18. IgorBoyko

IgorBoyko

That is what
    Hidden/PrimitiveIDVariableNode
    shader compiles to for Metal platform, located at
    AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/EditorResources/Previews/Preview_PrimitiveIDVariableNode.shader

There are no warnings in Unity Console Tab, BUT ShaderCompiler throws a non-fatal error during Addressables/Unity build steps. Mainly shows those errors only in
    Logs/AssetImportWorkerX.log
    and similar logs, or if you build in batchmode with full log mode.

It will never be a problem if you build on your own machine, but it will be an error if you build via Teamcity or Jenkins (or any other software), basically any CI which tracks process exit codes. And ShaderCompiler does exit with a non-0 exit code, which makes builds fail.

This is what the shader looks like after compilation for Metal, 2 variations of the shader to be precise.
    I compile it directly for Metal using Unity:
    upload_2022-6-18_23-54-39.png

Second shader variation tries to use
    input
    which is not defined because
    SV_PrimitiveID
    is not available in such variation due to lack of support of Primitive IDs in pixel shaders:
    upload_2022-6-18_23-55-54.png

Making that specific workaround with
    PLATFORM_SUPPORTS_PRIMITIVE_ID_IN_PIXEL_SHADER
    does fix generated shader:
    upload_2022-6-18_23-56-36.png

I would highly suggest adding that fix for any platform which may not support Primitive IDs as CI/CD solutions may see ShaderCompiler exit status as the whole build status. Not too common apparently, as I am the first to encounter the issue, but it's better to be integrated into Amplify anyway, as the node is only available for Windows Editor, and certain platforms may not support Primitive IDs resulting into broken shaders out of the blue for several people.

If you need more elaboration on the problem and more explanation, I would be glad to make a call and show all the steps.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    kh-liu likes this.
  19. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Right you are, this is one of ours, thanks for following up.
    However, these are Preview Shaders for the editor.

In any case, we will ping the devs to find out what exactly is happening here as we have no similar reports.

IgorBoyko likes this.
  20. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I appreciate the frank answer. Thank you. I hope the changes you're doing will work out the way you hope.

I don't know what the financial situation is with Amplify Creations Lda, or why you're shorthanded, but I think your current approach with supporting old products may be a bit too generous. Few people expect a tool purchased in 2016 to still be receiving updates after 6 years to be compatible with current tech, especially at the rate at which Unity is changing. Plenty of products on the asset store are released annually or biannually, like product version 2021, 2022 etc, with a discount for returning customers. If such a model would have allowed you to have more revenue and thus hire more people so more work could be accomplished, that's value returned to customer. I really don't think people mind supporting awesome tools. The majority understands old products can't be receiving new updates forever.

I have a lot invested into ASE, and so I find myself in a bit of a predicament now when I need to upgrade my project to HDRP while at the same time having a deadline. If this situation could have been avoided simply by purchasing a newer version of ASE, it's something I would do in a heartbeat. Now I might have to remake all my shaders in Shader Graph, and I frankly don't have time for it. It is a very unfortunate situation.

It's not my intent to put this on you or make you feel bad or anything. I'm simply making it known that at least I am perfectly fine buying new versions of software it if means it solves my problems. It may be something you want to consider...

Thank you for reading.

21. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

We appreciate your concern, but let's not paint the situation that grim. The last update was on January, we've done our best to provide weekly updates in the past but that's just not feasible right now. I assure you ASE continues to be licensed, along with our other products, in a sustainable manner. It's extremely hard to find engineers for this kind of work, that's a big reason why we can't just hire any programmer for something like this(believe me, we tried).

Regardless, life happens and all that, but it's not like we're hanging our gloves; let's not make this sound more grim than it actually is. Work continues, we need to change the editor now so it can be better with even more SRP related updates. This and the upcoming SRP Templates update is our maximum priority.

It's unfortunate that you have a deadline coinciding with out delays but there's nothing we can do to speed this up more at the moment.

SunnySunshine likes this.
  22. Sam0waR

Sam0waR

Hi Amplify!

Found an issue with Power() function. Either documentation or implementation is wrong.
    Appeared code generator uses abs() for base when toggle "Safe Power" option. But abs() does not make base greater then zero when input is zero. So it's still possible to get Pow(0,0) for example.

Luke-kaser likes this.
  23. JoeW97

JoeW97

Hi,
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.
    Where is the ASE version of the Unity Standard shader?( I love experimenting with, and learning ASE, but right now I'm on a job and just needed to make a quick tweak to the standard shader without writing it from scratch.)

Thanks!

24. hebep1982

hebep1982

Hi guys. I'm trying to make a tail texture in a specific location. How to get rid of these seams?

Attached Files:

25. IgorBoyko

IgorBoyko

Based on this post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/bes...er-creation-tool.430959/page-102#post-5081960

Here is an updated SimpleLit template for Unity 2021 + URP 12: https://pastebin.com/W4Nx8zjA

Also added Occlusion as a parameter which can be set from within Amplify Shader Editor.

It all may be not suitable for everyone, as apparently alpha clipping does not seem to work (together with receiving shadows, i'll post an update with both fixes soon)

Updated with Alpha Clip support + proper shadows

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  26. crowmaster

crowmaster

When using shader templates can i somehow make shader prameters like Cull Mode setup from variables?
    When i try to use something like
    Cull [_CullMode]
    In template, it gets overriden by default value in generated shader anyway

27. LaurynasLubys

LaurynasLubys

Hi, I just noticed that the Amplify-built shader is washed out and lost a lot of contrast.
    Is it possible to fix this issue somehow?

Attached Files:

28. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Sounds like the usual Unity warning, but we can't be sure without an example.
    Please reach out to us with a simple example(ensure you're using the latest ASE before sending a sample) and confirm what's your Renderer and Unity version used to support@amplify.pt.

Hey there!

There's none, you can make your own version!

There's quite a few samples(free for ASE users) that show you a bit of everything you might need to get started.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/amplify-shader-pack-202484#description

Hi! Depends, try adding some padding to the texture.

Thanks for sharing ;)

Please contact support@amplify.pt for template support.

29. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey!

That does not seem right, almost like one project is set to Gamma and the other Linear.

Please elaborate on what type of shader you're using on both, might give us some clue to what could be happening. Could also be something in your lighting parameters, hard to tell without additional details.

30. LaurynasLubys

LaurynasLubys

I actually do not know myself. Both map versions are in the same project with Gamma colour mode. I noticed that the standard Unity shader is also washed out by default. Only custom, hand written shader is not washed out, that's what you saw in the images.

Setting Amplify shader Light Model from Standard to Blinn Phong actual gave much more contrast, but I am not sure if this is the solution that I should use. I don't mind it, as long as there are no extra issues. I only noticed how washed out things are in Unity, by comparing the same map in a different game engine.

31. Marco-Playable

Marco-Playable

Hello! I had recommended ASE to our tech artist because of the awesome tech support I have received from you in the past.
    However, her experience has been the opposite with all contact attempts and emails being ignored. Is support@amplify.pt still the best way to reach your team?

32. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey, could be a shader difference but, like we said, we need to know which shaders are being compared. I would also look into lighting, seems like one is making use of environment light.

In any case, this seems very specific to your setup, please provide additional details.

Hey! Thanks for recommending it.

While we try to assist everyone that reaches out via the official support email, there is a queue and we're a bit shorthanded. Apologies to your friend, but she will likely have to wait a bit more; let's not assume that emails are being "ignored".

Let's make sure we actually received her messages, please share her email address via DM.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  33. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Greetings,

I can confirm now that we have received 1 email from your colleague. I should point out that for those types of questions you folks should consider using the forum or Discord(usually faster to get a reply from other members).

In any case, your colleague received a reply barely 3 work days after she got in touch; I recommend you check your emails and see what's up before we jump into any conclusions about emails being missed.

And yes, I'm afraid it might take more than a week at times depending on our queue; we're a small team.

Thanks!

34. Marco-Playable

Marco-Playable

Thank you! I don't know when the previous emails were sent but as you said for the latest one it looks like we did get a timely response from you!

Amplify_Support likes this.
  35. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

Hi! Looking to turn an amplify post-process effect into a PPS V2 plugin - However, when I run the Amplify Post Process Shader Stack tool, The result seems... very broken. When the shader is plugged into the Post Process Example script, it works perfectly, exactly as the template examples. However, when I build it, I see this:
    Screenshot 2022-06-30 193505.png
    when I should be seeing this.
    Screenshot 2022-06-30 193533.png
    This is obviously broken. :/

The settings of the "material" version of the shader (called in the PP example script) are as such:
    Screenshot 2022-06-30 193235.png
    And the settings on the PPSV2 version are identical.
    Screenshot 2022-06-30 193817.png
    This is...odd.
    I should note that running the built-in template examples through the Stack Tool also does not return valid PPSV2 plugins, and they have the exact same issue.
    I'm on 2021.3.4f1 and 1.8.9r35.
    Please help!

36. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey!

Seems like you're using the wrong shader type, be sure to import the PPS specific template; it's not the same as regular image effects. Additionally, don't create PPS scripts inside the ASE folder, may result in a Unity specific error during generation.

image(4).png

Howard-Day likes this.
  37. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

Thanks, that did fix it. :D

38. TheCelt

TheCelt

Is there a roadmap of future things being added?

39. Luke-kaser

Luke-kaser

Hi Amplify!
    After URP 12, URP Universal Renderer supports two Rendering Paths: Forward and Deferred.
    Does ASE will support Deferred Shading in feature or this planning already on scheduling?

40. LaurynasLubys

LaurynasLubys

Hey, is there a way to enable specular reflections, when Amplify shader is baked?

41. ethanicus

ethanicus

Hi, I've been having issues with normal maps and reflections (specifically box projection).

When I use a reflection probe, usually the shader works fine. But as soon as I add a normal map to it, the reflection seems to "twist" unnaturally.

Normal strength 0:
    upload_2022-7-9_4-3-11.png

Normal strength 1:
    upload_2022-7-9_4-3-47.png

I have the normal map in question set to Normal Map in the texture settings, and I have the texture node set to Normal as well. Here's my node setup and the material settings:
    upload_2022-7-9_4-6-25.png upload_2022-7-9_4-7-19.png

Am I doing something incorrectly, or is this a bug of some kind? Thanks.

42. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Not public at the moment.

Supports Deferred in the appropriate renderer version. If you find any issues, please reach out to support@amplify.pt

We need more details about the shader type/renderer used.

Normals affect your surface roughness, what exactly are you going for?

43. Luke-kaser

Luke-kaser

Sorry I mixed up between PBR and Unlit. On PBR is good.
    But I notice Unlit shader still has 8 lights limit when using deferred render

And after research. I got this post with same issue.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/issue-with-shadows-in-urp.1221864/

GetAdditionalLightsCount still not work correctly when using deferred render..
    -----------------

Got reply about this issue from Unity tech tem.

GetAdditionalLightsCount() will return ”These lights are culled per-object in the forward renderer”.
    So if you using this Api In deferred renderer it were not retrun the right lights counts

// Returns the amount of lights affecting the object being renderer.
    // These lights are culled per-object in the forward renderer
    int additionalLightsCount = GetAdditionalLightsCount();

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  44. ethanicus

ethanicus

I'm not sure what you mean by this. My issue has nothing to do with the roughness.

The normal map should simply "scatter" the reflection, but instead seems to bend it up and to the right. Here's an example of how it SHOULD behave:
    upload_2022-7-9_21-7-27.png upload_2022-7-9_21-7-29.png

You can see that the reflection is "bent" equally in all directions.
    The way that it works using ASE seems to be incorrect, as it bends the reflection only upwards and to the right:
    upload_2022-7-9_21-9-17.png upload_2022-7-9_21-9-19.png

I would essentially like for ASE to behave the same way as the red ball example, as the way it's working right now is incorrect normal map behavior.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  45. ckohlmeyer

ckohlmeyer

We've been having a recurring issue with our Unity project with Static Switch default values.
    On Unity 2020.3.4f1, ASE v1.8.9 rev 35.

If I've created a Material with a shader, and then later add a static switch to that shader, with a True default value, it wont work on the material. It will appear checked in the Inspector, but the result looks False. If I uncheck and re-check the tick box, it then works. However, next time I compile the shader, it'll break again.
    My only solution has been changing the default in the shader to False, and then making sure every material that uses it is set to override with True.

This may also occur in the inverse scenario where the default is set to False, but I can't recall.

46. atmuc

atmuc

Is there SAMPLE_TEXTURE2D_X node in ASE?

47. Esprahit

Esprahit

Hello there! I'm giving a nice try to ASE to develop 2D pixel style shaders. Right now I'm working with URP and I would like to try some CRT scanlines effect by myself to check the results with the pixel art. I have some experience with basic shader graph but I never tried before full screen effects and the more I search for answers, the more questions show up. This is a noob question probably but what kind of approach would be in ASE. After some search, everything related with screen effects looks cumbersome in URP but maybe there is a simple "way" and I'm skipping it. Thank you for your time.

48. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

What's the behaviour with Shader Graph Unlit?

Is that red ball shot in Unity? Looks rendered.

Anyway, a normal is a normal, this is not really specific to ASE. Unless you've actually run into a specific issue, we'd need to see the shader and normal used to be sure. Try elaborating, perhaps we can point you in the right direction.

Seems to be working as expected.
    https://i.imgur.com/UREBP3K.mp4

That's odd, and are you editing it in Material or Shader mode? We would like to replicate it, an example sent to support@amplify.pt would be great.

What do you mean? There's a Texture sample node, supports arrays. Please elaborate on what you're trying to achieve.

Similar challenges with ASE in URP, we only include PPS and Image Effect templates for the Built-in renderer.

49. ethanicus

ethanicus

The red ball was an example created in Blender to show the desired result.

I've attached the files if you'd like to take a look yourself. Do tell me if I'm messing something up.

Here's the settings for the normal map and material, respectively.
    upload_2022-7-14_0-12-23.png upload_2022-7-14_0-12-36.png

Attached Files:

50. ethanicus

ethanicus

Also here's what's happening for me, when I adjust the "NormalMapScale" value.
    normalbending.gif