Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Heya.

How can I make the shader use the flipbook frame blending feature of the particle system? It doesn't soft transition between the frames by default like the normal unity particle material does.

2. Kevin-VFX

Kevin-VFX

I would say that it's an oversight rather than out of the scope. Every other premutation of it is available. I managed to do it manually by editing the editor. Thanks though.

3. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey, thanks for using it!
    Ultimately, the complexity of the operations is the deciding factor; we don't have a set of "mobile shaders" we can direct you to. However, you are free to create your own shader template if needed.
    Do you have any specific in mind? Target platform is also a factor, you wont be able to use Tessellation on older devices for example, this is really specific to Unity and not our editor.
    But please do elaborate.

What exactly are you using as a reference?

Depends on how you're using this; is it something provided by Shader Graph? Please do elaborate, we're always on the lookout for additions to the editor.

If you can, please reach out to support@amplify.pt with details on how exactly you're using it, or what you changed, and one of our developers will examine it directly. (pretty much first line support here, best take it to the devs)

Also be sure to specific

Thanks!

4. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

I'm not sure what you mean. I have a texture I'm using with an ASE material that I'd like to work like the Unity's smooth transitioning flipbook animation material.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  5. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

Simple question I hope. Is there a way to change the order of nodes in the inspector without editing the shader file directly? I have a set of consecutive floats but they are all jumbled up in the inspector.

6. l19920910

l19920910

How can I put screenPos calculation to the bottom of Vert part?
    There's some vertex offset after it and makes artifact for dither after.

Attached Files:

7. forgestudiosdevelopment

forgestudiosdevelopment

Hi all,
    I wanted to ask whether or not it's possible to sample the light textures generated by the 2d renderer.

This has been possible with Shader Graph since URP 12 as they introduced a 2d light texture node.
    This is perfect for creating emissive shaders which wasn't possible before this in a simple way.
    Perhaps I am overlooking something, but I can't find a node that allows me to do this in ASE.

Hope you can help out,
    Thanks!

8. l19920910

l19920910

upload_2022-4-15_17-22-28.png

And it does matrix transform twice

9. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Sorry, can you point me to that flipbook material/shader? Not really sure what you're referring to but would be happy to check it out.

Depends, you can order it in the editor but ultimately this depends on the Shader GUI script used. (Will vary depending on shader and renderer used)

Example: https://i.imgur.com/ld9MDou.gif

It's accessible with a Texture Object node set to "Global" (_ShapeLightTexture0-3). Set your own UV's such as with the Grab Screen Position node.
    image(3).png

The Vertex To Fragment node allows data to be calculated on the vertex function and transferred to the surface/fragment via interpolators. http://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Vertex_To_Fragment

10. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Particle > Standard Unlit
    There is an option you enable called flip-book frame blending that lerps from one frame to another so the flipbook animation transition looks smooth no matter how slow it is instead of looking choppy.
    upload_2022-4-15_16-19-1.png

11. Bop4yH

Bop4yH

Hey, I download and open assets Shader Editor and Shader Pack. Next I open BaseScene and looked some errors. How can you see on screenshot. What can I do resolve this problem? Thanks
    Unity 2020.3.28.f1
    Shader Editor 1.8.9.035
    Shader Pack 1.0.3
    URP 10.8.1

Attached Files:

12. zeux-n00b

zeux-n00b

Hello!
    I need help to make background shader. Especially on rotating UV map along X Y Z axis or just elevating and heading.
    I made it in URP Shader Graph but i dont understand how to make it in Amplify Shader. Ill put a zipped file in URP Shader Graph here for compensate ti easier.

Attached Files:

13. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Ah, I see. I don't have an example for that specifically(would require examining that code) but perhaps this cool tutorial from the great PolyToots can help. (similar effect on the shader side)
    Just to clarify, that does follow under custom features available on the Unity shader, our template does not provide it out of the box.

That's odd, is it just that particular URP material or does this happen on all URP samples?
    (we'll check it out on our side as well)

Hey, what exactly are you having difficulty translating to ASE?
    Perhaps we can help over Discord: https://discord.gg/zVdqVSp

14. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

That's pretty helpful thanks.

Amplify_Support likes this.
  15. Foor1o

Foor1o

Hi,
    I wanted to ask how to stream position, and center from particle system to shader? Like in this simple example I want to offset vertices along some value, but instead of scaling object independently, a whole particle system is scaling up. There are plenty of examples how to add custom attributes, but neither is about position.
    upload_2022-4-25_13-43-41.png

Attached Files:

16. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

I saw via email that you found a solution, let's try to not duplicate questions in different places. Discord is the best place to ask the community, for actual editor tech support you can always ping us at support@amplify.pt.

Foor1o likes this.
  17. EGNIGAR

EGNIGAR

Has anyone found a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

18. plippuner

plippuner

I posted this question on the Amplify Discord last week but was then on other jobs.

We have a project we recently updated to Unity 2021.3.1 LTS with the Universal Renderpipeline. The Project had Amplify installed for some time now, and everything works fine. Since the update, we can't work on the shaders anymore, because Amplify can't find the shader templates anymore.

Screenshot:
    upload_2022-5-4_10-25-38.png

We tried the following
    • Updating Amplify to the most recent version
    • Deinstalling Amplify and reinstalling it via package manager. Reimporting the URP Samples
    • Deinstalling Amplify and reinstalling it via the unity package on the Amplify website
    I also created a new and empty project. Here everything works fine.

We get the following error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. AmplifyShaderEditor.TemplateMultiPassMasterNode.CheckLegacyCustomInspectors () (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Templates/TemplateMultiPassMasterNode.cs:3233)
    3. AmplifyShaderEditor.TemplateMultiPassMasterNode.ReadFromString (System.String[]& nodeParams) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Templates/TemplateMultiPassMasterNode.cs:3227)
    4. AmplifyShaderEditor.AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.LoadFromDisk (System.String pathname, AmplifyShaderFunction shaderFunction) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:4459)
    5. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception, Object)
    6. AmplifyShaderEditor.AmplifyShaderEditorWindow:LoadFromDisk(String, AmplifyShaderFunction) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:4473)
    7. AmplifyShaderEditor.AmplifyShaderEditorWindow:LoadDroppedObject(Boolean, Shader, Material, AmplifyShaderFunction) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:3030)
    8. AmplifyShaderEditor.AmplifyShaderEditorWindow:LoadObject(Object) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:1470)
    9. AmplifyShaderEditor.AmplifyShaderEditorWindow:OnEmptyGraphDetected(ParentGraph) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:5768)
    10. AmplifyShaderEditor.ParentGraph:Draw(DrawInfo) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Graphs/ParentGraph.cs:1120)
    11. AmplifyShaderEditor.AmplifyShaderEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:5043)
    12. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

19. plippuner

plippuner

The above mentioned issue is resolved - I had to manually reinstall the URP Templates

20. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Depends, do you not see the same result with a Shader Graph Unlit shader?
    What's the current Unity version?

Disable the SRP Template Auto Import(we need to correct this for the latest version) and import the templates manually.
    upload_2022-5-7_12-8-31.png
    upload_2022-5-7_12-10-51.png

21. ethanicus

ethanicus

Hey, so I have an issue.

When using the inverse-hull method to create an outline effect, you have to have smooth shaded vertex normals or else you'll get gaps in the outline mesh. The only real ways around this are to either use the scale method (which doesn't really work for many situations), or to use smooth shading on the model.

The thing is that for some objects I obviously don't want smooth shading, such as cubes or the tops of cylinders. I'm wondering if there's some way to either:
    • Smooth the normals in ASE
    • Un-smooth the normals in ASE
    I'm aware there's some method involving baking the smoothed normals into the vertex colors, but I actually want to use the vertex colors for the purposes of selectively enabling and disabling the outline effect. Is there any solution to this, like some ability to average out the vertex normals, or am I just going to have to find another way?

22. ratking

ratking

There is also UV2, UV3, and so on, you might want to use that.

23. ethanicus

ethanicus

Can ASE access different vertex color UVs? I saw no such options from my searching.

24. ratking

ratking

Vertex colors and UV sets are different things. Usually UVs are float2 while vertex colors are float3. Both are interpolated.

Screenshot_2.jpg

So you could use UV3.x for enabling/disabling info, instead of the vertex colors.

25. ethanicus

ethanicus

I think I misspoke, I read somewhere that you can have multiple vertex colors through UV sets, but ASE can't seem to choose between them. That info could be incorrect though.

Can you explain this process? Are you suggesting to use a texture on UV set 3? I feel like I'm uninformed about some of these technical details.

Or are you actually suggesting I somehow use the literal UV coordinates from UV3 as data? If so I'm not sure how I'd accomplish that from Blender or however I should do that.

EDIT: Using the script from here, I've managed to bake smoothed normals into the vertex colors right from within Unity. This still leaves the issue of figuring out selective outlining, but at least now I can shade how I like and still have clean, connected outlines.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  26. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

27. o1o101

o1o101

Hey, anyway to grab the light cookie texture / transformation in URP Unlit / custom lighting?

Edit: Got it working, for anyone in the future looking for this, do this in a custom function, and add the include file, float3 out, multiply it by your light. "#include "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/LightCookie/LightCookie.hlsl"
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  SampleMainLightCookie(positionWS);
    2. return SampleMainLightCookie(positionWS);

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  28. TheGonzoGamer

TheGonzoGamer

I need assistance in adding alpha cutoff to the albedo texture in my shader.
    I created my own shader using the online docs for ASE and it works beautifully. Now I need to add the ability to adjust where (between full black and full white) transparency kicks in.

I apologize in advance if I'm describing it incorrectly or if this is a simple task. I'm not very good at shaders. Thank you in advance!

29. SuperDanOsbourne

SuperDanOsbourne

Hi, I'm kind of new to the Shader Editor and I'm wondering if there is a DDXY node. I just can't seem to find it if it's there. Any help with this would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I guess FWidth works the same?

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  30. TheGonzoGamer

TheGonzoGamer

Is ASE abandoned?

31. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

@Amplify_Support

Hi there,

I'm wondering how you're supposed to write your own motion vectors in an ASE shader. When enabling the motion vector option and precomputed velocity, there is no output for velocity. Compared to Shader Graph, when adding custom motion vectors you get a specific output for it in the vertex shader.

All the best.

32. cajphrase

cajphrase

Hi, it looks like I've discovered an issue with ASE. I need to get an InstanceID with the 'SV semantic' turned on in the vertex shader stage, but when this is connected it doesn't compile with the following error message:

Shader error in 'InstanceIDTest': 'VertexFunction': no matching 1 parameter function at line 433 (on d3d11)

Connecting the InstanceID node in the vertex stage with 'SV semantic' off works fine, and when connecting the node in the fragment stage with it can be toggled on and off with no issues.

Attached Files:

33. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Hi,

I have this very strange problem with ASE shader:

d9dea07643cdab7e185d5ff13d6dcd99.gif

Here, the cube is rendered with default HDRP/Lit material. Sphere is rendered with completely blank HD/Lit ASE shader. AO is from HBAO asset. When changing the material on sphere to blank Shader graph shader, the problem goes away.

34. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Sorry, this is not specific to ASE so there aren't many solutions we can provide here. Consider using a Image Effect based solution.

Anything baked into UV channels must be accessed with the Vertex or Texture Coord node; this is not specific to ASE.
    https://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Vertex_TexCoord
    https://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Texture_Coordinates

Please don't be "that person" just because you didn't get an immediate reply to what you asked.

To answer your question, please post an example shot of the shader you're using; we need details before recommending anything.

For quicker questions/chatting, use our Discord server: https://discord.gg/zVdqVSp

DDX and DDY nodes are available; you can can always use a Custom Expression if that's not what you're looking for.

Depends, can you show us what you're referring to on the Shader Graph side?

Thanks!

We'll double check this as it was a recent addition. (we'll get back yo you)

That's odd! I'm assuming you're using an ASE opaque material, we'll have to test it.

Please let us know what's your current Unity and ASE version.

Thanks!

SunnySunshine likes this.
  35. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

b251ed41c5981089be1e28860c1d4967.png

Yes, it's an opaque ASE material with default settings for a HD/Lit shader.

Unity 2021.3.3f1.180
    ASE 1.8.9r35

Thank you for looking into this!

36. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I also have a feature request - being able to set the normal space for the normals! I think right now it always assumes tangent space.

37. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Found a bug with Depth Offset.

b5cb906d504bb083d7dc10c50ca21c77.png

Unity 2021.3.3f1.180
    ASE 1.8.9r35

All the best.

38. zackblack

zackblack

Hello,
    I have a simple sprite shader that is ignoring white pixels using the Compare node. Problem is, it ignores other colors that are "close to" white. Is there some way to adjust the precision or achieve the required results a different way? Thanks in advance!

39. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Was the POM decal issue ever fixed? I'm having trouble getting it to work:

de0cfb3462d6ba704fc7597f726d054c.gif

This is the graph (does not work):

065b05e63800d77c44c55770da2e7d92.png

Equivalent shader graph (works):

6a342b83aae94ce3189e22e0aaa80903.png

40. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

41. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

42. knas01

knas01

I've looked at the skybox example and what I want to do is, instead of sampling a texture, I want to sample a specific realtime reflection probe. How can I do this in built in renderer?

43. cybie

cybie

Hi, I am using Built-in Shaders. How can I have the shadow render differently to main shader? For example, I have a shader which use Dithering for transparency effect, but I want the shadow it casts to be solid, and not with holes.

Thanks

44. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I might be wrong but I think I remember "Rendering Options > Use Default Shadow Caster" does this if you check it. Otherwise, you can always add a static switch for the "UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER" #define and have it affect the dithering differently.

45. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Actually, I think you have to edit the resulting shader manually and remove the "addshadow" pragma if you use the first approach (use default shadow caster).

46. cybie

cybie

Thanks, being new to Amplify, can you walk me through the detail a bit? With the second approach, I know how to add static switch, but the rest is not clear to me.

47. crowmaster

crowmaster

I want to create Amplify shader from editor script. Is this possible?

48. mjako64

mjako64

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with normal map blending. I created a shader with a trim sheet normal map mapped to UV1 and a detail normal map on UV3, which works out great except that the swizzle of the detail normal seems to be affected by the UV1 coordinates

Here are the broken normals:
    F40DkEn2uZ.png

I checked and double-checked that the normal map is set up correctly, and then I discovered if I went and rotated this area in UV1 180 degrees, the normals were fixed:
    fmiKhE0rIz.png

I'm a little confused by that because these are tangent-space normal maps and I thought the rotation of a UV shouldn't actually have any effect on the shading. Here's my node setup:
    kKJBz54utx.png

And the UV1 mapping (mapped to an empty area on the trim sheet):

blender_9n5UEJFvgs.png

Appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

49. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

88663adeec566a1fe945fb5a1d26351d.png

@mjako64

You can't rotate a tangent space map w/o affecting the lighting.

I'm wondering if one of those maps has incorrect DirectX vs OpenGL normals? Have you tried multiplying the Y-channel with -1 before blending the normals? Or just invert the green channel with levels in photoshop.

50. mjako64

mjako64

Thanks for replying. That was my first guess as well, but both maps are +Y so that can't be it.
    I should've specified, I didn't rotate the normal map, I rotated the UVs in UV1 and the normal map that uses UV1 is completely flat there.