Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. kebrus

kebrus

Out of curiosity I actually tried recreating the original unity projector shader, you still can't do it in this editor because there are a few things missing, most specifically a pragma and the texproj variant of the sampler. But even with those I believe it's best to wait for the frag/vert combo since the final surface shader for projectors with the editor is highly un-optimized. Still, it's possible with a few additions.

2. Tobias-Pott

Tobias-Pott

@kebrus:
    I've managed to reproduce your fine looking results with the texture I've posted and I assume the nicer results come from an less noisy texture from the JPEG format compression and bilinear filtering in Unity. (My bad for uploading it as jpeg in the first place, the original is a tiff which I couldn't upload here directly, the original is attached as zip this time).
    The only thing which gives a nicer result is turning of the compression inside Unity but it does not remove the noise only reduces it by a very little amount.
    Perhaps you can have a look with the attached texture where this noise could come from (using the Alpha channel)?

Attached Files:

3. kebrus

kebrus

Yep, I managed to reproduced the problem, it's indeed a bug. It's letting you select the channel but then it always uses the red channel which in your case it's a lot more noisy. Since it's a simple bug the solution should come soon.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. Tobias-Pott

Tobias-Pott

Ah, actually I didn't thought that far to just look into the final shader which channels it uses. Looked to me more complicated than that and I suppose that to be fixed quite fast by the ASE guys then =).

5. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

Sorry for being a bit of a silent on these last few days!

We've been hard at work closing this current beta and will be submitting the new Beta 3 really soon to the Unity Asset Store.

Beta 3 will also have its price updated, so if you haven't acquired ASE yet now is a perfect time to do it.

On this new build it is REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU GUYS BACKUP YOUR WORK BEFORE UPDATING since some major changes were made on the ASE folder system.

One big issue we had was that ASE editor resources was inside a Resources folder, what that meant is each time you created a build those resources would also be part of it ( which is a no go ).

Because of that we re-organized our resources folder and now is located at AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/EditorResources, and since we were making changes on folders we decided to also organize a bit better the Examples.

To provide a clean new Package Import and make the files go to their new correct locations we had to create new metas for them. What this may impact on your end is, if you were p.e. referencing a texture from our own textures folder on a material of yours then its reference will be lost.

Once you finish importing this new package, a pop-up window will appear asking you to remove these old folders:
    Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Samples
    Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Resources
    Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Templates
    Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Textures

VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT:
    IF YOU HAVE ANY ASSETS OF YOURS INSIDE THESE FOLDERS YOU WILL NEED TO MOVE THEM ELSEWHERE BECAUSE WHEN HITTING THE "REMOVE INVALID DATA" BUTTON ALL THESE FOLDERS AND THEIR CONTENTS WILL BE PERMANENTLY DELETED.

Sorry for the caps guys but we really don't want you to lose any work because if this.

Without further ado here are the full release notes for this build which can be downloaded from the usual page:

Release Notes v0.2.6 dev 001:

• Fixed issue on 'Virtual Texture Object' node
    • Fixed issue on 'If' node
    • Fixed issues in 'Parallax Occlusion Mapping' node
    • Fixed issues on 'Texture Sampler' node
    • Fixed issue for translucency on point lights
    • Fixed issues on 'Texture Coordinates' node
    • Fixed issue on not correctly syncing ASE when when hitting paste button on our custom inspector
    • Avoiding null pointer exception when compiling a 'Texel Size' node without references
    • Re-Organized ASE folder system and added initial pop-up window to clean old/deprecated data
    • Tweaked Default/Material values UI on Property nodes
    • Node Properties window can now be show by double clicking a node
    • Renamed Uniform parameter type to Global
    • Added Distance-Based tessellation. Can be activated/configured on Master Node properties
      • Added Tessellation sample
    • Added emission baking support. Queue must be set to "Geometry" to work properly
    • Added Tiled Atlas sample
    • Added scenes for each sample
    • Added tool tips for Master Node properties

Tessellation:
    This technique allows you to dynamically add additional detail into a mesh on the GPU. For now we only have distance-based which adds detail according to a minimum and maximum distance to the camera.
    Tessellation.gif

If there are any questions that we missed and were left unanswered can you guys re-post them so we can answer them?

Also if you guys have any issue regarding this new build please let us know so we can fix it as soon as possible!

Happy shader creations!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  6. Player7

Player7

Dunno about everyone else but I usually end up moving every asset that is purely for editor stuff into a root asset plugins folder :)

so this new change will end up being "Plugins/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/EditorResources" for me,
    which makes me wonder if this couldn't be arranged this way..
    "Plugins/AmplifyShaderEditor/EditorResources"

Anyway can you make a note of if the sample pack has been updated alongside the dev build...(like it includes the above terrain tessellation scene?) when releasing a new dev build.

7. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

That tessellation looks really good @Amplify_RnD_Rick! I recently updated my engine to Unity 5.5 and everything looks SOOOOO good.... I am waiting for the addition of skin shader and hair support before making any major moves to a new material system..

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Loving it so far, but it is beta, looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

9. TheAlmightyPixel

TheAlmightyPixel

Is there not a 'clip'-node yet?

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

No offence but could you do that inside of the existing Plugins folder or maybe allow us to move it there (no hardcoded paths) ?

Because we like a clean project :D

11. kebrus

kebrus

You can move the folder around but rearranging the paths inside of that folder will most definitely break things. This is a battle that must be done on unity side as well. There whole package system has some major flaws in my opinion and in this asset case it was using the resources folder to get whatever it needed without folder restriction, the bad part is that it also was being compiled into the final build. If they had a folder that could be used and accessed anywhere like "Resources" does to load stuff but without compiling then you could rearrange everything without breaking, not having that means some folder structure must be maintained, which does not bode well in case of plugin updates but so far it has been dealt with.

I'm almost certain you can move the entire folder into the plugins folder, or isn't that what you were referring to?

Sorry if I'm not aware but is there a case in which the opacity mask is not enough? because what that output does is to call clip.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  12. Player7

Player7

"You can move the folder around but rearranging the paths inside of that folder will most definitely break things."

I know that.. what I'm asking is if the change I suggested was made by amplify.. would it work and have the same effect as the current new folder structure? because if so I'd prefer that way instead :)

13. Moouz92

Moouz92

Hey

Not sure if it's since the last update but my normal map shows weird results. The shader is not complex at all.
    If a set a clamp (0-1) it's still visible but only in some points of view.

upload_2016-12-11_22-37-30.png
    upload_2016-12-11_22-33-52.png

14. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

We really understand your request but this folder system Amplify<PluginName>/Plugins is standardized across all our plugins and maintaining consistency across our products is really a big deal for us. Hope you can understand our point.

We most will do that. Glad you mentioned this.
    From now on we will inform if the samples pack is also updated.
    We decided to include all the samples on this last build file since all those folder changes were made. But also updated the samples pack zip file with the newest stuff.

Not yet, the way you can use the clip instruction is by setting the Blend Mode to Masked and connecting something to the Opacity Mask port on the Master Node. Note that what we internally do is clip( Port Data - Mask Clip Value ) where the Mask Clip Value can be configured on the Master Node Settings.
    But please let us know if this is too confusing or it doesn't work for your needs.

A clean project is extremely important indeed. All our internal paths are relative to the main AmplifyShaderEditor folder. For now if you want to move our plugin you have to move as a block and maintain our internal paths but we'll improve this on a future build.

Hey Moouze92. We analyzed the generated code for the normal maps and everything seems to be correct.

We're not quite sure on why are you using the Clamp and Normalize nodes on the normal result and we think the issue might come from them.
    Just wanted to give a brief explanation on what we internally do with normal maps and hopefully help you fix this issue.

When you mark a Texture Sampler as Normal we internally have to do some processing on the texture fetch result so it can be used on the Surface Shader Normal output. We do that by calling the builtin Unity function UnpackScaleNormal(...) using the texture fetch results and normal scale as inputs. This function will internally remap the input value to a [-1,1] range and apply a scale to it ( which you specify through the Normal Scale port ).

On your graph by clamping the result of the XYZ port you are incorrectly discarding data on the negative range which results on light interaction inconsistencies.

15. XaneFeather

XaneFeather

Hey!

Is there any documentation for how to write custom nodes? I'm interested in SpeedTree related nodes (specifically wind [Vertex Node] and dithered LOD [Frag Node]). Anything of the sorts in the pipeline? If not, is it possible to write custom ASE nodes?

Thank you in advance!

16. Moouz92

Moouz92

I know clamp the normal map is something wrong but I was just trying to identify the problem. When the roughness (inverted) is disconnected those weird glowy things disapear but I don't think that my maps are wrong.
    All the post process are disabled Bypass sRBG sampling is ticked on my RMA (roughness/metalness/ao) and is not visible only on one mesh.
    I did a quick test with a Unity standard mat and it's working fine.

Attached Files:

17. Johannski

Johannski

Hey there,
    I just bought the asset and it makes a quite nice first impression. Sadly I'm getting an error every time I select a shader/material with a _BumpMap property that was not created by AmlifyShader. This is the error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Material doesn't have a float or range property '_BumpMap'
    2. UnityEngine.Material:GetInt(Int32)
    3. AmplifyShaderEditor.CustomMaterialInspector:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Utils/CustomMaterialInspector.cs:25)
    4. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    I'm on unity 5.5.0f3. Is there any fix for that?

laurentlavigne likes this.
  18. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Yes you are able to create custom nodes for ASE. We encourage on trying to do it and give us feedback on how can we improve our API overall.
    We already have a good amount of nodes created by our community on the ASE package.
    Unfortunately there is no proper documentation for creating new nodes yet. But we are planning on greatly improving all our documentation on a near future.
    Since this plugin is constantly evolving, our site documentation is already outdated.
    Concerning SpeedTree, we do have it registered on our roadmap but honestly we can't give you an estimate on when we will start working on it.

Oh shoot, I misunderstood your issue. Apologies for that.
    We'll do some further testing and let you know as soon as we figure out what might be happening.

Hey Johannski. Really glad you became part of out community.
    Sorry for answering your question with a question but, do you have the latest version from our website?

One fix we added a couple of weeks ago was to only use our custom material inspector on materials using ASE shaders so this issue you reported shouldn't be happening. We did some tests on our end and couldn't replicate the issue.

In here you will find the latest builds with new features, bug fixes, improvements, etc.
    You only need to place your invoice number on the text area near the Unlock button and then hit it to get access to the download link.

Can you let us know if this issue is still occurring on our latest build?

Moouz92 likes this.
  19. Johannski

Johannski

Thanks for pointing it out, I just downloaded the the version from the asset store. The newest version from the website fixed the error. Awesome shader examples btw.

20. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Is there a requirement for Unity 5.5 or can we still use 5.4.3?

Having issues after updating to v0.2.6 dev 001 (this is a brand new project using the default asset unpack paths). The shader editor window is blank and will only let me resize it. I cannot close, minimise or do anything with it.

These errors are in the console:

Invalid AssetDatabase path: /Plugins/EditorResources/GUISkins/MainSkin.guiskin. Use path relative to the project folder.
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:LoadAssetAtPath(String, Type)
    AmplifyShaderEditor.UIUtils:InitMainSkin() (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Utils/UIUtils.cs:361)
    AmplifyShaderEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:2407)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

and...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AmplifyShaderEditor.UIUtils.InitMainSkin () (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Utils/UIUtils.cs:362)
    AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:2407)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

and (once I try to open a shader in the window)...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AmplifyShaderEditor.ParentNode.ChangeSize () (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Nodes/ParentNode.cs:589)
    AmplifyShaderEditor.ParentNode.Draw (AmplifyShaderEditor.DrawInfo drawInfo) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Nodes/ParentNode.cs:777)
    AmplifyShaderEditor.MasterNode.Draw (AmplifyShaderEditor.DrawInfo drawInfo) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Nodes/Master/MasterNode.cs:171)
    AmplifyShaderEditor.ParentGraph.Draw (AmplifyShaderEditor.DrawInfo drawInfo) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Graphs/ParentGraph.cs:537)
    AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.LoadObject (UnityEngine.Object objToLoad) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:701)
    AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.LoadProjectSelected (UnityEngine.Object selectedObject) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:632)
    AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.LoadMaterialToASE (UnityEngine.Material material) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Menu/AmplifyShaderEditorWindow.cs:238)
    ASEMaterialInspector.OnGUI (UnityEditor.MaterialEditor materialEditor, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] properties) (at Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Utils/CustomMaterialInspector.cs:38)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.PropertiesGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1293)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Any ideas?

Cheers - Trev

21. Artaani

Artaani

Hello.
    I am considering to buy this tool and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a "Perlin Noise" node?

2. Is there a "Grayscale to Normal map" node?

I am working on GPU procedural generated full scale planets and I need somehow to turn my procedural generated height map into normal map to achieve relief mountains like on the image below.

k290.jpg

But if it is possible to generate entire noise using Amplify Shader Editor, it would be even better!

Thanks.

22. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey Trev,
    Concerning the Unity version, we're not locking ASE to v5.5. You can use it down to 5.4.0.
    This issue is really quite odd. ASE is automatically getting the pathname to the AmplifyShaderEditor folder through its GUID and it should be returning AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/EditorResources/GUISkins/ instead of only /Plugins/EditorResources/GUISkins/.
    I've tried to replicate the issue on my end but without success on both unity v5.4.0, v5.4.2 and v5.4.3
    Can you let me know your sequence of actions so I can try to nail down what might be happening?
    Also, are you on Windows or Mac?

Hey Artaani, thank you so much for your interest.
    Unfortunately we have neither, although Grayscale to Normal Map could be already created by a combination of already existing nodes.
    We have a Simplex Noise node but needs to be heavily revised since it shows some nasty artifacts.
    But we would gladly put those suggestions on our roadmap and implement them on a future release.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  23. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Sure, I'm a Windows user.
    1. I first created a new project in Unity with nothing in it.
    2. I then dragged in both packages (samples and plugin) simultaneously, it only imported the samples
    3. Then dragged in the plugin that I downloaded from your site.
    4. Right clicked to create a new Amplify Surface Shader and then it got very upset.
    Interestingly enough, I've just deleted it in that same project and re-imported only the plugin and it's working fine. Obviously needs to be done in a specific order!

Cheers - Trev

24. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Oh my, didn't even thought on testing it this way.

Cool, I tried it and it broke.

Will be fixed on our update.

25. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Cool, normally I wouldn't do that, was just feeling lazy!

Trev

26. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Eheh I'm really glad you did it, honestly!
    Didn't see that coming.
    The issue was on how we were exporting the samples package. Already figured out what we did wrong and I am uploading a new fixed samples pack to our website as we speak.

EDIT: New fixed samples package is already available. Apart of the fix, this package is similar to the previous one, so there's no need to download it for those who already have it.

27. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Is there a node to split up a vector into individual channels, ie, input a vector and it outputs x, y, z, w individually? At the moment I plug a Vec4 into a Multiply and I lose the ability to play with the channels individually. I'm sure you've got something for this, just need to know what it's called.

Thanks - Trev

28. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Yes, it's called Break To Components.

scrivvysolutions likes this.
  29. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Perfect - thank you!

30. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Break to Components seems to be broken, it creates a variable called "temp_output_5_0" which is never declared in the shader output file at a global or local level.

It also seems to trigger the creation of multiple temp_cast_# float4's which are never used.

void vertexDataFunc( inout appdata vertexData )
    {
    float4 temp_cast_0 = _DisplacementAmount;
    float4 temp_cast_1 = _DisplacementAmount;
    float4 temp_cast_2 = _DisplacementAmount;
    float4 temp_cast_3 = _DisplacementAmount;
    vertexData.vertex.xyz += ( temp_output_5_0 - float4( float3( temp_output_5_0.x , ( temp_output_5_0.y / 2.0 ) , temp_output_5_0.z ) , 0.0 ) );
    }

I can correct it manually but I thought I'd let you know...

Trev

31. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Is it possible for you to share the shader/ a shot of your graph?

32. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Certainly, where do I send it?

Trev

33. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Can you send it to support@amplify.pt please?
    I'll take a look at it as soon as it reaches our inbox.

34. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

You have mail!

Cheers - Trev

35. scrivvysolutions

scrivvysolutions

Just want to say, problem fixed thanks to the support team at Amplify. Excellent customer service!

Many Thanks - Trev

36. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Really glad we could fix the issues you were having!

We will be uploading a new build to our website with these fixes soon.

scrivvysolutions likes this.
  37. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys.

We just uploaded a new version into our download area.

Here are the release notes:

Release Notes v0.3.0 dev 001:
    • Fixed issue on where deprecated nodes needed to be available to be replaced by their replacement type
    • Fixed issues on all conditional nodes
    • Fixed issue on local variable creations on vertex shader
    • Fixed issue on 'Commentary' node
    • Amplify Texture dependency is dynamically set through asset guid
    • Texture Sampler will quietly ignore virtual object if AT is not found in project and will not generate a broken shader
    • Deprecated nodes are automatically excluded from the palette
    • Updated version in all samples
    • Optimized 'Multiply' and 'Divide' nodes
    • Added Edge Length based tessellation
    • Added Fixed Amount based tessellation
    As you may notice from the version number, this is our first official Beta 3 build.

We also submitted this new build to the Unity Asset Store along with a new increased price.

Since the approval process is usually fairly quick, now is the time to purchase ASE if want to take advantage of its current price.

Please let us know if you have any issues with this build and happy shader creations!

nipoco likes this.
  38. wdw8903

wdw8903

Hi, I want to use detail albedo map, and standard shader use unity_ColorSpaceDouble.rgb to multiply with detail albedo. I try to multiply with 2 in amplify which is not the same effect with standard shader. So I have to modify the code in the end. If amplify will support the unity_ColorSpaceDouble will be great.

39. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Sure, no problem at all! We'll create a node for it and will be available on our next build.

nipoco and wdw8903 like this.
  40. wdw8903

wdw8903

Great, I think the node can be a simple "unity_ColorSpaceDouble" node or a "Detail Albedo Blend" node with following modes "DETAIL_MULX2, DETAIL_MUL, DETAIL_ADD, DETAIL_LERP", which come from UnityStandardInput.

#if _DETAIL_MULX2
    albedo *= LerpWhiteTo (detailAlbedo * unity_ColorSpaceDouble.rgb, mask);
    #elif _DETAIL_MUL
    albedo *= LerpWhiteTo (detailAlbedo, mask);
    #elif _DETAIL_ADD
    albedo += detailAlbedo * mask;
    #elif _DETAIL_LERP
    albedo = lerp (albedo, detailAlbedo, mask);
    #endif

41. Seith

Seith

Hi, I just have a (probably) silly question: how do I create a variable with a range slider, instead of just a float? :)

42. spaceemotion

spaceemotion

Simply set its type to Property and Define a Minimum and Maximum number - it will automatically display a slider instead.

43. Seith

Seith

Of course! Silly me. Thank you! :)

44. All4thlulz

All4thlulz

Just letting you know this appears to still be an issue with your current build on the asset store. The asset store import fails on windows 10, Unity 5.4.3f1 (64bit) and 5.5.0f3 (64bit) for me.

Importing from the website works fine.

45. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey All4thlulz,

Thank you so much for reporting this issue.
    Which version did you download from the Asset Store? We recently updated the store build to v0.3.0 dev 001 and it got live some hours ago.

It's quite odd because this build is the same as the one on our website on which this issue was already solved.

Looking forward to your feedback.

46. All4thlulz

All4thlulz

Sorry for not being clearer. It is the v0.3.0 dev 001 build that I found this issue with on the asset store. I also find it weird that the website build imports fine and the unity store does not. I'll share a screenshot of my testing around the time I posted.

Amplify Shader Import Testing.PNG
    This is four different empty projects with just the Amplify Shader asset imported. Two on the left are from the asset store and the two on the right are from the website download. All running the latest v0.3.0 dev 001. Unity versions are in the project title names (in order left to right: 5.4.3f1, 5.5.0f3, 5.4.3f1, 5.5.0f3).

To further check I opened a new project on my windows 7 machine and the same errors appear.
    Windows7AmplifyShaderImportTest.JPG

47. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Thanks for the additional info, we were already able to replicate it!

We are fixing the issue and will submit a new version to the store asap.

EDIT: We just submitted a new version to the Asset Store with this issue solved. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

EDIT2: Until then please use only the ASE version located at our website

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  48. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hi guys,

Just received confirmation that our fixed version is already live at the Unity Asset Store.

Already did some tests on our end and everything seems to be working now.

Please let us know if you come across any issue or your end.

antoripa likes this.
  49. antoripa

antoripa

Excellent support .. I am just going to use your asset.
    Thanks

50. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hi guys,

Thank you much antoripa for such kind words!

We've recently uploaded a new build into our download area.

Here are the release notes.

Release Notes v0.3.0 dev 002:
    • Updated POM to clip edges using a tilling parameter
    • Updated the sand POM example and its height texture
    • Updated Water sample
    • 'Vertex NormalWorld', 'World Position' and 'View Dir' nodes now also output into vertex offset correctly
    • All editor resources are loaded via their own guid
    • Added Tessellation port into master node to be able to create custom Tessellation behaviors
      • Tessellation parameters ( excluding Phong ) on Master Node Properties will be deactivated if its port is being used
      • Created Nodes for each of the builtin Tessellation functions
        • Distance-base Tessellation
        • Edge Length Tessellation
        • Edge Length Tessellation with Cull
    • Fixed issues with not creating local variable correctly if graph is shared between vertex and frag ports
    • Fixed issue with local variables created on automatic casting not taking port category into account
    • Fixed node width issue regarding its header title size

This will be our last build of 2016. Here's to a 2017 full of awesome shaders creations!
    Happy Holidays everyone!