Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Was there any change on your side regarding Unity version or renderer used?

Are you trying to do this? (paste into canvas)
    http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/e30b7ef7

Hair shading is a hard problem to solve, it really depends of how far you intend to take it. If you want to keep using Cutout, I recommend using a Dithering pattern to attenuate the harshness; this is a common approach to this type of shader.

Try this as a starting point(paste into canvas): http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/982c5c6f

Alternatively, you can always set the Blend Mode to Transparent.

This seems that it could be a conflict with another script that's not in its correct namespace; can you replicate the issue in a new empty project? If so, what's your current Unity version?

Thanks!

2. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We've uploaded a new build into our website.
    Here are the release notes.

Release Notes v1.7.7 rev 05:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed issues when reading shader over updated template
      • Fixed 'Light Attenuation' issue on URP 7.2.X which was causing rendering errors
    • Improvements:
      • World position dependent nodes will now take vertex offset into account over default Unlit and URP templates
      • Improved Diffusion Profile support in HDRP 7.2.X

Happy shader creations!

3. diohellfire

diohellfire

Thanks!
    Solved!

Amplify_Ricardo likes this.
  4. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey everyone,

Just uploaded a new build into our website.

Here are the release notes:
    Release Notes v1.7.7 rev 06:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed POM node texture array sampling in LW/URP
      • Fixed issue with light attenuation node not taking into account vertex offset in URP templates
    • Improvements:
      • Added extra pre pass option for LW and URP that allows for custom outline passes
      • World position dependent nodes will now take vertex offset into account over LW templates

Also we'll be hosting a stream today at 5PM GMT over our youtube channel. We'll be continuing on showing how to do custom lighting, more specifically toon shading with outline over Lightweight RP.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and happy shader creations!

5. MMeyers23

MMeyers23

Hi, I just purchased ASE and installed from the asset store in a new project file, universal render pipeline using Unity 2019.30f3. So far I just went to add new Amplify Surface Shader, created a new material from it, and both the material and shader preview show a pink circle. I get a bunch (54 to be exact) of compilation errors as well.
    for example:
    Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _GrabTexture (type 3 count 1)
    UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset(Object, Object[], String)
    and
    Shader warning in 'Paint1G_WAnim_Shader': Output value 'vert' is not completely initialized at Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Editor/ShaderGraph/Includes/PBRForwardPass.hlsl(18) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with FOG_EXP2 _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _SHADOWS_SOFT _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS _ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

Have I installed this thing wrong? Thanks.

6. MMeyers23

MMeyers23

...it appears the universal, legacy and deprecated shader types work properly. Need help getting the standard surface shader functioning.

7. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I have near complete shaders for hair and eyes you can look at for reference. For eyes, you will need a Parallax Map to simulate depth in the eyes, two normal maps (one for the Iris fibers, and another for the sclera).

In my setup, I also have a special mask that allows me to color the sclera and iris independently.

As for hair, I'm still trying to get the shading models correct. One of the guys on the Amplify team helped me set up a shader function for hair lighting, mainly for Kajiya-Kay and Marschner. I'm also missing a depth map for the hair. I'm in the process of moving and need to update my Unity projects so I can test the current version.

A small warning, I'm using HDRP for my eyes and hair.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I feel like I've taken from the community more than I've given. Messing around today I made a height based blend shader with displacement. What you're looking at is a single quad with tessellation applied and two diffuse maps blended by two height maps.

upload_2020-2-21_13-54-5.png

Here's the graph. Have fun!
    upload_2020-2-21_13-56-31.png

KRGraphics and hopeful like this.
  9. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

10. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

So I have finally updated my copy of Unity and ASE and I am still getting shader errors. Trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the error so I can get back to work...

upload_2020-2-22_11-38-35.png

11. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'm back in business... just had to install ASE from the Asset Store and update my shaders... I see you guys have added a fabric shader... but unfortunately, Subsurface Scattering has stopped working and a lot of options have changed...

Here is how my hair looks now with the new set up. I am using HDRP for my project... and the skin is now black... I think I forgot to set the diffusion profile for ASE

upload_2020-2-22_14-21-26.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  12. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

And now I am down again... everything is blank again...
    upload_2020-2-22_14-41-24.png

13. jvetulani

jvetulani

Hi!
    Trying out ASE with the Universal Render Pipeline on Unity 2019.3 and I noticed I can't use the time node at all - it just produces a sine like time and when I add it to my texture coordinate it scrolls back and forth instead of moving in a direction. It works fine when I use the panner node tho, but the minute I connect the time node into the panner node I get the sine like motion again.

14. o1o101

o1o101

Hi guys, anyway to disable specular highlights in URP for perf improvments? Similar to the Specular Highlight toggle on built in.

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there,

As we mentioned in our email, Standard Surface shaders are not meant to be used with any of the SRP's available. You can still take advantage of most of those Standard samples in URP by going into the shader and changing its type to URP; some samples might require some tinkering due to renderer differences.

Thanks for sharing it, we really appreciate it!

If you have not already, be sure to join our Discord; it's a great place for sharing and seeing other user examples.

You can also share a node network using our link button on the top right side: https://twitter.com/AmplifyCreates/status/1142148045850730496?s=20

Hello there!

We would be happy to help, there could be some serious differences since you last updated. What's your current Unity and HD version?

If possible, we would be happy to examine a sample. (support@amplify.pt)

We've actually already fixed this problem, please update to the latest ASE version directly from our website; the Asset Store version will be updated soon.

We currently don't add an option for that but it's something that we can include in future updates. Until then, be sure to use the following: http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/c42c8659 (paste into canvas)

Thanks!

16. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'm on Unity 2019.3 with the HDRP version 7.2... I also noticed that Subsurface Scattering is not available with the latest version of your shader editor.

17. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

So with a fresh scene, the standard Shader works...

upload_2020-2-24_8-1-17.png

Here is my KRGraphics Standard

upload_2020-2-24_8-4-6.png

But no HDRP shaders... and no ASE tools are showing up even though they are installed.

upload_2020-2-24_8-5-8.png

18. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

I hope you got the latest version from our site, we just added support for 7.2.

SSS in which shader?

Has the faulty shader been saved using the latest ASE version?
    Are new HD ASE shaders working?

We should probably test a sample on our side; which HD version did you upgrade from?

19. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I had a super old version of the HDRP and just updated to 7.2.1. I also had a version of my own skin shader that is now a legacy shader... Haven't opened this project since May 2019. I'll send a sample scene with all of my shaders

20. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks, we will check it out!

21. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Even in fresh projects I'm getting errors :(

22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

With the version from our website?
    What errors are you seeing? There's probably going to be a few if you import the Standard Surface samples, but you can disregard those.

Update 1

Seems that most of the issues were due to the recent changes in HD and ASE. Updating the shader type and setting a Diffusion Profile seems to do the trick.

Looking forward to confirmation on the steps I shared via PM.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  23. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Finally got my hair updated... the next steps are to get the hairs to render with depth and root details... I even got the hair onto a static switch which will allow me to change lighting models to suit my needs.

The final shading model I need is Marschner and that will be a challenge

Kajiya-Kay
    upload_2020-2-24_21-23-3.png

Scheuermann
    upload_2020-2-24_21-24-39.png

24. o1o101

o1o101

Hi, thanks! Forgive my ignorance but I am unsure where to plug this toggle in, I still planned on having smoothness, just not the specular highlights. I am using the metallic workflow not the smoothness.

Cheers

25. jvetulani

jvetulani

26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Anywhere you can, I just used the albedo there.

Great!

27. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

@Amplify_Ricardo So I managed to pin point the errors I kept getting and it was due to my anti-virus software blocking scripts from running (very odd). So disabling it during launch helped a ton.

28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Interesting, never came across that one.

29. m0og0o

m0og0o

Hi, not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I was wondering if it was possible to sample a texture, similar to GetPixel() ( https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Texture2D.GetPixel.html )? As far as I saw, Shader editor only pulls UVs from the assigned mesh, and I can't 'generate new uvs' on the fly, so to speak.

I don't want to use the model UVs, instead, have a texture sheet color swatch that I can pull colors from using a vector2 to specify the pixel. (So I can iterate quickly on a color and have any material referencing that color swatch auto update without having to set each material.)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  30. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

You have quite a few ways to control how the texture/color is applied, this will ultimately depend on your requirements. I suppose you could set specific UV coordinates so that each material would use a specific color but I think we need additional details to best assist; please elaborate.

31. bobi_z_nairobi

bobi_z_nairobi

Hi!
    I am using amplify shader 1.7.7, and unity 2018.4.12f1 with lightweright rendering pipeline.
    Can I create a shader without specular highlights? I know I can do this in standard shader, but cant find that option in LWRP. It is possible to toggle that option in LWRP/lit shader.

32. freeman08

freeman08

Hi,

Is it possible to create a shader that assigns a different diffuse color to each polygon of a given mesh?
    Colors should not be entirely random but rather the shader should pick a random color from a set of pre defined colors from either a script or stored within the shader itself.

Thank you

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

I believe so, paste this into your canvas: http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/c42c8659 (try it on the albedo)

That's going to really depend on how you have it set up on your side; we'd need some way to identify what you want to manipulate with the shader. On stylized flat color shaders, this is commonly done by placing your model uv's in pre-determined areas; you could then manipulate that to tint each polygon/group.

I suppose a script could simplify the process, depending on how it's used.

Please do elaborate, we would be happy to assist.

34. freeman08

freeman08

I've attached a zip file with some test assets. (1 fbx and 2 textures)

The fbx has two uv channels, The first one is used for the color.jpg and plugged directly into the Albedo channel, the second uv channel is used for the emissionType.tif.
    Our idea is that depending on the sampled color from the emissionType.tif from the secondary uv set we pick either a random color from a look up or if the sampled color is pure black we use black, if the sampled color is pure white we use white and multiply this color with the color.jpg and feed it into the Emission channel.
    The random color could also be pure black or pure white.

Here's the shader that I've built so far:
    http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/44f21acb

The idea is basically that we can have the same building multiple times in the scene but emission will always be a little bit different.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

35. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Maybe a pseudo-random value based on World Position? http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/824bac1e
    Our Substance 2018 sample does something along those lines.

36. freeman08

freeman08

thx I'll have a look at this Sample

37. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

Just uploaded a new build into both our website and Unity Asset Store.
    Here are the release notes.

Release Notes v1.7.8 rev 00:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed issues with 'Function Switch' node incorrectly displaying reference nodes and not properly ordering when in Reference mode
    Happy shader creations!

38. Dmitry-Pyalov

Dmitry-Pyalov

Is there a way to generate CBUFFERs for a custom SRP?

39. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Not really sure how that stands, it's a bit beyond the scope of our editor at the moment. I believe LWRP supported it, but it's probably best to ask in the official forum section.

-Scratch that, I misinterpreted your question; answer bellow.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  40. Dmitry-Pyalov

Dmitry-Pyalov

What I mean is that ASE has code that generates CBUFFER sections in Shader if it thinks that shader is built for LWRP/URP or HDRP. The ASE code is simple - it checks for "RenderPipeline" tag value and compares it with a predefined set of known pipelines.

But there is no option to tell ASE that your shader is for custom SRP - you have to pretend being "LightweightPipeline" or one of the predefined values. Or you don't get SRP batching support. A simple /*ase_*/ comment would be great for such things.

41. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

My apologies, I misinterpreted your previous question.

Just got some input from one of our main ASE developers. The broader point here is that Amplify Shader Editor does not currently support custom SRP's. We generate different code for each supported SRP, we have no way of handling that same code generation process for an unknown SRP, there's no way around tricking it into thinking it's using LW or HD.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to elaborate.

42. Dmitry-Pyalov

Dmitry-Pyalov

OK. Understood.
    ASE is still the best!

43. startrip

startrip

Hello.
    I want outlines for my shader.
    I sucsecced to keep the thickness of outline by distance between the camera and the the object.
    But I can't make it possible by camera FOV.
    Can amplify shaeder use camera FOV with some nodes?
    shader type is surface(not URP)
    Please give me the solves. 20200228_094646.png

44. startrip

startrip

20200228_130243.png
    I found solution!
    Thank you!

45. mxbrunner

mxbrunner

Hey, about the "component mask" node, when I use it to extract a color's alpha value, the node preview is always black, even if the alpha content clearly isn't all 0. I would expect it to contain black/grey/white depending on the alpha values. Is this a bug or is my expectation just wrong? It works as I expect when I use the "break to components" node, which I now always use instead in these situations, even if it is much less appropriate node layout wise. I'm on a custom Unity version based on Unity 5.6.6f2 and using Amplify Shader Editor version 1.7.7r6.
    ASEComponentMaskAlpha.png

46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, this seems like a bug; I will pass it on to one of the devs in order to confirm what's happening here. Just to confirm if this is strictly a preview issue, you can see the output of the Texture Sample node using a Relay node, and on the actual material?

Thanks!

47. qwerh337

qwerh337

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm slowly working on the "SimpleTerrainAddPass"landscape Shader. I wanted to add the possibility of texturing on masks, with the ability to draw on them. Is this possible?

48. KenneyWings

KenneyWings

Is it possible to use multiple Outline nodes? The documentation says that you should be able to 'add' them together but this just grabs the B outline input.

The type of effect I'm trying to achieve;

49. MudPuppet

MudPuppet

Hello, I was hoping to utilise the Xray shader today so that I can see my player character through walls. I am looking into a variety of solutions found on the net but had hoped that I could utilise the example Xray shader until I get much further along in my project.

The only issue I am having with it is that the player character is made of multiple meshes which means that the Xray shader is basically showing arms through legs etc the whole time. If it was just a single mesh I would be okay.

I am not very proficient with ASE and had been wondering about perhaps some kind of distance falloff value(?). I searched through this forum and found an Xray shader post which had something like that so I implemented it as best as I could but was still unable to achieve the desired end result.

Could anyone shed some light on this situation? I only went off an image of a shader graph for distance falloff so perhaps the reason it failed was because I could not see individual node settings.

Any assistance much appreciated.

50. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Can you elaborate? By default, that's what the terrain shader is doing; it's taking in what you paint with the terrain tool and using the created control splat texture(1 painted mask per-channel.

I'm afraid not, that's so that you can make use of the Outline node but also have a Vertex sub-graph for other operations.

Can you show us what you got so far? An example of what you're trying to achieve would also help.

Thanks!