Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

We had to remove that feature for internal reasons but rest assured we'll re-add it via a custom attribute on a future build.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Nirvan likes this.
  2. ChefoMR

ChefoMR

Hey guys, I'm building a project using HDRP and I was wondering how I could convert the official example shader for UV Light (reveals hidden textures) to an HDRP shader. Currently the material is pink in my scene.

3. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Unfortunately this sample cannot be converted to HDRP as it uses nodes incompatible with it. Because of how Unity is doing its light calculations over that pipeline, it's not viable to get access to certain data like light attenuation, which is required by that sample.

4. Lockthav

Lockthav

I'm not able to create a custom template with 2 SubShaders.

How to reproduce:
    - Open default Unlint template (AmplifyShaderEditor\Plugins\EditorResources\Templates\Unlit.shader)
    - Duplicate SubShader section.
    - Change the pass name to anything else.
    - Try to compile a shader using the Unlit template.

An error will show up:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    AmplifyShaderEditor.TemplatePassSelectorHelper.IsVisible (System.Int32 passId) (at Assets/_Models/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Templates/TemplatePassSelectorHelper.cs:166)
    AmplifyShaderEditor.TemplateMultiPassMasterNode.BuildShaderBody (AmplifyShaderEditor.MasterNodeDataCollector inDataCollector, AmplifyShaderEditor.MasterNodeDataCollector& outDataCollector) (at Assets/_Models/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Templates/TemplateMultiPassMasterNode.cs:1726)

Seems like that
    IsVisible()
    method is trying to fetch
    m_currentPasses
    using SubShader index.

Amplify version: 1.7.4

Thanks!

5. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Thank you for reporting this issue. We already have it registered over our bug tracker and will let you know when it is fixed.

Lockthav likes this.
  6. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Just uploaded a new build into both our website and Unity Asset Store
    Here are the release notes:

Release Notes v1.7.5 rev 00:
    • New Nodes:
      • Inverse Projection Matrix
      • Inverse View Projection Matrix
    • New Shader Functions:
      • Noise Sine Wave
        • Creates a sine wave from a given input with an added pseudo-random value
      • Sawtooth Wave
        • Creates a sawtooth wave from a given input
      • Square Wave
        • Creates a square wave from a given input
      • Triangle Wave
        • Creates a triangle wave from a given input
      • Checkerboard
        • Created a checkerboard pattern with given colors where Frequency controls its tiling
      • Ellipse
        • Creates an ellipse based on given uv and dimensions
      • Polygon
        • Creates a polygon shape with a specified amount of sides
      • Rectangle
        • Creates a rectangle shape with a specified size
      • Rounded Rectangle
        • Creates a round rectangle shape from a given size and radius
    • Improvements:
      • Added new Smooth toggle option to 'Voronoi' node
        • Only available under the Cells Method
      • Improved selection box inside the editor graph to match Unity's and not be version dependent
      • Ported terrain sample to Universal Rendering Pipeline
        • Packed inside Examples > Universal SRP Samples.unitypackage
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed multiple issues regarding using instanced properties over 'Outline' node
      • Fixed hard-crash when modifying pass amount over template (API)
      • Fixed Native Directives display over Templates in Unity 2019.3
      • Fixed GPU instancing on Particles Alpha Blended template
      • Removed Clip from From option over 'Transform Position' and 'Transform Direction' nodes
        • Transform matrix was incorrect and there's no viable replacement over those nodes context

laessnb likes this.
  7. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

I'm trying to create a material where part of it is emissive. I've attached a pic of what I currently have and I'm hoping someone can point out my mistake.

Attached Files:

8. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

From what you shared, everything seems to be set correctly. What specifically is the issue you're having?

9. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

I see no difference in intensity when I change the intensity value.

10. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

You should set the Type of the EmissiveIntensity node to Property and save the shader. This way a material property will be created.
    After that you can change its value on ASE and immediately see its effect on the object using the material.

11. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

Yes, thank you, that worked. What happened to Amplify Bloom?

12. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Awesome!

Unfortunately, we had to retire our image effects. You can read more about it in the official Bloom thread.

13. TitoOliveira

TitoOliveira

Hi, need a little assitance for a dissolve effect.
    I'm currently making this shader for a particle effect:

upload_2019-12-12_15-45-20.png

I really like the way it is looking right now, but i want to achieve an effect where the edges of the dissolve are not hard like it happens with the Clip.

Any tips on how to achieve the same thing with a control for the softness of the edges?

14. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

If you want that hard edge to disappear you should then use regular alpha blend.
    Set your Blend Mode to Transparent, calculate your final alpha based both on the Vertex Color alpha channel and your Texture channels and plug in the result over the Opacity port.
    From the screenshot you sent, I noticed that you are using the texture's green to set when to dissolve, so besides the Alpha channel, you should also use the Green channel to calculate the final alpha. Perhaps multiplying all these channels together should suffice.

15. TitoOliveira

TitoOliveira

The problem with multiplying them all together is that we never get the transition between the original alpha and the dissolve alpha (the transition between the alpha and the green channel).
    What i'm doing now is this

The remap node is remaping minimum value from 0 to -3. This kinda "overexposes" the dissolve texture, but the effect doesn't transition linearly. It looks good enough for now, and i can compensate the non linearity with the vertex alpha on the particles.

Amplify_RnD_Rick likes this.
  16. corjn

corjn

Hi,

I made a test project with the newly out of preview HDRP on unity 2019.3. The SRP seems to become a replacement for the standard pipline in unity. I have some questions about it, i'm hesitating to make the switch :

-Do you plan to support all the custom lightning nodes for HDRP ? Is that even possible right now to access light infos in the HDRP api ? Or should we wait for unity to support that ? (i'm aksing because that way it means I can maybe make a custom node for amplify or shader graph)
    If yes, it would be awesome for the light nodes to be compatible with all the HDRP's templates (Lit / Subsurface / anisotropy, etc.).

-Do you plan to support custom post processing in HDRP, like you did with the standard pipeline ?

-Do you plan to make, like shader graph did, an hair and eye template ?

Thanks in advance for you time and help : )

Jonathan

17. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

We would like to, but as for right now this isn't possible. Like I previously mentioned, because of how Unity is doing its light calculations over that pipeline, it's not viable to get access to certain data like light attenuation.
    Before they had different passes that dealt with directional and point/spotlights, they now calculate the final lighting for each fragment inside inside a loop which makes really hard to get that.

Yes, we already started investigating how to create a tool similar to our PPSv2 but to HDRP.

It is definitely on our plans, we already started working on a Fabric template and as soon as it is done we'll jump into the others missing templates.

Also I would like to remember you guys that our office will be closed during the holiday season starting today 13th of December until the 2nd of January and we won't be able to provide customer support on any of our platforms (forum/email/discord) during this time period.

We would like to thank all of you guys for being such an amazing community and wish you a great holiday season and awesome new year!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    laessnb, corjn and SugoiDev like this.
  18. Dawesign

Dawesign

Hi!

First of all thanks for the great product and the support you guys provide!
    I've been stuck on a challenge for over a day now:

I want to achieve a foliage shader that fades out quads as they get perpendicular with the camera. This is a technique used in the game "The Witness" and has since been discussed on many forums but it seems no one has done it with an shader editor or the Amplify Shader Editor for that matter, yet.

What I've managed to set up so far is this:

The current result is this:

As you can see the more the edge of a quad is turned towards the camera the darker it gets. That value will later determine the transparency of the texture. So far so good. Now for some reason that doesn't work for any other camera angle. It must have to do something with the normals. I edited them so that they point outward from the tree to achieve better lighting like so:

So what I've described earlier must take the blue x axis of each normal into account. Meaning if that axis of the normal is pointed towards the camera, it will fade out (get dark in debug mode as shown above). At least that's what I understand.
    Now if I look at the tree from another angle, the effect I want is gone:

Any idea how I can achieve that effect for any camera position / view direction?
    A few (potential) keywords I picked up in different forums are: Tangents and the Face node.
    I'm super new to Shader editing and am probably in way over my head but I really want to figure it out.
    I know this is super specific but since it's hard for me to say if there is an easy solution or not I figured I'd just ask!

Thanks for reading and any help!

19. verteom

verteom

Hi~ I am beginner to learn how to use Amplify~ I got a problem when I upgrade my project to LWRP, I used the example -- CustomLightingToon , but shaders shows pink~ How should I fix it?

Like this:

Attached Files:

• 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  20. Nirvan

Nirvan

Is there some node like "Light Attenuation" from custom lighting but does something similar in standard Light Model?
    I want to create some effect on walls etc when Light is stronger.

21. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

I'm trying to make a shader that outlines objects if they are lit up enough.
    How can I get outlines that appear only within my lights?

With a directional light, I get outlines on my whole scene however with a point light, I never get any outlines.
    It's as if point lights are not considered in the light color/light attenuation nodes but the documentation says otherwise.
    http://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Light_Attenuation
    http://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Light_Color

upload_2019-12-13_16-35-21.png

22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Greetings everyone!

It's that time of the year where we all take some time off to be with our loved ones and recharge our batteries. We're usually around, more or less, but this year we've decided to officially shutdown until the 2nd of January. We apologize for any inconvenience caused but rest assured that we will be back on the 3rd at full force.

Please submit support requests directly to support@amplify.pt so that we can go through them when we return, we wont be able to monitor the Discord channel and official Unity Forum threads during December.

Happy holidays!

23. ayk

ayk

Hi there, I'm using a Surface Pro 6 with the keyboard attachment and can't pan the canvas with the arrow keys. Panning left and right with the left and right arrows works, but it doesn't pan when pressing the up and down arrows. Could we perhaps get an option to pan by holding down Alt or Control and left-click dragging? That would make panning with the stylus or trackpad much easier.

24. SteenPetersen

SteenPetersen

Hi I am just getting started with amplify shader and although I have been through all the getting started guides I did'nt really find anything that can do this: (dissolving based on UV texture coordinate y).

I am guessing that it is something rather simple but I would appreciate any help I could get. thanks.

EDIT

I have it sorta working but this is not really what he does. I made it work through using an extra texture. which should be possible to avoid as I should be able to simply clip based on the y position on the UV coordinate.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  25. KenneyWings

KenneyWings

Looking for help on a triplanar; I'm using the standard "Triplanar Sampler" but I don't want the textures to blend (left image) but instead have hard edges (right image). Any ideas?

26. themdubs

themdubs

Is it possible to do a multi-pass template with a surface shader as the base/main pass? I didn't see any examples of this anywhere so I'm not sure if its even possible with ASE. I'm wanting some additional unlit passes that will be used given certain cases but for the typical pass I still want the POWER of the surface shader. Particularly being able to use a custom lighting function.

27. cyuxi

cyuxi

28. KenneyWings

KenneyWings

29. cyuxi

cyuxi

Ahh, sorry that I actually have never use that node before.. but in fact the general idea is simple so I just made one instead. You can take a look at the attached shader. Feel free to tweak and extend. The sharpness of edge is simply based on Pow( Normal , sharpness).
    Triplanar_snap.jpg

Attached Files:

30. KenneyWings

KenneyWings

Hey that's amazing, thanks for the help on this! I just need to make the scale of the texture uniform so it isn't affected by the scale of the object anymore but I think that's an easy fix. Thanks for the help, really appreciated it!

31. andreadoria

andreadoria

Hello, i'm searching for support on a strange issue with Amplify. I have the last version and i'm using Unity 2019.3.0f1. In my project i need an xray shader on some of my objects. So i took the official example shader "Xray" that comes with the installation, and i modified it with a distance fallof. Nothing too fancy. Everything works as i need. I get far and the object fade out properly, but as more i get far from it, strange black dots appear on my "hidden" objects, as you can see from the pictures.

If i disable AA it gets more and more evident

and this is the shader

Anybody has any knowledge to understand what's the issue here? I'm struggling to get rid of those black dots, because at a distance they "reveal" where the object is, and i don't want that. Thank you in advance if somebody can help.

32. startrip

startrip

Hallo!
    I want to use Depth Fade Node.
    It's looks god.
    butwhen I switched platform to mobile,
    it was broke tha looks.(looks like distance fade.)
    It's not occured in URP/LWRP settings.
    Just occured in legacy pipeline.
    Is there a solution?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

33. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I'm having some problem getting a cutout shader to work with the progressive lightmapper using the built-in render pipeline in Unity 2018.4.12.

Here's the result I'm looking for (using standard cutout material):

Here's the result I'm getting with an amplify shader editor shader:

Here's my shader:

I've tried enabling "Double Sided Global Illumination" in the material, but it doesn't make a difference.

34. MagicCancel

MagicCancel

Hiya, I could use some assistance with figuring out how to get some maps for the post process layer. I need to be able to get the normal map and the depth map from the post process layer of the scene in front of the camera. I know how to do these on the surface shader for individual objects on screen, but I need this in the post process layer. Trying to use the same nodes that I do in the surface shader on the post process stack results in a black screen. Does anyone have a clue into how to do this?

35. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

I am having trouble figuring out this error or getting help for it. The shaders that I am having difficulty with were created with Amplifier Shader Editor so I thought that I would try here. The shaders are by Synty studios. The shaders themselves have 7-10 errors about failing to open source files such as 'HLSLSupport.cginc' and 'UnityPBSLighting.cginc'. I also get a console error:

"Shader error in 'SyntyStudios/Moss': failed to open source file: 'VS_indirect.cginc' at line 27 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER SHADOWS_DEPTH UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING"

This appears to be something specific in this project because the same shaders work in a clean project even with Vegetation Studio (where VS_indirect.cginc appears to be from). No other shaders in the project appear to have errors. Can anyone help me with this issue please? Thanks in advance.

Edit: The console error only shows up when a scene is loaded with those shaders. The shader errors are present whether or not the scene is loaded.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  36. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

Hope you all had a great holiday season and stepped into 2020 with your right foot!

Here at Amplify we're back at the office and will be catching up on all that have been written on all our support channels and will answer everything as soon as we can.

What seems to be wrong with the graph you shared is that you're using Vertex Normal instead of World Normal.
    You want to calculate the angle between the View Dir in world space and the object's normal, also in world Space, so its just a matter of replacing the Vertex Normal node by a World Normal node.
    Also, add a Saturate node after the Dot to cap the results to a 0 to 1 range. Something like this:

We noticed that you also sent an email on which we answered before seeing this post. We'll wait for your additional information over there.

Unfortunately no. In order for we to get that information we need to be using custom lighting so this node is bound to the Custom Lighting Light Model.
    What you can do is, in Custom Lighting, use the Standard Surface Light node which takes care of calculating the lighting for you. This way you can use the Light Attenuation node under the Standard Surface light model.

Unfortunately right now, when on Standard Surface Shader Type, the Light Attenuation node can only be used over a sub-graph that is connected to the Master Node's Custom Lighting port.

The Outline node ( which must be connected to a vertex port ) creates a separate simpler surface subshader to create the outline effect which does not have access to the info required to calculate light attenuation.
    Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  37. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Oh I see. It doesn't pan with the up and down arrow because they are assigned to something else over the Surface Pro?
    Does the up/down arrow work over the node's context menu?
    I'm just trying to figure out it somehow the arrow keycodes over the Surface Pro environment.

For you to not require that additional texture you need to align all the object pieces over one the texture space axis when generating the texture coordinates over your modeling tool.
    You can see this over the video you sent on this timestamp where Sebastian shows the uv layout and each piece is aligned with the V axis.

Yes I can confirm that using the Falloff you wouldn't be able to get rid of that fade. Where you able to get your desired effect using @cyuxi suggestion.
    Also thank you @cyuxi for providing that solution.

EDIT: Don't worry guys, all unanswered posts will be answered as soon as possible

38. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

I managed to fix my issue. I had to delete Vegetation Studio and Synty Nature pack out of my project. I then reimported Synty first and then Vegetation Studio. I don't know why that worked but it did.

Amplify_RnD_Rick likes this.
  39. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Those look like precision issues.
    I tried to replicate that on my end and was unable to get those black dots at the distance.
    Those shots with the black dots were using the shader you shared but with the XRayColor set to Black?
    Also what is your current target platform? Is it Windows or maybe you are targeting mobile?

When targeting mobile, you usualy need to explicitely let Unity know that you need to use the depth texture.
    For that create a simple script like this one below a place it over your Camera game object:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. [ExecuteInEditMode]
    3. public class SetCameraDepth : MonoBehaviour
    4. {
    5.     private void Awake()
    6.     {
    7.         GetComponent<Camera>().depthTextureMode |= DepthTextureMode.Depth;
    8.     }
    9. }
    Unity is a bit picky when it comes to building lightmaps with alpha-cutout. The texture property which has the alpha clip information must be called _MainTex in order for the lightmapper to take it into account when doing the alpha clip.
    So the only thing you can either:
    • Rename that Texture Sample 0 to MainTex and ASE will automatically create a _MainTex property name
    • Go to the Texture Sample node properties, hit the Locker icon right next to the Property Name field and manually set it to _MainTex
    Regarding post-processing effects, those nodes should behave exactly the same as when creating a shader to a game object. Are you setting your camera depth texture mode to DepthTextureMode.DepthNormals?
    If so, are you using the Decode Depth Normal to get the decoded info from the Depth texture?
    EDIT: Are you creating a regular post-processing effect or a PPSv2 effect? Because in PPSv2 depth is only sampled correctly if the effect's PostProcessEvent is set to BeforeTransparent.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    SunnySunshine likes this.
  40. rubble1

rubble1

Hi,

Sorry in advance if this seems like a silly question.
    I created a shader for a planet atmosphere, which has a sort of "rim" effect around the planet, and once you go inside you'd be able to see the sky (it uses a distance node and wold position to determine if the inside should be visible or not, and a switch by face to manage the front and back faces). I'm fairly happy with it, except that when I switch the build settings to the android platform, I'm not able to see the backfaces.
    Is there something I'm missing?

upload_2020-1-4_19-57-51.png

I've tried shader models 3 and 4.
    I've got cull mode set to off
    Render Path set to all
    Blend mode set to "Transparent" (Render Type and Render Queue).
    As far as I can see, all the available platforms were checked on.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

41. SteenPetersen

SteenPetersen

Hi I did align it that way, Im just unsure how to access that information in amplify shader so as to use it for growing the element.

42. Gongshengke

Gongshengke

CH~UMRKR560B9$V$GHGL}~0.png
    In 1.75 I can't see the really result of the Distance Node...
    How can I see the really result of the distance Node like old version?(like picture below)
    %W`C)JI7I}FMM[78R_YE]@X.png

43. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Its not silly at all.
    I've did some tests using a Samsung A10 with Unity 2019.3 and our latest ASE version. Over the device both back and front faces appeared.
    I tried both the Vulkan and GL ES 3 API.
    This may either be something related to your project or the mobile device you are using.
    Is it possible for you to pack that scene you shared and send me to our support email (support@amplify.pt) so I can test the exact project conditions on my end?
    Also does this happens on multiple device types or only one?

One simple solution will be to use the Vertex TexCoord node, which has the texture coordinate data, along with the Clip node which conditionally discards pixels according to a certain threshold.

Something like this:

44. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

The preview seems to be properly working.
    The first shot appears all white because you are calculating the distance between the Vertex Position and (0,0,0).
    Over the second shot, on the other way ,you are calculating the distance between the Vertex Position and (0.5,0,-0.83) thus the results are different.

45. Gongshengke

Gongshengke

Thanks!! I'm stupid!!Haha!

46. Syne3

Syne3

Hi!
    I'm having a problem to which I feel I already found a solution once but for some reason cannot find again.
    Inputting just a Vector3(0.5, 0.5, 1) into the normal port, or an input color (128, 128, 255) for all that matters, gives my object a weird glossy reflection.
    Just as an example:
    upload_2020-1-7_22-41-40.png

47. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

No problem at all. Glad it was just a simple misunderstanding.

Just to first give you a bit of background, values that you set into the Normal port are in Tangent space and on a -1 to 1 range. That value is then internally transformed into world space using a tangent to world matrix, which is composed by the current world normal, world tangent and world binormal vectors.
    Because of this, the tangent value you set into the Normal port represents a deviation to the real normals set inside the mesh.
    Since you are placing a constant value, you are applying a constant deviation to each one the the sphere normal's , which by consequence affects the final calculated lighting value, resulting on the effect you've shown over that shot.
    Hope this helps.

48. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We've uploaded a new build into our website.

Here are the release notes.
    Release Notes v1.7.5 rev 01:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed 'Color Space Double' node issue in SRP
      • Fixed 'Texture Array' node ordering issue in the material inspector when on Reference mode
      • Fixed issue with references lost over 'Texture Sample' on shader functions
      • Small fixes and optimizations to the URP unlit template
      • Fixed texture fields not being modifiable on 'Texture Sample' nodes when ASE window was not focused
    • Improvements:
      • Updated 'Flow' shader function to make Strength a Vector2 input
      • Improved registered local variables usage on templates
      • Removed hard-code directives declaration on LWRP and added them as Port options on templates
    Happy shader creations!

49. Petit_Pois

Petit_Pois

Hello,
    I am trying to make a toon shader able to handle multiple lights, but have encountered two big, alternating issues.

First attempt: all directional lighting and point lights' colours are rendered as they should, but the latter's 'fallback' isn't.

Second attempt: point lights are rendered as they should, but directional shadows are pitch black despite the use of a pink-to-white toon ramp.

(I am using Amplify v1.7.5 in Unity 2019.3.01f, standard pipeline.)

I'm unsure of whether these are bugs or simply me being a noob :p though I do hope what I'm trying to do is possible.

50. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Hey all,

Is there any shared method now to link a shader with the unity Windzone asset or through an additional script to add to the Windzone asset? Either for Amplify foliage or cloth shaders? To have the wind bend in the direction of the windzone at its speeds.