Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Yes! I finally was able to replicate it over my end!
    The operation we are doing to nullify the objects native rotation isn't properly working on Lightweight.
    We are already working on a fix.

@BOXOPHOBIC what was happening on your end was that your objects were being dynamically batched. What happens there is that all objects are merged into a single mesh and transform operations like Object to World, which we use to remove the objects initial rotation over the Billboard node, will have information about that final mesh and not the individual objects.
    By setting the Disable Batching to true you were disabling dynamic batching thus it fixed the issue.

The problem over Lightweight is a bit different because even with a single object without dynamic batching, that Object to World operation over the Billboard node is failing when GPU Instancing is on.

2. joyrok

joyrok

Hey guys nothing I can seem to do makes any of amplify shaders to render :( I've tried various version of unity and LWRP and HDRP and importing the extras and assets but everything just renders pink shaders every time. I've made my own LWRP asset or HDRP asset or used the unity default scene etc etc and all still the same issues.

upload_2019-11-22_7-56-11.png

What must I be missing? Each time I import to a project nothing seems to render.

upload_2019-11-22_7-58-48.png

Another project, same problems :V

upload_2019-11-22_8-1-55.png

I'm having LWRP in the graphic settings :/

3. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Those samples are made for the Built-in rRenderer(Legacy), they won't work in HD/LW without some customization. However, there might be something wrong if you can't create new shaders with ASE.

What's your HD version? (use the latest available for your Unity version)
    Clear your console output, create a new ASE HD Lit shader and check for any errors or warnings.

Thanks!

4. joyrok

joyrok

Cleaning all that and creating from scratch from amplify seems to have fixed it. Is there a wiki to support built-in rRender? I'm looking at some past shaders that now don't have options that ASE HD lit do, like custom lighting input.

Attached Files:

5. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

I'm going to have to ask you to elaborate, so you can create HD shaders in your current project?
    What do you mean by past shaders?

We're available on Discord if you want to talk directly; I just saw your email, please don't duplicate questions, we have multiple people checking for requests.

Also, be sure to update your HD version.

Thanks!

6. joyrok

joyrok

Sorry not a forum user since the 90s so I have little faith ;) I'll hit up discord, I joined it earlier but I saw to ask any tech questions on the forum or in email so I didn't want to bother the discord folks.

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, feel free to DM me on Discord!

8. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We've uploaded a new build to both our website and Unity Asset Store ( should be available soon ).

Here are the release notes:

Release Notes v1.7.3 rev 00:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed preview issues on multiple nodes
      • Fixed incorrect template reload when multiple shaders using the same template are opened
      • Fixed Ignore Rotation issues on 'Billboard' node over Lightweight RP
      • Fixed issue on not importing latest SRP templates when an unregistered version is detected
      • HDRP templates no longer throw console errors on Unity 2019.3
      • Fixed Alpha Clip issue on deprecated HDRPLit template
      • Fixed issue on incorrectly resetting port internal data on load with matrices types
    • Improvement:
      • Minor renaming on 'Baked GI' node name to 'SRP Baked GI'
      • Updated URP templates to include a Baked GI port similarly to HDRP
    @deverolirc can you please try this new version and let us know if the billboard issue is fixed on your end?

Hope you guys have a great weekend and happy shader creations!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  9. joyrok

joyrok

upload_2019-11-23_8-10-51.png

I seem to have an issue getting a surface shader to work, from what I can see they always render pink but if I do a LIT or PBR or Unlit it will work. Is there a setting I'm missing for the surface shader?

upload_2019-11-23_8-13-59.png

Meanwhile an lit or unlit HD works great.

upload_2019-11-23_8-17-47.png

Probably something I'm doing wrong, but any ideas?

10. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

That's intended, the Surface shader type is meant to be used with the built-in renderer and not HD/LW; you're not required to use SRP, it's entirely up to you and your project requirements.

Coming into Unity, it can be a bit confusing with all the new terminology introduced by SRP which use their own shader types.

Let us know if you have any followup questions, we would be happy to elaborate.

11. o1o101

o1o101

Great! Thanks for the fix.

I was also wondering, has anyone done custom SpeedTree 8 shaders/billboard shaders in Amplify?

Lastly, is there any optimizations for the post processing that can be done for best possible mobile performance? Also is there meant to be another Post Processing stack template for LWRP? If not, how can it be done?

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  12. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

No problem at all.

Regarding Speed Tree, unfortunately we don't have any examples on that.

It's quite hard for me to give any type of optimization advice without knowing what effect you are trying to achieve.
    Over LWRP you can use the PPSv2 but it has some limitations as described here.
    You can use PPSv2 with ASE. Please check our wiki page on that for a brief description.
    We also have a sample using it called Mosaic Effect PPS, which is packed under a Unity package that you can take a look to see how to create a post-processing shader.
    You should first unpack the PPStackTemplates packages, as described on the wiki, before unpacking this sample.

13. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I've made a matcap-based skin shader, but in Scene view the shader is black – it's fine for me, but another dev complained when using it.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 11.30.57 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 11.31.27 AM.png

Can I modify my shader to show a non-matcap version in the scene view, or alter it so something shows in Scene view?

14. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

As far as I'm aware, there's no way shader-wise to have different behaviors between scene and game view.
    Is there any difference on your machine and the other dev regarding p.e Unity version?

Without seeing the shader its really hard for me to pinpoint a possible issue.
    Can you pack a sample using that shader and send me to support@amplify.pt so I can take a look at it and see what might be happening?

wetcircuit likes this.
  15. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Ahh, sorry, by "fine for me" I meant I am ok with it being all black in the scene view :cool:

If you still want a look I will send the shader (I have it packaged), but I don't want to waste your time over the holidays if it sounds normal.

16. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Oh no problem at all, please do send it to me so I can see what might be happening since both scene and game view should present the same results.
    Our Christmas holidays will only start on the 14th of December.

wetcircuit likes this.
  17. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Thank you. Will continue in PM.

18. a_d_69

a_d_69

Hello everyone, Tell me please, how can I achieve the same effect as on the attached picture? I'm interested in stretching the last pixel. This is necessary so that the sweep seams on the object are not visible when painting / decal is applied.

Attached Files:

19. jakkevalle

jakkevalle

Hello! Im having a bit of a problem using the Global attribute. Could someone give an example on how would set up an amplify shader that uses a global texture?

20. ATaylor9

ATaylor9

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I had forgotten about the alpha threshold within the shader.

Any ideas on how to achieve semi shadows? Currently I am only able to achieve 100% shadow or no shadows at all, but if I could even get a 50% shadow would be great.

upload_2019-11-28_9-58-3.png

Thanks Amplify

*Edit: Ideally I'd get to also use a Screen Position node and a Grab Screen Color node to achieve a slight blur to anything behind the plane.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  21. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

So what you are trying to achieve is pixel dilation. This is not straightforward and will need more than shader work as you will need write both on the texture you'll be dilating the rgb values and a mask.
    This mask will initially have the same alpha information as the original image.

Dilation works by sampling neighbor pixels from the ones where alpha on the mask is equal to 0 and calculating a new average rgb value to your texture and and a new average alpha value to your mask.

The shader itself over ASE this must be done via a Custom Expression as you will need to do a for loop to achieve the sampling part of the neighboring pixels.

But you will need to have a c# script to create both the render texture with the updated rgb values and the mask.

You can check this article for more details over this technique or you can check this documentation page from Unity where they teach you how to do this over Photoshop.

Hope this info helps.

For you yo use to create a global texture, you just need to create a Texture Sample node and over its Node Properties set its Type to Global.
    If you want ASE to not declare the variable itself then you just need to set the Variable Mode from Create to Fetch. This is useful when you want to access Unity Builtin global textures or textures declared over a custom include of yours.

Unfortunately this is not possible. The Shadow Caster pass itself is not prepared for that.

22. ATaylor9

ATaylor9

No worries, thanks for a great product and great support

23. TheTalkingBoot

TheTalkingBoot

Hello,

I need some help to convert an old fragment shader to Amplify Shader but I'm unable to get the same normal.
    I found where does it come from but, even with custom node with the same code as in the original shader, it doesn't work.

Any ideas ?

24. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

It seems that you want to get access to world normal information, so you should be using the World Normal node instead of the World Position node.

Regarding that code you posted, it is incorrect since the UnityObjectToWorldNormal function transforms an local space vector into a world space vector and not a local space position into a world space vector.

If over your vertex data, the vertex normal variable is called normal then you should have something like this:

o.normalDir = normalize(UnityObjectToWorldNormal(v.normal))

Hope this helps.

25. startrip

startrip

Hello!

I trying to use Backed Lighting,
    with having cutout or transparent shader made by amplify shader editor.

but shadowmaps are different result which use built in shader.
    (right builtinshader :left amplifyshade)

what can I do?
    I use Universal/PBR base at Unity 2020.

Attached Files:

26. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

This seems to be an issue on our end. We're already taking a look at it and will let you know as soon as we figure out what might be happening.

27. TheTalkingBoot

TheTalkingBoot

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed, I made a strange use of the normal but I use this trick to spherify the normal instead of redirecting it in 3D software. It's work well with hard coded shader, but it's too much smooth in Amplify and I losing details.

28. ethanicus

ethanicus

Hi, Amplify.

I'm trying to create a dissolve shader that will dissolve objects as they pass through a plane. I've got it using the plane's position, but for the life of me I just can't get it to use the plane's rotation. It always seems to get the orientation wrong. (For the sake of troubleshooting, I've simplified the shader to just turn "dissolved" parts blue and undissolved red.)

Plane Issue.png

I'm basing this off this video tutorial where the guy got it working properly, but he doesn't ever show his full canvas, the video is blurry, and he didn't upload the working shader or even his code, making it practically impossible to figure out what he did.

Here's my shader graph. Again, I've unplugged everything except colors, but I hope the intent is clear.

ScreenshotASE.png

And here's my code, which could be completely wrong since, again, the guy didn't actually say what any of his properties were being fed with.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class DissolvePlane : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     public Transform dissolvePlane;
    8.     Renderer rend;
    10.     void Awake()
    11.         {
    12.         rend = gameObject.GetComponent<Renderer>();
    13.         }
    15.     void Update()
    16.         {
    17.         rend.material.SetVector("_DissolvePosition", dissolvePlane.position);
    18.         rend.material.SetVector("_DissolveAxis", dissolvePlane.up);
    19.         rend.material.SetFloat("_DissolveAngle", dissolvePlane.rotation.w);
    20.         }
    21. }
    I've been fighting this for a long time and I frankly just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I know rotations are a complicated thing to work with, but I hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you.

29. Zenneth

Zenneth

Hi, I cant seem to create a new post in Amplify Web forum, so I assumed this is where I should post for support right?

This is a scratch shader that I created with Triplanar Node.
    https://www.facebook.com/Matumit.Film.Sombunjaroen/videos/vb.590611312/10156793363216313/

The purpose of using Triplanar, was so that I don't have to worry about UV when the objects got scaled.

However, It would be preferable if the mapping could be rotated alongside the Object.

By setting Coordinate to Object, the Rotation worked, but the Mapping Scale was changed as well.
    I only want the rotation, not scaling.

Is there any method in achieving this?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  30. emelrad12

emelrad12

Using Unity 2019.3 HDRP + DOTS I get error trying to use light color node
    While using surface I get Undeclared indentifier GetInverseCurrentExposureMultiplier
    HD/LIT I get invalid subscript a _DirectionalLightDatas[0].color.a

To reproduce try using HD/LIT master, multiplying light color's intensity with some color and connect to albedo
    Here are my settings for HD pipeline
    https://pastebin.com/nmxE3LT1

In the mean time, any other way to get light intensity?

Edit: world Space light pos also doesnt work
    WIth undeclared identifier _MainLightPosition

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  31. o1o101

o1o101

Issue with LWRP Terrain.

When "Draw Instanced" is enabled, the entire terrain renders black. I am using the example shaders for LWRP, I have toggled "Instanced Terrain" in all of the Terrain Pass shaders, Base, First, and Add. Lastly I toggle "Draw Instanced" on the terrain, and the whole terrain is black.

Latest Amplify from the website, Unity 2019.12f1

32. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

@startrip Just to give an update on the issue you reported. We've been doing some tests and it seems that for alpha cutoff to completely work on baked shadows, it needs to follow some specific Unity rules. Even Unity own Shader Graph shaders do not seem to work right of the bat.

By taking a look at the URP Lit material inspector we noticed that they are checking if the material contains a texture property called _MainTex and if so they are inject the contents of the shader's base map into it.
    It is that this _MainTex that will then define the alpha cutoff which will influence the baked shadows.

We tried that approach on our end and created a Texture Sample node with its property name set to _MainTex and plugged its Alpha port into the Master Node's Alpha port. Although we got it to work, there is still something missing as it still breaks it over some occasions. So there's still something left to setup and we're still trying to figure out what that is.

Oh ok,my initial thought was that you did that by mistake. I do apologize for that.
    You can always do this setup with a Custom Expression, this way its completely similar to how you were doing before.

upload_2019-12-2_10-48-56.png

Here's our graph share link. You can copy the link below and directly paste it into the ASE canvas:
    http://paste.amplify.pt/view/raw/8ca14707

I took a look at what you posted but decided to take a simpler approach which I think it works better.

Here's a shot of the graph:
    upload_2019-12-2_11-20-22.png

So what I'm doing is sending the plane's current position and normal into the shader. Over the shader itself I calculate a normalized direction vector using both the object's world position and and the plane world position.
    After that I apply a dot product between the Plane's normal vector and the direction vector we calculated.
    This will give me the cos value of the angle formed between those vectors. Visually speaking it will generate a value between -1, which indicates the fragment is behind the plane, and 1 which indicates the fragment is in front of the plane.
    Here's a link to the sample I created.

You need to continue to use Triplanar node in Object space but you'll need to supply a new Local Pos which will be your vertex position multiplied by the object scale.

Something like this:

upload_2019-12-2_12-14-48.png

Thanks for reporting these issues. Regarding the World Space Light Pos, we are aware of that. Unfortunately as of now over HDRP we are only able to provide the direction of the main directional light, which is done via the World Space Light Dir.

Regarding the Light Color node issue you reported, we'll provide a fix over our next build.

EDIT: @emelrad12 I've reviewed the node and taken another look at the Unity HDRP library. Unfortunately we won't be able to provide you with a fix after all as Unity does not give us access to that information. We only get access to a final color which already has the intensity pre-multiplied over it an there's no way for us to extrapolate that info from it.
    I'll update the node to warn future users about this.

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll do some tests on our end and let you know as soon as we figure out what might be happening.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    ethanicus likes this.
  33. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Just a quick question, will tessellation be supported in the URP and HDRP.

Thanks

34. ethanicus

ethanicus

Thanks so much! I'm new to this plugin and I'm not great at vector math, so this really sped things along.

I am noticing that the shader seems to be creating a very slight spherical shape instead of a perfect plane, but it's close enough for my purposes.

35. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Thank you @Amplify_RnD_Rick
    Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 4.15.19 PM.png
    Working great now! :D

36. startrip

startrip

Thank you for answer!
    I tried to change the node name,
    It's solved in transparent,but in cutout,it looks not good.
    I'm waiting for some new solution.Thank you.

Attached Files:

37. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

We would like to support it but Unity first need to implement it on their end so we can know how to tackle on our side.

No problem at all. You can pick on that sample I made and play around with it.
    P.e. if you don't want that gradient like transition and have like an hard passage between front and back ( which is want I think you commented ) you can do something like this.

upload_2019-12-3_9-45-48.png

So, I've added a Saturate to clamp the final value to a 0 to 1 range and discard the negative values and after that I added a Ceil node to transform all values greater than 0 into 1 thus creating that hard transition.

Awesomesauce! Really glad to hear that everything is working as it should!

Sure thing! As soon as we figure out that missing part we'll let you know!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  38. ethanicus

ethanicus

Actually I do want the gradient; I'm referring to another issue that's visible if you use the shader on a cube instead of a sphere. You'll see that you end up with a very, very slight "roundness" instead of a straight edge, as if it's treating the plane as a large sphere.

Again though, it works perfectly fine for my uses, and it's barely visible on most models, so for me at least it's okay.

Amplify_RnD_Rick likes this.
  39. Jaysin

Jaysin

Got a simple question (hopefully). I'd like to add native old fashioned Linear Unity fog support to a default sprite shader. If this is using one of the fog nodes would any one be able to give a quick example of that? Or is it possibly something to add in the Additional Use Passes?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Jaysin

40. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

I've created a new Sprites With Fog template for you. This template is a tweaked version of Sprites Default with the added support to fog.

While using it, you just need to plug your final color value to the Master Node's Color Input and the fog will be automatically applied.

Just download the template into your project and a new option will appear over Create > Amplify Shader > Legacy > Sprites With Fog (it also appears over the Shader Type dropdown over the Master Node properties ).

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  41. Jaysin

Jaysin

Thanks Rick, that's working great... now another quick question, can I access a sprites color property via the nodes? I know how to get the sprite texture through the parameter node, but I only have access to the Tint through the parameter node and so that requires me to make multiple materials for different colored sprites.

42. laessnb

laessnb

When I enable Outline in the output node, the shader throws a redefinition compile error because it creates a new CBUFFER but doesn't give it a unique name compared to the existing one it generates for instanced properties. e.g.,
    ASE Example.shader
    gets two blocks of
    UNITY_INSTANCING_BUFFER_START(ASEExample)
    . If I manually rename one of them to something else, the outline seems to work, but is that supported? And of course if I make any modifications in the shader editor, my manual rename gets blown away. Is a fix for this possible?

43. o1o101

o1o101

Does anyone have the URP terrain shader working with "Draw Instanced" ?

44. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We've uploaded a new build into our website.

Here are the release notes.
    Release Notes v1.7.4 rev 02:
    • New Shader Functions:
      • Flow
        • Creates a flow effect which can be given from a flow map.
      • Twirl
        • Sets a twirl effect to a given input UV. Created by The C.reator @cayou66
      • Normal From Height
        • Extrapolate a normal vector from an heigh value
    • New Sample:
      • Scale Independent Tile
    • Improvements:
      • Added new Rotation Independent Scale option into 'Object Scale' node
      • Tweaked 'Remainder' node to always use the % operator on Unity 2018.1 and above
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed issue on loading multipass multi visible master nodes losing their names
      • Fixed issue with point lights not working with instanced terrain shaders
      • Fixed issue on terrain getting black when drawn instanced
      • Fixed alpha test issues over deprecated HDRP Lit
      • Fixed issue where not setting pass name on port options lead to incorrect option behavior (API)
      • Fixed previews not updating correctly in shader functions

Cool! To access the sprite color you need to use the Vertex Color node.

Thanks for reporting this issue. We'll taking a look at what is happening and provide a fix.

Unfortunately no, we already have this issue registered on our bug tracker but haven't been able to tackle what might be happening.

laessnb and Jaysin like this.
  45. knas01

knas01

Hello, I have a question about what you can make with this asset. I want to make a post camera shader that uses configurable edge detection to get outlines to use as mask for blurring(or anything really), and this should be combined in one shader.
    Unfortunately I have very very low knowledge about shaders. My question is, is this possible and are there templates or examples on how to make these effects?

46. o1o101

o1o101

Okay thanks! Do you guys have a rough ETA for the fix? I found draw instanced gives a big performance boost.

47. Nirvan

Nirvan

I updated ASE lately and I found "No Scale Offset" is not working inside inspector window now.
    This option: upload_2019-12-9_9-39-28.png
    It behaves like nothing is changed and always toggled false.

I was updating hoping to have something like <hr> html tag to separate certain parameters sections in material window for material properties.

48. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Over ASE you can create either regular post-processing effects shaders or effects for the Post-Processing Stack v2 .
    For the first one its just a mater of using our template Legacy > Post Processing. Sample wise,you can check the TemplateExamples > PostProcess > FilmGrain and TemplateExamples > PostProcess > Sobel.

If you want to use the PPSv2, it's template is not immediately available, but contained inside a unitypackage. You can check our wiki page to see how to setup and use it.
    We do also have a sample using the PPSv2 inside Mosaic Effect PPS, but before using it, you should follow the steps from the wiki page I linked.

I completely understand. Unfortunately I won't be able to check this issue over this week.
    Since we'll be closing our office for Christmas Holidays soon, my best ETA for you is early January.
    I do apologize for the inconvenience.

I did some tests on my end and everything seems to be working as expected, so I'm clearly missing something. Can you please share your shader setup or any special step you took so that I'm able to replicate the issue on my end?

When you say that it's always toggled off, do mean you save the shader and upon reloading the option is turned off?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  49. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

@deverolirc I think I got good news for you. Over the latest build from our website I fixed an issue over Lightweight RP also concerning Draw Instanced not working.

After writing the post I decided to give it a quick try and see if that same fix was applicable to URP (since the issue description was similar) and it seems we're in luck as it seems to fix URP as well.

So if you have the latest version you already have the issue fixed on your end.

Here are the terrain shaders converted to URP.

o1o101 likes this.
  50. Nirvan

Nirvan

No scale offset was also rescalling texture square field to take less amount of space like this:
    upload_2019-12-9_17-6-53.png
    Can it be done now using something else?