Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

These are quite simple to achieve.
    First, you'll need to create the quant function. Since it will be called from quantToWorld internally, you'll need to toggle on the Auto-Register option.
    Then its just a mater of looking at the function itself and replicate it's input parameters and return value into the custom expression.
    Since the function returns a float2 then you need to set the Output Type to float2.
    Since the function receives two parameters q and v, then you'll need to create two inputs over the custom expression for them and setup their correct Type which is float2 for q and float for v.
    For quantToWorld the process is similar. First you need to add the quant custom expression as a dependency on the Dependencies section then the rest is similar to what I explained earlier.
    Here's a screenshot of each one of them and their respective node properties.

CustomExpressionTest.png

This is possibly happening because your shader must be writing on the depth buffer. Can you go to your Depth options, turn off ZWrite and let us how it goes?

ZWriteOff.png

Unfortunately this sample can't be converted to HDRP as it is. There are a couple of nodes on this shader which do not work on HDRP.
    P.e. the Outline node currently does not work on template based shaders. Also we are not able to retrieve the correct information for Light Attenuation on HDRP.
    Apologies for the inconvenience.

boorch and JTPrime like this.
  2. JTPrime

JTPrime

Success! That was it! Thanks for the quick reply! Love all your assets!

3. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We've jut uploaded a new build into our website.
    Here are the release notes.

Release Notes v1.7.1 rev 12/13:

• Fixes:
      • Fixed issue when using more than one Octave on 'Voronoi' node
      • Fixed issue on Motion Vectors pass over HD templates
      • Fixed issue on generating incorrect keyword value on 'Static Switch' node using Reference Mode
      • Fixed issue duplicating certain nodes
    @GSoch This build fixes issues regarding the Motion Vectors pass over the HD Lit template which is used on Unity's HD Motion Blur.
    On our end now all is working as expected (motion-blur wise). Is it possible for you to try it out and let us know it also fixes on your end as well?
    Regarding the anisotropic issues you were having, it's a really trick one and we're still investigating them.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and happy shader creations!

EDIT: We had to upload a new build as we found out a critical issue regarding copy/paste of nodes

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    GSoch likes this.
  4. MostHated

MostHated

Heya, I have an asset that has unfortunately not upgraded their shader to SRP yet. It was hand-written so I attempted to upgrade it for use in the HDRP myself and I was able to get it "working" but not very well. It's just not as it should be and the performance of it is pretty bad from my tinkering as I have never dealt with actual shader code prior, so I was a bit over my own head from the get-go.

I was hoping to get possibly pushed into the right direction as I have only ever really made small edits to shaders before, never creating one from scratch so things as simple as knowing which type of node to even start with would be a huge help. I am not sure if taking a look at this material might help in determining that?

I also have the full code from the shader, but I don't think it would be a good idea to post it considering it is custom made and included in a paid asset, but if the shaders properties as well as some of the notes/comments are helpful I can throw those here, and if there are any snippets of it that are needed that might help in determining the best way to attack this, I can post those.

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Custom Inputs are X = Pan Offset, Y = UV Warp Strength, Z = Gravity
    2. // Specular Alpha is used like a metalness control. High values are more like dielectrics, low are more like metals
    3. // Subshader at the bottom is for Shader Model 2.0 and OpenGL ES 2.0 devices
    5. Shader "Particles/FXVille Blood 2018"
    6. {
    7.     Properties
    8.     {
    9.         [Header (Color Controls)]
    10.         [HDR] _BaseColor ("Base Color Mult", Color) = (1,1,1,1)
    11.         _LightStr ("Lighting Strength", float) = 1.0
    12.         _AlphaMin ("Alpha Clip Min", Range (-0.01, 1.01)) = 0.1
    13.         _AlphaSoft ("Alpha Clip Softness", Range (0,1)) = 0.1
    14.         _EdgeDarken ("Edge Darkening", float) = 1.0
    15.         _ProcMask ("Procedural Mask Strength", float) = 1.0
    17.         [Header (Mask Controls)]
    18.         _MainTex ("Mask Texture", 2D) = "white" {}
    19.         _MaskStr ("Mask Strength", float) = 0.7
    20.         _Columns ("Flipbook Columns", Int) = 1
    21.         _Rows ("Flipbook Rows", Int) = 1
    22.         _ChannelMask ("Channel Mask", Vector) = (1,1,1,0)
    23.         [Toggle] _FlipU("Flip U Randomly", float) = 0
    24.         [Toggle] _FlipV("Flip V Randomly", float) = 0
    26.         [Header (Noise Controls)]
    27.         _NoiseTex ("Noise Texture", 2D) = "white" {}
    28.         _NoiseAlphaStr ("Noise Strength", float) = 1.0
    29.         _ChannelMask2 ("Channel Mask",Vector) = (1,1,1,0)
    30.         _Randomize ("Randomize Noise", float) = 1.0
    32.         [Header (UV Warp Controls)]
    33.         _WarpTex ("Warp Texture", 2D) = "gray" {}
    34.         _WarpStr ("Warp Strength", float) = 0.2
    36.         [Header (Vertex Physics)]
    37.         _FallOffset ("Gravity Offset", range(-1,0)) = -0.5
    38.         _FallRandomness ("Gravity Randomness", float) = 0.25
    40.         //specular stuff//
    41.         [HDR] _SpecularColor ("Reflection Color Mult", Color) = (1,1,1,0.5)
    42.         _ReflectionTex ("Reflection Texture", 2D) = "black" {}
    43.         _ReflectionSat ("Reflection Saturation", float) = 0.5
    44.         [NoScaleOffset] [Normal] _Normal ("Reflection Normalmap", 2D) = "bump" {}
    45.         _FlattenNormal ("Flatten Reflection Normal", float) = 2.0
    46.     }

Some of these I added / changed in order to get it somewhat working with HDRP such as changing ForwardBase to ForwardOnly and removing some other ForwardBase defines. I am not even sure the modifications I made were right, I just went by what looked mostly right by looking at some other shaders on github. Most of them were completely different and were using HLSL stuff instead of CG.

Code (CSharp):
    1.     Category {
    2.         Tags
    3.         {
    4.             "IgnoreProjector"="True"
    5.             "Queue"="Transparent"
    6.             "RenderType"="Transparent"
    7.             "LightMode"="ForwardOnly"
    8.             "RenderPipeline" = "HDRenderPipeline"
    9.         }
    11.         Blend SrcAlpha OneMinusSrcAlpha
    12.         ZWrite Off
    14.         SubShader
    15.         {
    16.             LOD 100
    17.             Pass
    18.             {
    19.                 Name "FORWARD"
    20.                 Tags
    21.                 {
    22.                     "BW"="TrueProbes"
    23.                 }      
    25.                 CGPROGRAM
    26.                 #pragma vertex vert
    27.                 #pragma fragment frag
    28.                 #include "UnityCG.cginc"
    29.                 #include "UnityShaderVariables.cginc"
    30.                 #include "HLSLSupport.cginc"
    31.                 #include "Lighting.cginc"
    32.                 #pragma multi_compile_fwdbase
    33.                 #pragma multi_compile SPECULAR_REFLECTION_ON SPECULAR_REFLECTION_OFF
    35.                 #pragma multi_compile_fog
    36.                 #pragma target 3.0

I definitely appreciate any assistance that can be given,
    Thanks,
    -MH

5. GSoch

GSoch

@Amplify_RnD_Rick Motion Blur is working like expected now on our end, thanks a lot for the awesome work and quick updates! Keep on rocking, guys!

Curious to see what you're coming up with, Anisotropy-wise. My gut-feeling says either something's already wrong with the Unity implementation of it - or my Tangent map is set up completely wrong, because Unity doesn't manage to give a good example how to do it correctly.

Amplify_RnD_Rick likes this.
  6. pojoih

pojoih

Found this old thread, having the same issues and wonder is this is still not fixed? I'm on Unity 2019.2.11, LWRP 6.9.1, newest Amplify from the asset store and current LWRP Template. Maybe I can fix this myself in the LWRP template?

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Wish we could help but this is really out of the scope of our support and this thread. That said, perhaps some of our users might be interested in assisting you, I would recommend talking via PM in order to not go off topic.

I must request that you do not post any content from paid packages, contacting the developer is probably the fastest way to get it working with HDRP.

Perhaps this can help: Catlike Coding - SRP

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  8. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

What might be happening on your end is that your materials flags and keyword may not be correctly set. Unity does this through its Lightweight specific inspector.
    Since we don't have a specific inspector for LW, for now this must be manually set on our end.
    What you'll need to add this C# code snippet anywhere on your code base and run it once by your material:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EmissiveMaterial.globalIlluminationFlags &= MaterialGlobalIlluminationFlags.AnyEmissive;
    2. EmissiveMaterial.globalIlluminationFlags |= MaterialGlobalIlluminationFlags.BakedEmissive;
    3. EmissiveMaterial.globalIlluminationFlags |= MaterialGlobalIlluminationFlags.RealtimeEmissive;
    4. EmissiveMaterial.EnableKeyword( "_EMISSION" );
    With EmissiveMaterial being the material you are currently using.

Please let us know if this helps.

9. diohellfire

diohellfire

I am creating a different shader GUI using ShaderGUI, but I would like to change rendertype using C #, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, anyone can help me?

10. pojoih

pojoih

Sadly this does not help, maybe it's another error. Just to clarify: Lightmapping seems to work fine, only the "Baked Global Illumination" Views are broken.

Here's normal view, left is LWRP Lit, right is Amplify Shader:
    upload_2019-11-12_11-12-38.png
    And here's lightmap view, Amplify Shader is black and jumped to world origin (0,0,0):
    upload_2019-11-12_11-13-10.png
    Same goes for the other views like UV Charts or Texel Validity.

11. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

You can use the material's SetOverrideTag method.

Can you pack and send me that scene to support@amplify.pt so I can take a look at it to see what might be happening?

pojoih likes this.
  12. diohellfire

diohellfire

it doesn't work on the shader created by amplify shader, I change the tag RenderType and renderQueue
    but it doesn't make any difference.

13. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

This is quite strange since an amplify shader in regards of both the Render Type and Render Queue tags is exactly the same as a regular Unity shader. These tags must be set on a specific way for the shader to properly work.

Does these tests you are making work on a Unity's shader or your own custom shaders? If so can you share your process on how you are testing so I can try and replicate on my end?

14. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

So I'm creating a texture atlas for my characters eyebrows, having 8 eyebrows on a texture sheet. What node(s) should I use to offset and scale so I can position those correctly on my head UV? I'm trying to avoid using 8 separate textures for my mobile game. Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Ok so I'll start by maybe suggesting the use of our Flipbook shader function instead of having to create that mask to select the eye brows.

upload_2019-11-14_11-39-20.png

It is quite straightforward, you just need to set the correct number of columns and rows, set the time value to 0 (so it wont animate) and on the Start Frame select the eyebrow you want.

This shader function receives a set of uvs. Over those uvs you can place your offset to tweak the position of the eyebrows. (P.e. add directly over the Texture Coordinates node or an Add node after it with the offset value )

Since you'll be adding an offset to the input UVs, the output UV result may overshoot its correct cell and start picking color info from the adjacent ones.

To prevent this you can clamp the output UV values using our Clamp node.

P.e on a 3x3 spritesheet organized this way:
    0 1 2
    3 4 5
    6 7 8

You know that element 4 must always be clamped between 1/3 and 2/3 on both U and V values.
    Element 7 on the other must be clamped between 1/3 and 2/3 on U and 2/3 and 1 on V.

This suggestion I made tweak however will be limited to the free space you'll have on each cell of your spritesheet.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  16. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Thanks for this. I'll give it a shot today and let you know if I run into any problems.

17. fedorval

fedorval

Hello, I've been stuck with a pretty weird bug with the Terrain Instancing on my project.

I've followed the instructions of making a custom shader for instanced terrains but after finishing up most things I've encountered something like that :

Unity_5CtLdTrMdJ.png

The stretched polygons constatly changes colors and shape. (I feel lucky to have no epilepsy conditions at this point.) It seems to be linked to the number of vertices on the terrain since it's more apparent the lower the pixel error is on the terrain (which basically adds detail and vertices) and the more vertices are on screen as I dezoom and see the entire terrain.

Now for the weird part.

When I remove the ASE plugin from my project, everything works fine :

Unity_dJwRTjdeDD.png
    It's still the custom shader done with ASE that's applied on the terrain, it's just the plugin that's not there anymore. No more missing terrain pieces, no more weird polygons.

Do you guys have any idea what's going on and if there's a fix?

Edit : It also does it in-game not only in the scene view, which is a big problem.
    It also happened on both 2018.4.1f1 and 2019.3.0b10 on the latest version of Amplify.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  18. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

I think this is the first time something like this was reported.
    ASE plugin being or not present on your project does not ( or should not ) influence Unity terrain.
    A couple of questions:
    • Do you have any type of console errors when ASE is on your project and that stretch happens?
    • Does this happens on Unity's default pipeline or any particular SRP?
    • What is both your Unity and ASE versions?
    Also is it possible for you to pack that sample and send me to support@amplify.pt so I can take a closer look at what might be happening?

EDIT: I've tried to replicate this issue with no success on my end. I've used our Simple Terrain sample as the testbench. As soon as I turn on the Instance Terrain toggle on all terrain shaders (First Pass, Add Pass and Base ) all starts working as expected.
    I made this test on both versions you edited over your post.
    Having that said, it would be really helpful if you would send a sample with that terrain and shaders from the shot.

19. fedorval

fedorval

I've sent the email! I hope it clears things out.

Also I forgot to say in the mail but there are no console errors and it's on Unity's default pipeline.

Edit : I kept testing on my end and found out it had something to do with the Base Map Distance slider or basically when the terrain's textures become simpler. It also occurs on the shader in the example scene of your plugin. Maybe something goes wrong with that shader or my video card doesn't support it?

Also it kind of came to mind that the reason everything goes fine after deleting the plugin is probably because there's no longer a reference to the ASE base terrain shader so everything is actually not fine anymore.

20. apan-bin

apan-bin

ASE custom terrain draw instanced Still wrong
    test version:ASE1.7.2 unity2019.3.b8 URP Android platform ASE custom terrain draw instanced_off.png ASE custom terrain draw instanced_on.png

21. ArcherSS

ArcherSS

Hi everybody, I'm learning the ASE, and going to read all the node documents. But I see the official wiki only contains documents for part of nodes, there are many node in editor don't have document. Is there comprehensive document for all the nodes? or I miss them somewhere? or how can I understand how all the node works? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

22. LarsBreuer

LarsBreuer

Now I still have a question about my project.
    I would like to fade out my game object. I have already managed to fade into another color (e.g. background color - so it seems to be invisible).

But this is certainly not an elegant solution. How do I manage to fade out the object completely?

23. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Thank you so much for sending it. The email already dropped on my inbox and I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

I've already taken a look at terrain over URP ( and how their shaders are being built ) and unfortunately it's a bit different from how we are currently doing it over our samples.
    I'm afraid that we will perhaps need to create a new set of templates to correctly address those issues.

Unfortunately no. We do have a bunch of undocumented nodes.
    I'll do a check on what nodes are lacking documentation and try to update as many as I can.

For you to correctly fade an object, you should set its Blend Mode to Transparent.
    After that, you only need to connect a Float node ( equal to your Fader ) and connect it to the Opacity port from the Master Node.

FadeObject.png

24. ScaniX

ScaniX

The current update killed the Custom Expression node. I am no longer able to save my shaders.
    When set to Create it now expects a return. I shouldn't be forced to go through all my existing Custom Expression nodes and add return statements. :(

PS: It works if I remove the faulty check code in CustomExpressionNode, line 1090.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  25. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

This is quite strange, the code generation part of the custom expression node hasn't been changed in a while.
    What was the previous ASE version you were using? Is it possible for you to share the original version of one of these shaders (before being compiled with the latest version) so I can check its setup?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  26. ScaniX

ScaniX

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply.
    From the .shader file the previous version was "Version=16900"

This simple script cannot be saved now, it can be saved and works without the new check.
    All my old expression nodes are of type Create and don't have a "return" statement. I think it was only necessary before if they got called somewhere?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28cpfh6515sq4qe/SimpleExpression.shader?dl=1

27. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Thank you so much. Thanks to your info I detected that there was indeed an issue on that If statement you commented out.
    I'll release a new build really really soon and it will have the issue fixed.

ScaniX likes this.
  28. LarsBreuer

LarsBreuer

Thanks. It works. Here is how I managed it:

29. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Just uploaded a new build into our website.

Release Notes v1.7.2 rev 01:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed issues on generating incorrect precision inputs on both 'Screen Position' and 'World Position' node
      • Fixed issue on multi-pass master nodes not setting correct given shader name when created from file
      • Fixed issue on WaterSample shader
      • Fixed issue on 'Custom Expression' node not generating correct function code without a return statement
    • Improvements:
      • Users can, like on Shader Functions, immediately name shader when creating it
      • Adding Instanced option into 'Texture Transform' node
        • Determines if the _ST texture transform variable is created as an instanced property

ScaniX likes this.
  30. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

So I've just analyzed the sample you sent and its an easy fix. What is happening is something I mentioned about over here.
    All terrain shaders and their dependencies must have the Instanced Terrain toggle turned on. Your Terrain First-Pass had that option turned on but it had the BaseMapShader dependency set to our SimpleTerrainBase which had that option turned off.
    As soon as I opened the SimpleTerrainBase shader over ASE, turned on the Instanced Terrain option and compiled it, all started working as expected.

31. o1o101

o1o101

Hey,

On LWRP the billboard node attached to a vertex offset isn't working for me, the billboard position is all skewed, offset & scaled wrong.
    What is the proper method for setting up batching ready tree billboards in LWRP?

32. f1chris

f1chris

I'm new to Amplify and my current project is on 2013.3 and URP.

What I did is I played wit the different shaders delivered as examples and just converted them to URP. I noted some when switched to URP output, we don't have any opacity but alpha instead ( and alpha clip something).

Reconnecting the node to alpha instead opacity is just not doing the job. Probably my inexperience who made the assumption the alpha and opacity would be the same.

Someone have a clue on how to convert them ?

thx for your help
    Chris

33. fedorval

fedorval

You are a live saver. That absolutely works thanks a lot! I can't believe I didn't think of that.

It might be worth making a bit of documenting on the terrain instancing though in the terrain page.

https://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Terrain_Shaders

There isn't anything about it on the page and I found out about the instanced terrain option by sheer luck to be honest.

34. David_CGA

David_CGA

I'm trying to create a custom post process effect for the PP stack v2, but I don't know how to get the color of the screen that has been renderered
    I have seen people using the template parameter node for the old post process effects but I don't know how to get the color of the screen for the new PPS v2

35. EwieElektro

EwieElektro

Hey. Are there known Issues with strange behaviours in Unity 2019.3b?
    As examble, after compiling/save a shader, all Materials properties are set to the default values from the shader. (which is realy annoying)
    Or when i select a material or gameobject with a material, there's no "Open in shader Editor" or "Open in Text Editor" Button. Only when i direct select a shader asset. Also sometimes the blend options in a shader are changed.

36. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

I did a couple of tests on my end and everything seems to be working as expected. Can you share a screenshot of both the shader and your result?
    Also, are you applying non-uniform scaling to your object?

With most of the templates its still the process of setting up a transparent material is still a bit manual.
    You are correct in assuming that Opacity and Alpha are the same.
    Now you need to go to your master node properties and:
    • On the Subshader > Tags options area set both Render Type and Render Queue to Transparent
    • On the Pass > Blend Mode set Blend RGB to Alpha Blend
    After that you're good to go so hit the Update button to generate the shader.

I agree completely. Already modified the wiki page to have that information.

Its similar to how you did on the regular post processing shader.
    You need to create a Template Parameter node and select the _MainTex option. Then its just a mater of connecting its output to a Texture Sampler node.
    We have a sample inside ASE ( Mosaic Effect PPS ) which creates a PPSv2 effect, so you can check it out and see in more detail how we handle those type of shaders.

Since that version is still in beta I personally do work with it on a daily basis. But I'll try it out and see if one of these issues arise.
    If you find a way to consistently reproduce those issues, please let me know.

f1chris likes this.
  37. o1o101

o1o101

I am using GPU instancing and LWRP, it doesn't work with uniform scaling either but I was planning on doing a bit of non uniform scaling, if its not possible that is okay.

upload_2019-11-19_10-54-44.png
    I expect something like the blue circle, but they are appearing like the red circle.
    upload_2019-11-19_10-54-22.png

Does the billboard node need something else? Do I need to set something up in the left shader properties?

Cheers

38. o1o101

o1o101

I was also wondering, the built in LWRP terrain shader has a toggle for an instanced normal map which looks great, is it possible access this in an Amplify terrain shader?

39. cyuxi

cyuxi

Hi,
    Cannot rename Texture "MainTex " on (4.xx)LW Unlit template which generates redefinition of MainTex error.
    Is it likely to be a bug? Thanks.
    I'm currently using ASE version 1.7.2.

40. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

This is quite strange. No, the Billboard node was made to be straightforward, just plug into a vertex port and you should be good to go.
    Can you pack me that scene with the skewed tree and send me to support@amplify.pt so I can check on my end what might be happening?

I do agree with you, it looks much better. Unfortunately we haven't ported that feature into ASE.

This is a bit tricky, what is happening is that the _MainTex texture is declared and used internally on Unity libraries over this version. So if you try to declare it yourself it will generate a conflict.
    The effort for us to parse and analyze every property declared over Unity internal libraries is too big and honestly I don't think its worth it, so this is an issue that we will most likely not tackle.

41. fedorval

fedorval

I have a jury rigged way of using the instanced normal map in ASE however it's super finicky and doesn't work well with other normals:

ZnOroUUMMI.png

pZHMj3Cfi6.png

Just plug that into the normals in the master node and it "should" work.

Hope it helps.

o1o101 and Amplify_RnD_Rick like this.
  42. ATaylor9

ATaylor9

Hi Amplify Team,

First I'd like to add my congrats on such a great product, thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm having an issue in Unity 2019.2.9 with LWRP where I'm unable to create semi transparent shadows.

So far both RenderType and Queue are set to transparent. I've also tried the combo of Transparent Cutout and Geometry but no luck.

upload_2019-11-20_17-28-2.png

Any pointers would be really helpful,

Thanks

43. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Thank you so much for such kind words.

Are you perhaps not setting a correct value over the Alpha Clip Threshold port?

I did a simple test over here and it seems to be working as expected.

upload_2019-11-20_18-10-57.png

44. o1o101

o1o101

The project is large unfortunately, however - It is just using Unity 2019.12f1, LWRP, and Amplify v1.7.2. The actual shader is just a LW/PBR based with an Albedo texture and a cylinder type billboard. The material must have GPU instancing enabled for this issue to happen.

I had another question, how do you disable fog on the LW/Lit example? I see a toggle on the Unlit example.

45. o1o101

o1o101

Thank you very much! I will give this a shot.

46. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

My major problem is that I'm not being able to replicate the issue on my end.
    I did some simple tests on the same Unity version you reported using GPU Instancing on a simple shader using the Billboard node and there's no skewing.

upload_2019-11-21_11-18-38.png

I'm applying the shader to a Unity Quad. What is the mesh you are applying your shader into? Maybe this is the breaking factor.

That's an excellent question. You can't for now, but its quite easy to add that option so expect it on our next release ( which will be out really soon ).

47. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We've uploaded a new build over our website.

Release Notes v1.7.2 rev 03:
    • Fixes:
      • Fixed issue on templates not capturing properties with certain attributes
      • Fixed issue on templates inline properties not being properly set on modules if main master node wasn't the first pass
    • Improvements:
      • Added Builtin Fog toggle option into Lightweight PBR template

Happy shader creations!

48. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

Hey guys! I'm really glad to see that the registred variables are ordered alphabetically, it's quite a time saver!

There is one thing that causes me a lot of issues with the new versions, and that's the renaming behavior when duplicating property nodes. Almost all my props are custom-named to be accessible via scripting and I also use many global variables. I used them in shader while developing, but once I have a working behavior, I move them to functions where all of them get renamed. I always miss some of them and spend some time to check all nodes again.

Could you please revisit this behavior? The old one worked just fine in my opinion. Thank you :)

49. o1o101

o1o101

The ignore rotation toggle may be related. This is a Unity Quad.
    upload_2019-11-21_10-50-3.png
    The shader is just this, using the latest Amplify.
    upload_2019-11-21_10-50-59.png
    Also maybe the SRP batcher is taking priority on your end over instancing.

50. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

Hi. I had a similar issue, I didn't use instancing or batching, I was testing in scene view with a non-static object, but for some reason, the shader didn't work. Adding the DisableBatching = True fixed the issue. Maybe it helps.

upload_2019-11-22_9-40-9.png

o1o101 likes this.