Search Unity

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. ColtonK_VitruviusVR

ColtonK_VitruviusVR

Hey @Amplify_RnD_Rick,

I have had an issue with a snow shader in our PS4 port for approx 2 months now (Snow is appear on the underside of objects in build but not in editor). I had a dialogue with @Amplify_Ricardo regarding this and he said the dev team would look at it. Since then I have sent direct messages but it has been radio silence.. Is there anyway you can check on the progress of this?

Cheers,
    Colton

2. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there, sorry for the radio silence on my part; I was actually away for Gamescom and PAX West, should return to normal soon.

Last I checked, your ticket was on our queue, I will try to find additional details.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

3. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey Colton,

We do apologize for the delay.

I can confirm what Ricardo said. Rest assured that your ticket is still on our queue but we haven't be able to figure out what might be happening.

Mostly because we still haven't had access to a PS4 from which we could test what you sent. On a PC build all is working as expected and that makes it more difficult to solve.

By looking at the shader/screenshots you sent, it must be something related with the perturbed normal generated over the World Normal node.

What I can suggest for you to do is:
    • On the World Normal node, toggle on the Normalize parameter
    • Place a Saturate node between the World Normal's Y output port and the Power's Base input port
    • Replace the Clamp node with a Saturate node as sometimes
      • I know they should do the same but sometimes PS4 gets picky with some instructions

Also I really have to advise you to update to our latest version since much as changed from the ASE v1.5.2 you are using.

4. Tibauvdb

Tibauvdb

Hello, I've tried to get amplify shader editor to work with HDRP but keep running into errors. I'm probably just missing something.
    I'm using Unity 2019.1.0f2 & HDRP 5.7.2 & the newest version of Amplify.

I've set up my project to include the HDRP and a HDRenderPipeline asset is in my ProjectSettings->Graphics tab
    After this I import the Amplify shader editor

The first errors I get here are errors about "Shader Properties can't be added to this global property sheet, Trying to Add: " here there are multiple such as _GrabTexture_TexelSize, _GrabTexture_HDR, RefractionGrab0.

I ignore it and install the HDSRPTemplates Package. After this I get 4 new errors saying "invalid subscript 'tangentToWorld' at line x. these errors are for the new HDSRPUnlit,HDSRPPBR, HDSRPLit, lit shaders.

When creating a shader under AmplifyShader-HD I can only choose Lit.
    When creating a lit shader and only putting a color in the albedo it creates a see through material with artifacts along edges with other materials.

Kind Regards,
    Tibau

5. IanItor

IanItor

Hi, in my shader i store custom normals in a vertex colors and convert it to a World Normal space with a Object To World node, but this way i lose the ability to plug in tangent normal map like i do it with a regular World Normal node. What kind of math happening when World Normal node accepts a normal texture map and can it be achieved inside the editor?
    VcolsToWorld.png

6. MacMcDev

MacMcDev

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this weird square-shaped stencil / artifact around lights? I've been debugging this for hours and have come up short.
    3f04e4beb4e5cf16662bb02b5bcb870b.png 385cbca47e9d36580e04328643dd7ff2.png
    A. It only happens with this ASE shader
    B.) It's not an attenuation issue, to my knowledge.
    C.) It's not a quality settings issue, as multiple pixel lights are allowed
    D.) It goes away when Additive Pass is disabled (but uh, so does everything else, making it useless?)
    E.) plugging the dot product directly into the custom lighting node still creates the artifact.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

7. IanItor

IanItor

Try to change Fog node with Indirect Diffuse Light

8. slayerdude

slayerdude

Sorry for possibly dumb question, but is there a way to set different color/texture to backface? There's a special node in Unreal material editor that does that, but couldn't find similar one in amplify. Does it have to do something with multiple render passes? Please help. Thank you.

9. IanItor

IanItor

Switch by face node, there is also a example shader called TwoSideWithFace in amplify official examples folder

10. francois85

francois85

Quick question, I’ve got my amplify shader working in Unity stander renderer. I was about to move it to LWRP but I see Unity announce URP. Is it recommended to wait for that to land or it just a name change.

11. ColtonK_VitruviusVR

ColtonK_VitruviusVR

Hey @Amplify_RnD_Rick

Thanks for the response, no worries about the delay. It seems like adding the saturate node (suggestion 2) did the trick!

Thanks again,
    Colton

12. MacMcDev

MacMcDev

Seems to work, thanks a bunch!

13. sybere

sybere

Hello!

Any way to replace Standard Surface Light and World Space Light Pose nodes for HDRP lit? or adding Custom light to HDRP lit?

Thanks!

14. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

Hey, so I am trying to make a shader where it applies an effect/color to everything inside the mesh that it is on, and makes the mesh otherwise invisible. I haven't been able to figure out what to even google for this. An effect sort of like this is what I am trying to achieve. An ideas?

15. eco_bach

eco_bach

16. francois85

francois85

Does the LWRP/HDRP/URP template not support tessellation ? This is crucial to our project

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:25 AM
  17. Hexaedre

Hexaedre

Hi,

I can't make the emissive lit the lightmap when baked.

I use Unity 2019.1.5, High Definition RP 5.16.1, HD PBR shader.
    I selected "Baked" in the Global illumination line in the inspector.
    It worked with the built in Unity HDRP/Lit shader but not with the amplify shader.

Do I have to do something special in the shader in order to lit the lightmap ?

18. Murkawski

Murkawski

Hello. I was wondering how to access Texcord0 to use vertex streams. At the moment when I use the Vertex TexCoord node, the UV channel goes from 1 to 8.

I referenced your answer here:

http://amplify.pt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=754&p=3199&hilit=Accessing+particle+Custom+Data#p3199

But they're no longer is a texcoord0 to select as in the example you show there.

And also how would you go about setting up an effect like this gradient mapping through amplify shader?

https://simonschreibt.de/gat/fallout-4-the-mushroom-case/

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 11:17 AM
  19. vthera_joels

vthera_joels

Is there any way to expose output node properties as a material property? Similar to how the Unity Standard shader has a drop down for Opaque, Transparent and Fade?

20. ZaZy

ZaZy

Hi Amplify Team,

Just a couple of quick bug reports regarding precision:
    * The Template and TemplateMultiPassMasterNode never assign the precision loaded in the ReadFromString method to the container parent graph like the StandardSurface node does. This results in Util classes returning the default precision of Float unless the user toggles the precision for the editing session. Hence the generated shader output will change precision when combining scalars into vectors (e.g when using append nodes).
    * The local variables of multiple operator nodes (append, break, lerp, clamp etc) are always Float as they register their own local variables but do not get the precision from the parent graph. Other operator nodes that use temp casts (i.e local values instead of local variables) like the pow node and other math operators do not have an issue.

The unity cross-compiler is quite good at guessing what the intended precision is in simple cases but definitely starts using highp when it encounters chains of the affected nodes.

Amplify_Paulo likes this.
  21. talofen

talofen

I keep getting this error on my ASE shaders:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 'MetaVertexPosition': no matching 4 parameter function
    2. Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_META
    3. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    Currently on 2019.2.3f1, LWRP 6.9.0. But I got this error on all LWRP shaders since 2019.1
    Any suggestions?

22. daville

daville

I want to use Curved World with LWRP and Amplify Shader... your guide here doesn't seem to work exaclty with the newest versions of both plugins and LWRP.

So I made my own template to add the dependency to Curved World ( I couldn't do it with the Canvas Window)

upload_2019-9-16_17-40-8.png

I also added the custom function but the "V_CW_TransformPointAndNormal()" method doesn't seem to exist anymore, so I looked into the Unlit.shader LWRP example included with Curved World and found this line

upload_2019-9-16_17-42-53.png

So I added the line 100 to my function "CURVED_WORLD_TRANSFORM_POINT" just replaced the input.positionOS for v.vertex as declared on the struct "GraphVertexInput" by the Amplify Template

and it "Kinda works" it does in fact bends the vertices but it throws some errors

upload_2019-9-16_17-45-53.png

This is my Graph

upload_2019-9-16_17-46-34.png

this is the function

upload_2019-9-16_17-46-57.png

What could I've been missing? I think I almost got it.

23. yaboo

yaboo

upload_2019-9-17_22-52-26.png
    Named as "MainTex" is error