Search Unity

Best soft for making 3d character models

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Xummatul, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xummatul

Xummatul

I have already made the town, forest and others.But haven't made the characters.And now thinking Which will be best for making character.I haven't made the town or forest models just brought em But want to make the characters myself..:D:confused::confused:

2. MaxieQ

MaxieQ

Depends on what you mean with "make". If you want to make them from scratch, there's Blender - or any of the other big modellers like 3DS Max, Maya, Softimage, ZBrush, Mudbox etc. Blender is free though, while the others aren't, unless you're a student, but the student versions are limited. If you mean 'what program lets me make humanoid models' then there's "Make Human" for realistic humans. For other styles, I don't know.

3. lazygunn

lazygunn

I'm used to fancy software but i cant see this process being any problem with anything that can box model, more or less (Take a primitive like a box and extrude faces and move/weld verts to pull out a shape)

Blender's probably fine

4. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Blender works just fine for what you want to do. If you want to shell out a bit more you could try 3D Coat, but that doesn't have animation; it only has modeling.

5. Xummatul

Xummatul

WIll GO with BLENDER :D

6. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Good choice :D

7. vidi

vidi

3D coat is for sculpting, retopology ,uv mapping and 3D painting , but not for modelling .

8. Gorlog

Gorlog

Blender is best.

9. Helious73

Helious73

why blender Zbrush is more pwerful and realistic

10. kdgalla

kdgalla

• Zbrush only does sculpting (As far as I can tell), where as Blender does everything.
    • Zbrush costs almost $900.00 for a perpetual license, where as Blender is free.
    • Zbrush is only as realistic and powerful as the user has skill in sculpting. The only thing I could make in Zbrush is a lumpy sphere. In Blender I can use polygon modelling to actually make an okay-looking model.

Helious73 and stefan_s_from_h like this.
  11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

*gently closes the door*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.