Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Practises for Analytics and GDPR for Unity 2019.3

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by brookebsmith, Mar 7, 2020.

1. brookebsmith

brookebsmith

Hi,

My game does not use Unity Ads, Analytics or IAP, however in older versions of Unity, we had the option to be able to disable HW Statistics.

I installed the Analytics package from the Package Manager and added the Data Privacy Plugin to my scene however during time run when clicking on the button I receive the error "Failed to get data privacy url: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request: {"message":"Missing appid."}"

Is it safe to assume I do not need this in my scene and can safely remove the Analytics package?

Alternatively, would running the following code in an Awake script on my first scene be enough to disable all Data Collection from Unity?

{
    Analytics.enabled = false;
    Analytics.deviceStatsEnabled = false;
    PerformanceReporting.enabled = false;
    }

I have also reviewed the UnityConnectSettings.asset to see if anything is enabled and haven't logged into the Services panel to enable/disable any options.

Any feedback and suggestions on how anyone else has dealt with GDPR to ensue no data is being sent would be helpful.

Thanks!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Starting in 2019.3, disabling Analytics does the same thing as Disable HW Stats. If you are not using Analytics, you would not want to install it.

3. brookebsmith

brookebsmith

@JeffDUnity3D Thanks for taking the time to reply.

In regards to disabling Unity Analytics, do I first have to log into the Services panel and create a Unity Project ID and then disable Analytics, or is Analytics off by default as I haven't done this and therefore don't have to create a Project ID?

Thanks Jeff.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No need to enable Analytics if you don't want to use it. It is disabled by default.

5. brookebsmith

brookebsmith

Thanks for the information, this has been very helpful.