Search Unity

Question Best Practices for reducing jitters with mars

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by ctherndon, Mar 24, 2021.

1. ctherndon

ctherndon

Hi, I'm using mars for some very simple image target recognition that spawns an overlay onto the image target. My issue is that as I move the phone around my overlay does not stay attached to the image target. It seems to float and jitter constantly which creates a clunky experience. Normally in AR, this issue is solved by creating an anchor when instantiating the overlay that you never want to move from it's current position.

I'm trying to understand how this can be done within MARS as I assumed image target proxies might create an anchor under the hood but the results I'm seeing, this does not appear to be the case.

I have double checked the dimensions of the image target as each spot it is referenced and everything is correct.

Is there anything else I should consider adding via Mars or will I need to call some ARcore/Arkit functions myself? Given this is a common AR problem that has existed since 2016 I assume there is a solution for it within MARS and that is why I created this post, to better understand how to use and think with MARS instead of AR foundation or native API's.

Thanks.

2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

MARS can definitely track an image marker so it sounds like something isn't right in your project setup. What platform are you working on (iOS/Android)?

3. ctherndon

ctherndon

I am currently working on Android.

4. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Would you mind filing a bug report (Help -> Report A Bug...)? That'll let us have a look at your project and figure out what's happening.

5. ctherndon

ctherndon

submitted with a video and explanation/walkthrough which I believe will be much more helpful to you than the project.

jmunozarUTech likes this.
  6. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Thanks - I got it. Out of curiosity what device are you using?

7. andysdds

andysdds

I have the same issue , and I find that if you preset the gameobject under the Image Tracker , it can follow as perfect , if you spawn in runtime , I will have a terrible drifting and jitter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aD-is8AeJnWuZxD5Gm0aJD0KGVeqZYIU/view?usp=sharing

here are the video to help , the cube is pre-create at the scene and the plane with grid is create afterward and attach to the Image Tracker.In debug log , their position unchange.
    I don't know is that the reason or the bug is , I have already struggle for that few month .

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021