Search Unity

Best networking solution available - Question

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by asafalroy, Apr 15, 2020.

1. asafalroy

asafalroy

Well, I've seen a lot of threads on this one, but never really gotten the answer I was looking for:
    I have a functional FPS game and I decided that I want to turn that into a multiplayer game, mainly to play with my friends and stuff (nothing too professional). But this is just for now, in the future, I'd maybe want to finally release the game, therefore I want the networking solution that I choose to be good enough for this purpose.
    After researching a lot, I've found out that there are two main networking solutions for Unity (external solutions obviously as Unet was dropped): Mirror and Photon Pun 2.
    I'd really like if you could tell me which one I should choose - which one is easier to use and learn and is good enough to finally release the game without any networking problems.
    I really rather not spend too much time on the networking side so I would like to learn it pretty fast and be able to work with it soon enough. Btw, if you know any better networking solutions then please share them aswell.
    Sorry for the pretty long read and thanks in advance!

P.S: Just found out about Photon Bolt aswell, would like to hear some feedback about it if you're familiar with it, thanks again!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. g_a_p

g_a_p

deegiimurun likes this.