Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Best/Most visual Save Game Package on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by NavpointSoftware, Mar 3, 2019.

1. NavpointSoftware

NavpointSoftware

Hi all,

I am working on a small 1st time challenge project which started very simple and as I got into it more (and surprised myself with what im able to do) has just kind of evolved.

Im now wanting to add save game functions and have done my testing using PlayerPrefs and the superb free plugin PlayerPrebs Editor & Utilities by Sabresaurus Ltd which works fine and though you better guys and gals will frown on me for doing that its easy to setup. (I got it working perfectly with the reasonably basic variables I need saved).

But I would however like to try and do it properly and try get a binary formatter working, but this is one thing im really struggling to get working properly for whatever reasons.....even with tutorials and several attempts. I have a file saving but im struggling to get it to load back in and I have no idea if this file's content is correct and did I actually save it correctly o_O etc.

Im thinking of trying one of the many Save Game type assets available on the store to make life easier and just wondering which Save Game / Load Game assets people might recommend?

Kind Regards,
    John