Search Unity

Question Best method to initiate 2D Life Simulator Player object

Discussion in '2D' started by nadekang, Apr 27, 2021.

1. nadekang

nadekang

I am planning to do a life simulator game for practice of Unity and C# programming as a beginner. My goal is to create something using the game BitLife as an anchor.

However, I have trouble finding a good way to construct the Player object in such 2D game setting because for a static game like this, the Player doesn't need to move, and probably not even required to be seen on the Canvas compared to a space shooting game. Everything is communicated via the UI buttons on the Canvas or events.

In this case, I want to be able to set up a player to represent the individual main character in the game:
    1. The player may not to be seen
    2. The player's features such as Smart, Health, Looks, Crazy, Happiness, Gender etc. can be set using a pop up table of end-user input, e.g. the client who plays the game can scroll slider to 99 for Smart, 25 for Health and so on

I thought about for instance, uploading a picture as character pic, and set that empty game object with a sprite of image. Then place that game object on a certain spot on the screen without changing the position forever. But should I place such Player game object as a Prefab, and then instantiate it at the desired spot when game starts, take all user input values for this Player prefab, then allow on 1 instance of such prefab since there's only 1 player each life?

Thanks for the advice.