Search Unity

Best iOS games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mathieu, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mathieu

Mathieu

Due to health issue I stayed away from Unity and making games for nearly 2 years. I decided to get slowly back into computer work by making a website: it appears to me that there is not really a website where you can easily pick a great iOS game when you want to play one, sure there's a lot websites writing about iOS games but they're not necessarily the best tools to find iOS games (see why, in my opinion, a little further in my post).

After a few months of work I'm pretty much ready to launch the website : http://touch.gg

touch.gg offers an alternative source for gamers to find quality titles that may otherwise get lost amid the sea of games being released every other day.

As an indie game developer I would love to give some more exposure to indie games, and even more to Unity3D-made games. I already have a long list of games I need to try but I don't want to miss some real gems, that why I would like to ask you: what iOS games do you consider being the best on this platform?

I've checked Unity - Game List*and Unity awards but there must be some more excellent games out there, right ? ;)
    Don't bother looking at my website to make sure I don't have listed a game already, I'll be sorting this myself.

2. rextr09

rextr09

First of all, I like the name of your site :) Second, the design is wonderful. The only issue may be the same links at the top are repeated second time in the middle. Other than that, really great.

That being said, I would be glad if you can feature my pure indie game Traffic Racer :) I have developed it in 8 months with Unity. Traffic Racer has currently 990 ratings with 4.5 stars in average. But the game is only known in Turkey and Russia. The rest of the world do not even hear it.
    So, what makes it so unique? I think it's the only endless-racing game that has realistic cars and realistic car handling in it. Also its updated almost every month with new cars and features.

Another great indie game that I know is Dungelot.(not developed by me :)) You can also put it.

Have a nice day!

3. khanstruct

khanstruct

Heh, I like the "Hidden Gems" category. Wondering how you decide what to populate in there.

On topic, have a look at the iOS game in my signature! (Tactical space combat game)

4. Mathieu

Mathieu

Thanks guys I look at your games.

Dungelot is already on my list of games to try :)

It's a pretty subjective selection but it's mostly games that aren't very well know by gamers. Some didn't had press or not that much considering the quality of the games. I still need to better organize those games before the launch of the website...

5. Mathieu

Mathieu

Some guys at TA forums were quite helpful, here a list of some interesting games for kids:
    • Toca Doctor/Toca House
    • Sprinkle Junior
    • Bobo Explores Light
    • Coop Phonics
    • Playtales
    • Firebusters
    • Endless Alphabet
    • LetterSchool
    This could give you some ideas if you're trying to make one yourself.