Search Unity

Best HTTP Released

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BestHTTP, Sep 11, 2013.

1. h_kishi

h_kishi

When UseStreaming is true, it seems gzip decoding does not work.
    Does BestHttp support to use both UseStreaming=true and gzip encoding at the same time?

2. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@h_kishi: There are no on-the-fly decoding now, uncompressing done once when the full response downloaded. I want to improve on this, but currently you have to do it manually or you can send an "Accept-Encoding: identity" header to disable gzipping.

3. suntabu

suntabu

@BestHTTP
    I'm using the v1.7 BestHTTP Pro version, but while I playing my game through the net shared from my computer's wifi, the connect timeout error happened always.
    Do you know the reason and please help?
    Thanks

4. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@suntabu: Can you share more details about you home network? Is there any proxies? Can you reach the target web service from the same device that the game is running on?
    Also, can you try it with a more recent version of the plugin?

5. suntabu

suntabu

@BestHTTP
    Thanks for replying, I've updated to the latest version and the problem still exists.
    I am sorry for that I am a network newbie, so could you tell me what I should share exactly?
    I know that I am not using any proxies and I could reach the target web service from the same android phone by chrome browser, but the game could not.

By the way with the latest version BestHTTP, our game's web request response much faster(not through pc's wifi) and thank you for what you have done~

6. Namke

Namke

@BestHTTP
    I just purchase is package, open the sample and run, both wechat and weplay spawn same error
    "Err [HandshakeData]: Handshake request failed with error: Method not found: 'Org.BouncyCastle.Crypto.Tls.LegacyTlsClient..ctor'. at BestHTTP.HTTPConnection.ThreadFunc (System.Object param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

Is there are anything wrong?

7. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@suntabu: Unfortunately I'm in the dark with your issue too. I can't reproduce it, and haven't heard about similiar issues.

8. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@Namke: Hmm, what version of Unity are you using?

Edit: Quickly tried out with Unity 4.6, 5.0.2 and 5.1, they run the samples fine.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  9. Onsterion

Onsterion

Hi BestHTTP Dev,

Websockets - Socket.io should work in WebGL?

10. inlycat_unity

inlycat_unity

@BestHTTP
    I'm suntabu(@suntabu ), this is my company account which purchased BestHTTP pro. My pc connect to router by wire and share the net using 360WIFI(http://wifi.360.cn/). no proxies, no vpn
    Could you tell me some possible reasons leading to this problem or something I could try to verify anything you want to know? Thanks~~

11. tungchengvn

tungchengvn

Does BestHttp's websocket support connection with cookies?

12. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@Onsterion: WebGL builds are not supported yet.

13. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@inlycat_unity: I will look into this 360WIFi, thanks. I think the best aproach of the problem currently, that it blocks the requests somehow...

14. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@tungchengvn: Yes. You can access the internal request of the WebSocket and you can add cookies to the request. Also, it will use previously received cookies by the server automatically.

15. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@inlycat_unity: Tried out this 360WIFI and was able to reproduce it. But it think it failed to connect becouse while the signal strength was reported as strong, connecting to this wifi was failed a lot. Also, i see a lot that my device disconnected from the wifi and tried to reconnect to it.
    While these connection anomalies were there, the plugin failed to connect to the remote servers numerous times. After some time, the device was able to estabilish a reliable connection to this wifi hotspot, and suddenly all of the requests succesfully finished.

16. inlycat_unity

inlycat_unity

Thanks for replying ,but how to solve this as this 360WIFI is very popular in my country and many player complained this network problem, I could send the same request successfully which from chrome browser and other apps work fine.

17. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@inlycat_unity: Generally, you can do the following:
    • Increase the ConnectTimeout to one minute. It will let the tcp packets to reach the server and will have enough time for an answer. This will help only if the device didn't disconnects from the wifi. With high or very hight packet drop rate it may go through.
    • Retry the request on timeout errors.
    • You may want to increase the request's Timeout too. It's default to 1 minute, but you may want to double it. But it depends on how many data the server sends.

Code (CSharp):
    1. var request = new BestHTTP.HTTPRequest(new Uri("http://server.com"), (req, resp) =>
    2.     {
    3.         switch (req.State)
    4.         {
    5.             // The request finished without any problem.
    6.             case BestHTTP.HTTPRequestStates.Finished:
    7.                 if (resp.IsSuccess)
    8.                 {
    9.                     // TODO
    10.                 }
    11.                 else
    12.                     UnityEngine.Debug.LogWarning(string.Format("Request Finished Successfully, but the server sent an error. Status Code: {0}-{1} Message: {2}",
    13.                                                     resp.StatusCode,
    14.                                                     resp.Message,
    15.                                                     resp.DataAsText));
    16.                 break;
    18.             // The request finished with an unexpected error. The request's Exception property may contain more info about the error.
    19.             case BestHTTP.HTTPRequestStates.Error:
    20.                 UnityEngine.Debug.LogError("Request Finished with Error! " + (req.Exception != null ? (req.Exception.Message + "\n" + req.Exception.StackTrace) : "No Exception"));
    21.                 break;
    23.             // The request aborted, initiated by the user.
    24.             case BestHTTP.HTTPRequestStates.Aborted:
    25.                 UnityEngine.Debug.LogWarning("Request Aborted!");
    26.                 break;
    28.             // The request didn't finished in the given time.
    29.             case BestHTTP.HTTPRequestStates.TimedOut:
    30.                 UnityEngine.Debug.LogWarning("Processing the request Timed Out!");
    31.                 break;
    33.             // Ceonnecting to the server is timed out.
    34.             case BestHTTP.HTTPRequestStates.ConnectionTimedOut:
    36.                 // Re-send the request.
    38.                 int retryCount = (int)req.Tag;
    39.                 if (++retryCount < /*MaxRetryCount*/ 6)
    40.                 {
    41.                     req.Tag = retryCount;
    42.                     req.Send();
    43.                 }
    45.                 break;
    46.         }
    47.     });
    49. request.ConnectTimeout = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(1);
    50. request.Timeout = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(2);
    52. // Retry count
    53. request.Tag = 0;
    55. request.Send();

18. illuminat

illuminat

19. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@illuminat: In short: the plugin will wok fine when no keep-alive received.

By default the plugin will reuse the connection, and will close the connection when it's receives a "Connection: close" header for its Keep-Alive request.

20. illuminat

illuminat

21. Sylafrs

Sylafrs

Issue :

On Android :​

An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Net.Sockets.Socket
    at SocketEx.TcpClient.Init (AddressFamily family) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SocketEx.TcpClient..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BestHTTP.HTTPConnection.Connect () [0x0003c] in C:\HotProjects\Maif\Test_imetrik\Assets\Best HTTP (Pro)\BestHTTP\HTTPConnection.cs:436
    at BestHTTP.HTTPConnection.ThreadFunc (System.Object param) [0x0008a] in C:\HotProjects\Maif\Test_imetrik\Assets\Best HTTP (Pro)\BestHTTP\HTTPConnection.cs:201

Solution :

Player settings > Other Settings > Optimization > Stripping Level* : Disabled.​

22. KB73

KB73

Getting this aswell

1.8.0 installs with no issues
    Remove 1.8.0 and try 1.8.1 and get the same eg

BestHTTP/HTTPConnection.cs(584,71): error CS1729: The type `Org.BouncyCastle.Crypto.Tls.LegacyTlsClient' does not contain a constructor that takes `4' arguments

On Unity 5.1.0p1

Note: In iOS platform in Unity aswell

23. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@KB73 : The /Assets/Plugins folder contains a TcpClientImplementation.dll. Please remove it, and try to import the new package again. There were api changes, but seems the new dll doesn't imported, or Unity doesn't import it.

24. KB73

KB73

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    There was an old dll hanging around, 3 of the errors disappeared
    Still have one...

Assets/Best HTTP (Pro)/BestHTTP/HTTPConnection.cs(20,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Org' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

25. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@KB73: A TcpClientImplementation.dll must be in the /Assets/Plugins/ folder.

26. KB73

KB73

No dice still, it's like something is stopping the process. Simply installing 1.8.1 does not create a TcpClientImplementation.dll in the plugins folder.

Still getting the compile error. on the previous post, i can only assume the dll isn't copied/created until that process is complete?

Assets/Best HTTP (Pro)/BestHTTP/HTTPConnection.cs(20,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Org' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

27. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@KB73: Really strange.
    This morning tried the whole upgrade process from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1. While it was a success for me, as you already know sometimes can fail somehow. And now it's especially strange that no dll created.
    The whole package is just an archive, unity uncopresses new and selected files.

You might try to create a new project, and import the package there. Then you can copy the /Best HTTP (Pro)/ and /Plugins/ folder from there to the 'old' project.

28. KB73

KB73

Very bizarre, fresh project with a unity package, still occurs.

29. KB73

KB73

I notice in the downloads, 1.8.1 is 4.2Mb and the 1.8.0 is 6.7Mb, they are also named slightly differently ( BestHttp1.8.1.unitypackage vs BestHTTP-Pro-1.8.0), i'll check with the person who downloaded it..

30. KB73

KB73

If i just open up the package and look inside, 1.8.0 has the Plugins/.dll and the 1.8.1 that i was given, does not. I'll make sure that we grabbed the right version, perhaps the basic version was downloaded from the store by mistake.

31. KB73

KB73

Ok problem solved, the package wasn't re-exported correctly after it was downloaded and didn't have the missing .dll.
    Thanks for the help.

32. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@KB73

Hmm, good to know that this can happen and I'm happy that it's solved now.

33. KB73

KB73

So new project, installs fine

Current project, fails with 8 compile errors now
    Assets/Best HTTP (Pro)/BestHTTP/SignalR/Transports/ServerSentEventsTransport.cs(68,25): error CS0123: A method or delegate `BestHTTP.SignalR.Transports.ServerSentEventsTransport.OnEventSourceMessage(BestHTTP.ServerSentEvents.EventSource, Message)' parameters do not match delegate `BestHTTP.ServerSentEvents.OnMessageDelegate(BestHTTP.ServerSentEvents.EventSource, BestHTTP.ServerSentEvents.Message)' parameters

There are no references to anythign BestHTTP anywhere prior to the install.
    This is an iOS project.

34. KB73

KB73

FYI, i deleted anything to do with SignalR in the package and it compiled.

35. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@KB73:
    Seen that kind of error, but doesn't found that mail now. If i remember right, a Message class was already defined in the global namespace.

36. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

It seems Message as a class name is very popular. :)
    Just changed it that all occurencies are qualified by its namespace to avoid this problem.

37. KB73

KB73

cool, thanks :)

38. asset-mania

asset-mania

Hi,

How can I detect "SslPolicyErrors" to ValidateServerCertficate.

like RemoteCertificateValidationCallback

Code (CSharp):
    1. private static bool ValidateServerCertficate(
    2.         object sender,
    3.         X509Certificate cert,
    4.         X509Chain chain,
    5.         SslPolicyErrors sslPolicyErrors)
    6. {
    7.     if (sslPolicyErrors == SslPolicyErrors.None)
    8.     {
    9.         // Good certificate.
    10.         return true;
    11.     }
    Thanks

39. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@asset mania: There is a CustomCertificationValidator event in the HTTPRequest that is called from the RemoteCertificateValidationCallback, however the sslPolicyErrors are left out from the arguments. I left it out becouse it was very unreliable, it's remained SslPolicyErros.None on invalid certs too..

I would recommed to switch to the alternete ssl handler, and write a custom verifier.

40. EddieSpengler

EddieSpengler

I'm having an error where I occasionally get a null response. It was working fine over http but having changed to https it seems to happen pretty regularly and not often in the same place. I get the error instantly, it almost seems like it's skipping straight past the request and firing the callback right away without a response.

I tried to look in to the request.Exception but I get an 'Array index out of range' error. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

41. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@EddieSpengler: Without a stack trace, i can think only one place where it should throw an "Array index ..." exception. It's generated when the server closes the tcp channel, and the plugin doesn't know about it.

While a a stack trace would be welcome, you can try out these things:
    • You can try out the alternate ssl handler by setting the request's UseAlternateSSLHandler to true. It will skip the mono implementation and will use the bundled Bouncy Castle's. It's a more advanced implementation and supports Server Name Indication too.
    • You can try to disable the keep alive mechanism by setting the requests' IsKeepAlive property to false. It will not wait until the server unexpectedly closes the connection.
    • You can decrease the HTTPManager.MaxConnectionIdleTime, to 10-15 sec(HTTPManager.MaxConnectionIdleTime = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(10) ; ). It will close the connection when no request sent in the given time.

42. asset-mania

asset-mania

thank you for reply
    I'm not sure about X509CertificateStructure and
    I was able to find X509Certificate articles, but was not able to find X509CertificateStructure articles

Please tell me url of the sample if you know.

thanks

43. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@asset mania: Unfortunately this is an area where I'm very unexperienced too, but maybe @codeStrider can help how to write a working validator.

44. EddieSpengler

EddieSpengler

@BestHTTP the MaxConnectionIdleTime idea seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

45. Dynamoid-Megan

Dynamoid-Megan

@BestHTTP Everything is working great so far, (thank you!) though I'm stuck on how to parse strings from lists within an object received.
    For example, how would I get the "answers" from the following API code?
    {"name":"Object01","description":"An object","id":2,"question":"What is 1 + 1","user":13,
    "answers":[{"text":"2","correct":true,"id":4},{"text":"11","correct":false,"id":5},{"text":"200","correct":false,"id":6}]
    ,"active":false},
    I am able to get the "name" and "description" and so forth, but the List (nested objects?) doesn't turn the data into strings with the code I've been using so I need some help with that, please!

46. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@Dynamoid Megan: You can use the bundled json parser if you wish. Using it you would write something like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. string jsonText = @"{""name"":""Object01"",""description"":""An object"",""id"":2,""question"":""What is 1 + 1"",""user"":13, ""answers"":[{""text"":""2"",""correct"":true,""id"":4},{""text"":""11"",""correct"":false,""id"":5},{""text"":""200"",""correct"":false,""id"":6}] ,""active"":false}";
    2. var decoded = BestHTTP.JSON.Json.Decode(jsonText) as Dictionary<string, object>;
    4. Debug.Log(decoded["name"]);
    6. var answersList = decoded["answers"] as List<object>;
    8. for (int i = 0; i < answersList.Count; ++i)
    9. {
    10.     var answer = answersList[i] as Dictionary<string, object>;
    12.     Debug.Log(string.Format(" Answer Id: {0} Text: '{1}' Correct: {2}", answer["id"], answer["text"], answer["correct"]));
    13. }

47. Dynamoid-Megan

Dynamoid-Megan

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly for what I needed! =D

48. Alcaros

Alcaros

I Import package version 1.8.1. and get this error.

Assets/Best HTTP (Pro)/BestHTTP/ServerSentEvents/EventSourceResponse.cs(19,63): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IProtocol' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Where is the IProtocol interface file? I'm sure I import all of package files into a project.

49. BestHTTP

BestHTTP

@Alcaros: It's in the HTTPResponse.cs. You should delete the /Best HTTP (Pro)/ folder and reimport the package.

50. Alcaros

Alcaros

OK. It works! Thank you very much.