Search Unity

Best Free World Builder Software for Commercial Use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrSandvich, Sep 13, 2019.

1. DrSandvich

DrSandvich

Hey everyone. I and a very small team of another 2 individuals have been creating an online FPS for a couple of months and I've recently begun searching for good external World Builder with exporting support for Unity. I've searched the Unity Store as well, but so far I haven't been able to find a good product with a certified license for Commercial Use, so I would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest one such product for us.

Thanks in advance :)

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Probuilder is the most obvious. It's now an official unity product available from the package manager. It's integrated in to Unity so that you can build levels right in the Unity editor.

If you want a more powerful 3D editor, I recommend Blender. Then you'll have to edit your level in a separate editor, but once you add a Blender file or FBX into your Unity project library then you can directly save or export over that file so you can update it without having to re-import it every time.

3. kdgalla

kdgalla

By the way, just about every product on the AssetStore is licensed for commercial use. Unless the description specifically says it has a certain license then the product is automatically covered by Unity's AssetStore terms of service, which allows for commercial use.

4. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner

I like Blender, personally. You'll have total control over texturing, vertex placement, sculpting, meshes...

5. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Define world building?

If its general 3d modeling you need, blender is the only free choice.