Search Unity

best free blogging platform 2019?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yoonitee, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoonitee

yoonitee

I don't know if it's particularly worth doing in this day and age but what is a good free blogging platform for 2019?

Generally I don't bother with personal websites, since I think these days most people would prefer to stay on their platform of choice such as YouTube or Steam (or Unity Forum) and not have to bother going to unfamiliar websites. (I hardly ever do).

But I guess it might be useful to bring together say my YouTube videos, and Steam games into one place since neither platform is very good at linking to the other one. (And neither are very good at linking to external blogging platforms either).

I'm not really going to be blogging. Merely collating my various related media into one place. And maybe have like extra information and "lore" about the characters and worlds in my games/videos. To kind of bring them all together.

What do you think is best these days, using a social media platform like Instagram/Snapchat/whatever-is-the-latest-thing, a blogger platform like Blogspot or just doing it manually like making an HTML/php website and uploading it to Google appspot? (I don't much like Facebook.) Or just not doing it at all?

2. RichardKain

RichardKain

There's no substitute to having your own website. Of course, that wouldn't be free, but there is still no substitute.

3. Antypodish

Antypodish

There is only so much you can do on Steam, redit, Unity forum etc. Post some videos, images and text. Then chances are, your threads will get hurried, if are not popular, or not attractive.

With a page, you can present content as you like, and what you like. Add comment, or not. You cqn put content, for which you could get negative reviews, or even spawn haters. On your page you can can completely be free of that if you want. You can use it as marketing tool. Addd online shop and link to pages, you think may be relevant. Including social medias. Add own theme etc.

And for the most important, you can define keyword, and content, to allow search engines find your pages, and redirect user to your page. So if your content has unique keywords, it will be easier to find your page on internet.

Also, no one will tell you off, if you decide write on your page about politics for example. Or speculate about online game stores. You are master, no one else will close down the page. You can change the content and remove it If you like. And add multi language support.

These are to only name few advantages, amongst many more.

PS. Not everyone like to go on steam, or youtube for example, to read bout game. Own page about game, may add seriousness and discoverability about your product.

4. Unity Connect? :trytoflee:

Antypodish likes this.
  5. Antypodish

Antypodish

Definitely making link to own web portfolio, if you are freelancing, or job offering.

6. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.