Search Unity

Best/Cleanest Way to Import Hand-Drawn Animations Into Unity from Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by AwesomeBRINKS, Jul 19, 2022.

1. AwesomeBRINKS

AwesomeBRINKS

Apologies if this isn't the right category for this post, but how exactly do I take a hand-drawn animation made in Photoshop using the video timeline, and import to Unity?

The PSD importer only seems to import layers from a PSD file and my entire run cycle is on a single video layer in Photoshop so the multiple frames of the animation don't seem to show up in Unity.

Is there some kind of workaround for this?

I have also tried to export the run cycle as a gif and then import that into Unity but that didn't work either and after doing some research, Unity doesn't seem to fully support importing gifs like that.

Any help is appreciated on this. I just need to somehow get my run animation from Photoshop into a format that Unity will treat the same as an animation that was imported from the asset store or something. But ive never done hand-drawn animation before so this whole process is new to me

2. arfish

arfish

Hello,

The tutorial says something about saving the Photoshop file as a PSB file. And something about avoiding layers. And some other things to consider.

3. ThirdEyeBlindGames

ThirdEyeBlindGames

Is this video also helpful for doing the same task (Importing a premade hand drawn gif) but instead of it being from PHOTOSHOP i am pulling it from PROCREATE.