Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Best audio solution at scale

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by snacktime, Oct 18, 2019.

1. snacktime

snacktime

I've been following the new DSP Graph stuff in DOTS but that's too early at this point.

But scale is something we do in most places in our game and the plan for audio is no different. So I'm looking for the best solution to plug in right now, and potentially use at release unless the DOTS stuff matures more.

We will have thousands of logical audio sources in a scene, mid to high 5 figures. How that translates in implementation I'm flexible but the priority is low main thread utilization and as data driven as possible. Having Monobehaviors on assets is not even an option here because very little of what is in a scene is represented by gameobjects.

Wwise and FMOD seem to be popular I was glancing at those. Not an audio guy so not really up to speed on what would fit our scenario the best.

2. jerotas

jerotas

I would encourage you to check out our Master Audio plugin in my signature below. It scales well due to several unique features such as the ambient sound script. You can email us with specific questions at support@darktonic.com

Thanks!

3. sdochertymusic

sdochertymusic

It sounds like literally DOTS is what you need ... Otherwise you will need to dynamically handle audio sources and either move/destroy them constantly so you will need an overall manager script for that ...

But basically, DOTS.