Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[BEST ARTISTIC TOOL - UNITY AWARDS 2019] Aura 2 - Volumetric Lighting & Fog

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raphick, Feb 27, 2019.

1. koirat

koirat

Unity3d 2019.2.6 testing examples. After hitting pause and resume there is no fog or scattering in play mode anymore.

2. yigitekimdemir

yigitekimdemir

Hello, I am quite new to Unity and I am getting an error while building my game which includes Aura 2 presets.

When I build it, it gives me error below even though it completes the building process.

Pixel sizes of texture "Aura Directional Light : Shadow Map Render Texture (UnityEngine.RenderTexture)" (512x512) does not match the required size of 512pixels for width and 256pixels for height.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    Aura2API.Texture2DArrayComposer:AddTexture(Texture) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/Texture2DArrayComposer.cs:154)
    Aura2API.LightsCommonDataManager:RegisterLight(AuraLight) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/LightsCommonDataManager.cs:420)
    Aura2API.AuraLight:Initialize() (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:478)
    Aura2API.AuraLight:OnEnable() (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:285)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Would you please kindly help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    jesscorp, SamRock, DemoSword and 3 others like this.
  3. TheGreySpy

TheGreySpy

Hello, i'm new to aura 2 so i'm not sure if i'm missing something but when I import aura 2 into a new project the toolbox doesn't open automatically and i'm not sure how to open it. I'd appreciate any help thank you.

4. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

PhoenixAdvanced and atomicjoe like this.
  5. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

I'm trying to get this effect of low fog filling a valley. I can use a planar volume but it disappears if I am too far above it. Is it possible to have it visible from farther away? Thanks

6. ManiaCCC

ManiaCCC

In Aura Camera -> Quality settings, there should be range settings, which sets how far from camera will aura render your aura elements.

7. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Perfect, thanks. That setting doesn't appear to work in scene view which was throwing me off. Works in game.

8. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Hi @raphick,
    I'm trying to implement Aura 2 ito my project, build is "succesfull" but then I see some red informations in console.
    What it gives, it looks like there is no any "Aura 2" effect on android built. i also tried to build your example scenes. Here are screnshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/mitvmpK
    If you want more informations I'll be back there in 4-5 hours,
    Cheers,
    Kamil

9. generalknow

generalknow

I dont think it will work on android...

Aura 2 was developed and tested on Windows and DirectX11.
    Other platforms and Consoles are on their way but are currently not guaranteed.
    However, Aura 2 have been reported successfully working on MacOs + Metal.

10. raphick

raphick

Hi everybody!
    I was rushing to finish and polish the major update 2.1

Now I will catch up with the humble bundle wave and will come back to answer you guys asap!

Thank you very much in the meantime for helping each others. I really appreciate.

11. raphick

raphick

Major Update 2.1

is up with a bunch of great new features and improvements

Spread the word!

Aura2-Update2.1.png

12. iamontresor

iamontresor

Does it already support URP? Probably a link to this and the patch notes would be helpful Thanks!

13. racsosoi

racsosoi

I have the asset of aura 2.

and I have realized that it is not compatible if you make a video game in virtual reality.

Has anyone tried using aura 2 in a VR project?

Do you have any solution?

I love this aset and it's a shame not to be able to use it in my VR project.

Thank you

14. raphick

raphick

Aura 2 works very well with VR. There are a lot of projects currently going on.
    Maybe the platform is not supported or needs additional work on your side?

15. marco-maceratesi

marco-maceratesi

Hello,
    After updating to 2.1 i have a bunch of errors (although I completely delete the aura 2 folder)
    Unity version: 2019.2.10f1

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Aura2API.SceneViewToolbox.ComputeRects () (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Editor/Editors/SceneViewToolbox.cs:574)
    Aura2API.SceneViewToolbox.OnSceneViewGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Editor/Editors/SceneViewToolbox.cs:425)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:3310)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2539)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2400)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:359)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:353)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:329)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:374)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:341)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:298)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:483)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:466)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:447)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatchUtilities.PropagateEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/IEventDispatchingStrategy.cs:64)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseEventDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/MouseEventDispatchingStrategy.cs:59)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:280)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:156)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:190)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:255)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Aura2API.FrustumSettings.get_QualitySettings () (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/FrustumSettings.cs:80)
    Aura2API.ObjectsCuller`1[T].Update (UnityEngine.Camera referenceCamera, Aura2API.FrustumSettings settings) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/ObjectsCuller.cs:143)
    Aura2API.PointLightsManager.Camera_onPreRender (UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/PointLightsManager.cs:129)
    UnityEngine.Camera.FireOnPreRender (UnityEngine.Camera cam) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Camera/Camera.bindings.cs:351)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

#######################################################################

I also tried to start my scene but I get the following error:

Attempting to bind Texture ID 1917 as UAV, the texture wasn't created with the UAV usage flag set!
    UnityEngine.ComputeShader:SetTexture(Int32, String, Texture)
    Aura2API.Frustum:ComputeData() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/Frustum.cs:501)
    Aura2API.AuraCamera:OnRenderImage(RenderTexture, RenderTexture) (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraCamera.cs:206)

After I restarted Unity the only error is the following:
    Assets\Aura 2\Core\Code\Extensions\Gaia\Aura2GaiaExtension.cs(147,116): error CS0117: 'OcclusionCullingAccuracy' does not contain a definition for 'Highest'

I've fixed manually by removing the comment on the OcclusionCullingAccuracy enum.
    Now everything it's working fine and no more errors...

Maybe the latest version of unity?

Thanks and best regards

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  16. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

Hi @raphick

What is the best way to uninstall Aura1?

I bought Aura2, but haven't installed it yet. Also seems like there's some bugs\ issues with Aura2? I'm already in production, should I make the switch at this point?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  17. andrewiscoding

andrewiscoding

Hi,

I bought Aura 2 recently, very excited to see it in action.

However, I'm having issues on a new project using Unity 2018.4.11f1 (LTS) on Mac OS Catalina, target device is an Oculus Quest.
    Brand new project with the inclusion of the Oculus Integration 1.41 package.

I'm unable to find a guide to help me in this scenario, does any one know of one?

It may be something I need to configure in my project.. I'd appreciate some pointers.

Issues in the console:
    "Metal: Compute shader (ComputeDataComputeShader.ComputeDataBuffer) has 512 threads in a threadgroup which is more than the supported max of 256 in this device"

"This plateform is not supported, Aura 2 will be disabled. Please check the requirements by double-clicking on this message or in the documentation."

Thanks,

Andy

18. ChinChiaYeh

ChinChiaYeh

Hi there,
    We got some errors after updated to Aura 2.1 in Unity 2018.3.10f1

IndexOutOfRangeException: Invalid kernelIndex (0) passed, must be non-negative less than 0.
    Aura2API.Frustum.SetFrustumGridResolution (UnityEngine.Vector3Int frustumGridResolution) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/Frustum.cs:902)
    Aura2API.Frustum..ctor (Aura2API.FrustumSettings frustumSettings, UnityEngine.Camera camera, Aura2API.AuraCamera auraComponent) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/Frustum.cs:203)
    Aura2API.AuraCamera.Initialize () (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/AuraCamera.cs:277)
    Aura2API.AuraCamera.OnEnable () (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/AuraCamera.cs:177)
    UnityEngine.Behaviour:set_enabled()
    Aura2API.HierarchyToggle:HierarchyWindowItemOnGUI(Int32, Rect) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Editor/Editors/HierarchyToggle.cs:65)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Invalid kernelIndex (0) passed, must be non-negative less than 0.
    Aura2API.Frustum.SetFrustumGridResolution (UnityEngine.Vector3Int frustumGridResolution) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/Frustum.cs:902)
    Aura2API.Frustum..ctor (Aura2API.FrustumSettings frustumSettings, UnityEngine.Camera camera, Aura2API.AuraCamera auraComponent) (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/Frustum.cs:203)
    Aura2API.AuraCamera.Initialize () (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/AuraCamera.cs:277)
    Aura2API.AuraCamera.OnEnable () (at Assets/Aura 2/System/Code/Classes/AuraCamera.cs:177)
    UnityEditor.EditorUtility:CopySerializedIfDifferent(Object, Object)
    UnityEditorInternal.ComponentUtility:ReplaceComponentsIfDifferent(GameObject, GameObject, IsDesiredComponent) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ComponentUtility.cs:67)

Dridrar likes this.
  19. racsosoi

racsosoi

I have already done several tests and I have solved several problems that I had with the aura in virtual reality.
    But there is one that I can't fix.

I hope you can help me.

In the following photos you can see on the left a distortion that I don't know because it appears.

From the inside of the viewfinder, this distortion is seen both to the left and to the right of the viewfinder, but it can only be seen on the monitor on the left.

this distortion is only seen when you are inside fogs that you create with auras of aura

I hope you can help me

Thank you very much in advance.

PD: sorry for my bad English

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  20. madawe

madawe

Since updating Aura2GaiaExtension.cs is looking for a setting
    OcclusionCullingAccuracy.Highest that no longer is an option. Just FYI

21. gkara

gkara

@raphick I bought Aura 2 with the HB deal but it didn't work out too good in my scene.
    So I deleted the Aura folder. But now I get some warning messages about referenced scripts missing in these two settings:
    - Default Aura Quality Settings
    - New Aura Quality Settings

How do I delete those two (files?) too?
    Thanks

22. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

I have the same issue. Is there a fix?

23. Subliminum

Subliminum

The fix is a few comments up the forum if i'm not mistaken

After I restarted Unity the only error is the following:
    Assets\Aura 2\Core\Code\Extensions\Gaia\Aura2GaiaExtension.cs(147,116): error CS0117: 'OcclusionCullingAccuracy' does not contain a definition for 'Highest'

I've fixed manually by removing the comment on the OcclusionCullingAccuracy enum.
    Now everything it's working fine and no more errors...

Maybe the latest version of unity?

Thanks and best regards

24. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Thanks, I ended up changing the line from .highest to .high
    That seemed to work.

raphick and Subliminum like this.
  25. Mister-D

Mister-D

this might have been asked before but does this work in lwrp?

26. Mauri

Mauri

In the Asset Store description it says:

raphick likes this.
  27. raphick

raphick

Hi all!

The first problem is just in my opinion some issue when hot deloading, reloading Aura 2 in the editor. you did just well by rebooting the editor.
    I am about to submit a fix for the second issue.

Write down all you values as a starting point, remove the Aura folder, reboot then reimport and report all your noted values in the new Aura 2 objects. There is no automatable way. Sorry about that.

I have submitted a fix for the first message.
    The second message might indicate that there is something not compatible with Aura 2 on your setup.

Do you have scales on your camera?

Thanks! I am about to submit a fix for this issue.

Have a great day!

28. racsosoi

racsosoi

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by scales.
    I have simply implemented aura2 and steamVR plugin in a new project and I see those distortions on the sides of the viewer.
    I have not yet played with the aura options so I do not know very well, I am waiting to solve this distortion to be able to play with the aura2 options

but if you refer to the scattering option, if I have modified it, I have set it to 0 as in 1 and it does not solve this distortion

29. mons00n

mons00n

I was excited to see some non-DX patch notes so I downloaded the most recent version and gave it a shot on my mac. Unfortunately none of the example scenes seemed to produce any volumetric effects, nor did it show in scene view (even after toggling aura editor preview on/off).
    ^This is on Unity 2018.4.11f1 on macOS Mojave. I do get a few warnings but I'm not sure if they would prevent it from working.

This warning shows up when I open a demo scene:
    Code (csharp):
    2. OnRenderImage() possibly didn't write anything to the destination texture!
    3. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    And I get 3 of these when I press play:
    Code (csharp):
    2. GarbageCollector disposing of ComputeBuffer allocated in /Users/user/Documents/Unity/MyProject/Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/SpotLightsManager.cs at line 95. Please use ComputeBuffer.Release() or .Dispose() to manually release the buffer.
    3. UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer:Finalize()

30. Maskvp

Maskvp

Hi~~

VR Single Pass Stereo in Unity2018.3.10f1 is good

VR Single Pass Stereo in Unity2019.2.10f1 is bad

We need help to use Unity2019.2.10f1

31. raphick

raphick

Is there any scale other than 1 in any transform in the hierarchy of the camera?

MacOS is not officially supported. However, are you sure your setup is compatible with compute shaders? any error at import?

What's bad exactly?

32. Maskvp

Maskvp

Hi Raphick

VR Single Pass Stereo in Unity2019.2.10f1 is bad (see image thx)

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      282.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      352.5 KB
      Views:
  33. raphick

raphick

I see! thanks

34. mons00n

mons00n

My setup is compatible with compute shaders. I use them in my project and have other assets that utilize them (i.e. veg studio pro). No import errors unfortunately.

edit: I should also mention that previous versions (I tried a month or so ago) mostly worked. It was kind of unstable in that it would work at times and then stop working wherein toggling it would bring it back.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  35. raphick

raphick

Can you go to the compute shaders' directory, select one and see if it throws some error in the inspector (not the console)?

36. mons00n

mons00n

Sure thing! Sent you a PM on discord to avoid spamming the forums.

37. racsosoi

racsosoi

I don't think so, but I'm sorry for being such a rookie, I don't understand what you mean

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  38. AndrewJamesBowen

AndrewJamesBowen

Did you resolve this? I'm also getting this :(

39. AndrewJamesBowen

AndrewJamesBowen

Should Aura 2 (or 1?) work with WebGL

I have not seen it mentioned in either documentation.

Attached a screenshot of my Unity scene vs browser running the same game.

Latest Aura 2 + 2019.2.10f

Graphics set to ultra by default for everything.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  40. naelstrof

naelstrof

Just updated Aura, and I'm getting an error that prevents it from working:
    It makes the editor camera wig out like so: https://i.imgur.com/pKzri0V.png

41. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Whats your current road-map for updating Aura 2 for 2019 and above. I know it's not supported, and some people seem to have gotten it to work, but it causes massive lag and even at Density settings of 0.15, the screen is completely displaying a fog like state, in which you cant really see anything. Are you planning on working on an iteration for 2019, and if so, what time frames are you looking at. Also, My setup does support all of the necessary functionality.

42. Subliminum

Subliminum

When i run Aura in 2019.2.3f1 everything seems to work fine? works.jpg

43. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Trying on 2019.2.10 and can't get it to work.
    Getting this error too. Any fix in the works?

44. Subliminum

Subliminum

When your error says 0 is invalid and then says 0 must be a non-negative less then 0, lol! Coding woes

dsilverthorn likes this.
  45. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

@Subliminum Yes. How confusing is that!
    and I have no idea how to fix the code.
    Aura worked great in 2018, now I've moved to 2019 and I can't get it to work.

Subliminum likes this.
  46. Subliminum

Subliminum

Which .NET framework does your project use?

47. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I believe it’s 4.6

48. Subliminum

Subliminum

Try Importing it into a project using .NET 4x, im using Unity 2019.2.3f1 with .NET 4x Framework and i can't get any of these issues to appear,...perhaps this is playing a part somehow?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  49. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    The strange thing is when I first added it to 2019, it worked. Then, I continued my scene design and now it is not.
    I'm not so sure how stable this new Unity version is right now. It seems I'm always getting things no one else gets.:confused:

50. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

I'm getting nothing but over fogging, with the settings that I posted. That's my favorite line from any and all developers. It worked on my machine!!! :)

I'm using 2019.2.10f1 now, along with Enviro Standard (No fog enabled). I'll post a couple of screenshots on Discord.

Rob

dsilverthorn and Subliminum like this.