Search Unity

[BEST ARTISTIC TOOL - UNITY AWARDS 2019] Aura 2 - Volumetric Lighting & Fog

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raphick, Feb 27, 2019.

1. raphick

raphick

Hi. No idea.
    Is aura applied in your scene?

2. khos

khos

Hmm, will Aura3 be free upgrade to Aura2?

atomicjoe likes this.
  3. raphick

raphick

no a free update but i am looking a fair solution for everyone (with no promise at all)

4. khos

khos

Will you update/support Aura2 in future too?

atomicjoe likes this.
  5. raphick

raphick

Yes of course!
    Support will still continue.
    There will still be updates as well.
    Time scope for the end of support will be announced when the built-in renderer will become deprecated.

Mark_01 and khos like this.
  6. Daahrien

Daahrien

So Aura 3 is for the URP because the built in will be deprecated?

or what is new in A3?

7. raphick

raphick

You got it!

You'll see it!

:)

Daahrien likes this.
  8. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

Hi @raphick

Does Aura2 support Consoles? (PS\xbox\Switch)

Does Aura3?

Thank you:)

atomicjoe likes this.
  9. vlastan

vlastan

What is the proper way of completely disable Aura2 at runtime?
    The way i was doing it was by disabling the aura camera component, but i still get a massive performance hit on older machines.

10. mesler

mesler

Having issues with Unity 2019.4.16 and Oculus Integrations OVR or XR plus Oculus plugin. I am using latest postprocessing (should I use v2?) Getting these sporadically or during build:

Shader error in 'Hidden/Aura2/PostProcessShader': undeclared
    identifier 'sampler_CameraDepthTexture' at line 75 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with STEREO_INSTANCING_ON AURA
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS
    UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1
    UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING
    UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP
    UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

Error building Player: Shader error in
    'Hidden/Aura2/PostProcessShader': undeclared identifier
    'sampler_CameraDepthTexture' at line 75 (on d3d11

Thanks!

11. brainache

brainache

Heya... love the asset so far! Running into an issue using Gaia Pro & CTS - the sun and moon render through the terrain and player... searched for any kind of layer control but couldnt find anything... and I dont think the layer volume is for this... any suggestions?

Thanks!

12. jesscorp

jesscorp

Did you solve this? I am getting same error trying to deploy to android.. Can't find solution.

13. Kenshin2018

Kenshin2018

upload_2020-12-24_18-5-27.png

Please help! While moving Aura2 volume on spot light it has blur. How can I make a more clear torchlight?

14. Levr01

Levr01

Use volume Aure Volume object - and try change Destiny parameter

15. raphick

raphick

Hey! I answered this on the discord server, I don't know if it was you :)
    There are issues currently with the directional lights' shadows on most consoles but the rest works as long as the technical requirements are met.
    Aura 3 will hopefully work without issue.

Unity introduced very inconsistant bugs, not the same from a version to another, from 2019.4+ with their stereo rendering pipeline. I have to find a workaround for every other bug on each unity version

Do they cast Shadows?

Are you up to date? PS you'll need to make sure the target meet the technical requirements.

You can indeed use a volume and also play with the reprojection factor

Cheers!

16. Kenshin2018

Kenshin2018

OK,It works! Thank you!

17. Fatbot

Fatbot

Hey, guys!

We'd like to use Aura 2 for our upcoming project, but we need to know if it's compatible with Alloy Shaders first. I'm asking this because, for instance, Hx Volumetric plug-in required us to hack Alloy Shaders to make them both work together. Which is fine. We only need to know that there is a solution if Aura 2 is not be compatible with Alloys right off the bat.

Thank you!

18. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

We just completed final editing to our latest video, "Apollo's Dream", and it will be coming soon to our YouTube channel.
    Using Aura 2 to wonderful results.

Aetherial87 and raphick like this.
  19. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

20. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

First of all, congratulations on the asset. The best of its kind. And I've tried so many.
    I have a problem in the Aura 2 inspector. As shown in the shot (the arrow indicates that I am at maximum dpwn with the inspector scroll).

The strange thing is that this is the second project I use Aura 2 on and in the previous one I didn't have this problem. Same version of Unity. How can I solve?

21. Tselinoyarsk

Tselinoyarsk

Yes, if you could share your modified ocean shader I'd appreciate it! Thanks. :)

22. Tselinoyarsk

Tselinoyarsk

You don't want the spaces in the file location.

Replace it with this instead:

#include "Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Shaders/Aura.cginc"

23. raphick

raphick

Hi! AFAIK Alloy is for Unity 5. I would not recommend using it. However, as long as your shader is "Opaque" there shouldn't be any problems. Transparent shaders will require modifications indeed.

Congratulations! That's an awesome personal achievement!

That's Aura 1 not Aura 2

I did share with you on the Discord server or wasn't it you?

24. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

Thanks for the response. Hopefully is a bit scary haha. :eek::oops::DI love the tool and would upgrade to Aura3 so I can use the fog across the entire game, but if it doesn't work on consoles, it's a bit unfortunate. I have Aura2, but I haven't attempted to run it on dev kits just yet.

25. raphick

raphick

Not everything is in my hands :rolleyes:

Tselinoyarsk likes this.
  26. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

Ok looking forward to hearing the updates! I'd love to get Aura3 running on consoles! :D

27. syphon1977

syphon1977

When I add Aura 2 to the camera everything is very very dark. Unity 2020.2.1 and 2019.4.17

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  28. raphick

raphick

Do you have any message in the console?

29. ratking

ratking

Was this ever solved? I get this too in my own scene, and it's very annoying.

30. ratking

ratking

No support here?

31. raphick

raphick

Sorry I am recovering from a very string illness. This has been answered several times. This is not an error, this is actually a warning issued only in the editor, because of Unity handling their flow differently. It is harmless and will not propagate in a build.

ratking and dsilverthorn like this.
  32. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Get well soon!

33. sayginkarahan

sayginkarahan

Hello @mmaclaurin, I'm working on the same issue for days. Could you share the Aura 2 integrated version of the ocean shader, please?

34. Meishin

Meishin

Hi !
    I'm struggling with a wierd issue, any pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated ;
    I'm instantiating player with it's camera at runtime (after disabling a dummy scene camera) and i have 1 directional light with Aura2 sitting in the scene ;
    1 - After instantiating the Camera, Aura2 does not seem to work (can't see the effect).
    2 - After Manually disabling and re-enabling Aura2Camera, i also have to disable & re-enable Aura2Light for it to take effect
    3 - Now when i start a Dialogue using Pixel Crusher Dialogue System, this error starts to spam :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Graphics.CopyTexture called with null source texture
    2. UnityEngine.Graphics:CopyTexture(Texture, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Texture, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32)
    3. Aura2API.Texture2DArrayComposer:Generate() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/Texture2DArrayComposer.cs:227)
    4. Aura2API.LightsCommonDataManager:GenerateLightsMaps() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/LightsCommonDataManager.cs:791)
    5. Aura2API.LightsCommonDataManager:Update() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/LightsCommonDataManager.cs:450)
    6. Aura2API.CommonDataManager:UpdateData() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/CommonDataManager.cs:105)
    7. Aura2API.AuraCamera:OnRenderImage(RenderTexture, RenderTexture) (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraCamera.cs:226)
    8. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    I checked Dialogue System takes control of the camera, deactivate and re-activate its gameobject (so the Aura2Camera), and.. thats all.

4 - After that, if i manually disable / re-enable Aura2Light on the Directional Light, i get 2 errors :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. null buffer passed to RemoveCommandBuffer
    2. UnityEngine.Light:RemoveCommandBuffer(LightEvent, CommandBuffer)
    3. Aura2API.AuraLight:Uninitialize() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:479)
    4. Aura2API.AuraLight:OnDisable() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:312)
    5. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Aura2API.AuraLight.Uninitialize () (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:481)
    3. Aura2API.AuraLight.OnDisable () (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:312)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    5 - If i disable the AuraCamera before disabling the Aura2Light i get :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    2. Parameter name: index
    3. System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
    4. System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
    5. Aura2API.AuraCamera.IsFirstRegisteredCamera (UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraCamera.cs:317)
    6. Aura2API.AuraLight.Camera_onPreCull (UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:556)
    7. UnityEngine.Camera.FireOnPreCull (UnityEngine.Camera cam) (at <04258d1cdc1044248c2a17a6a31a3cf7>:0)
    8. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Note that i'm using Enviro & Uber Shaders.

Would you have any ideas on how to get those fixed ?
    Thanks in advance !

35. Meishin

Meishin

Update on my issue : 3/4/5 can be reproduced just by activating and deactivating a camera with an AuraCamera within a single frame

Code (CSharp):
    1. myCameraGameObject.SetActive(false);
    2. myCameraGameObject.SetActive(true);

36. GrapePaste

GrapePaste

Using Aura 2 on multiple cameras doesn't work for me. I'm trying to create a cutscene using Unity's timeline window, but when I switch from the main camera to a cutscene camera everything becomes shrouded in fog. Does anyone know a fix, or is this just a bug that needs updating?

37. Rowlan

Rowlan

I just added Aura 2 to my project and have 2 problems:

* there's a clearly visible border on the top and to the right side
    * the volume has clearly visible noise bubbles and lines

Does anyone have a hint for me about how to get rid of those? It looks like this animated:

Or as a pic, the red lines should resemble bubbles

bubbles.jpg
    Thank you very much for the help!

38. irfanaabbaxi

irfanaabbaxi

I'm experiencing a problem that has to do with occlusion. The occlusion works fine upto a certain distance, however when i move the camera further in birds eye view, the occlusion doesn't work. The fog is rendered in a box volume, inside a building and the bounds are within the confines of the wall.

39. lametta

lametta

Hi, I apologise for my English, I am using online translators.
    I have a question that is probably of simple solution, but I am a beginner with no programming language knowledge and I have no idea how to do it.
    I have purchased the Aura2 assets and I am very pleased with the results that can be achieved in a few steps, and I am very happy with the choice I have made.
    To develop my game, I am using an asset called Adventure Creator which gives the possibility to create a graphic adventure without programming knowledge.
    The assets Aura2 and Adventure Creator can work together and I get a beautiful result in creating the light beams in some places in the game.
    My question is this; in Unity I set in the game options, the possibility to choose the graphic quality, by going to Unity preferences and creating 3 levels of settings, high, medium and low (where I set the number of lights, texture resolution, shadows etc. etc.).
    Is it possible to make it so that by setting the low quality I can disable Aura2, while for medium and high settings it can be reactivated?
    If it's possible to do this through a script, could you please pass me this Aura2 enable/disable script so that I can create a link to it on Adventure Creator?
    Thank you in advance for your time and responses.

40. ratking

ratking

With the standard built-in render pipeline. Aura 3 apparently will support the SRPs, but not the built-in pipeline.

41. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

42. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Apollo's Dream II is now live!
    A ton of work went into this one, I hope everyone will enjoy it.
    Creating beauty with Unity for a Virtual Experience with an original soundtrack is a lot of fun and I hope it shows in the video.

Environment for this old west experience is achieved with Aura 2, a fantastic asset to create the perfect atmosphere!!

43. Tretiak

Tretiak

Hi i started to use aura 2 recently and want to ask, what is the best practice for making volumes of various shapes ? For example make volume of shape "L", for best performace should I use 2x box volumes and place them next to each other ? or is there better / smarter way ? Also is there performace decrease when I multiple volumes are overlaping ? Im using latest version

44. lametta

lametta

Sorry guys, but I wrote about 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a response.
    Most likely the developer is having trouble doing this, I've read previous posts that he got a bad disease.
    Is there anyone who can help me, I would like to know if there is a way to enable/disable Aura2 at runtime, so that I can put a button in the options menu of the game, and let the player decide whether to enable it or not.
    Anyone who can give me any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

45. Mauri

Mauri

@lametta You can access "Aura Camera" on your MainCamera like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. //Important to add on top of your script - otherwise you can't access anything Aura related
    3. using Aura2API;
    5. Camera.main.GetComponent<AuraCamera>();
    I don't know how your scripts look like, but you should get the idea.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  46. lametta

lametta

47. Mauri

Mauri

48. lametta

lametta

@Mauri Yes, I know and participate in that forum, thank you for the help, you were very kind.

49. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! @raphick how do I get this asset to work on build? Using unity 2019.4.13f1 and latest aura 2.. built in pipeline

50. Tretiak

Tretiak

i want to place multiple box volumes next to each other to create more complex volume shape .. is it performant?