Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[BEST ARTISTIC TOOL - UNITY AWARDS 2019] Aura 2 - Volumetric Lighting & Fog

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raphick, Feb 27, 2019.

1. CJA_888

CJA_888

Hellow.

Excuse me, I bought your Aura2. I would like to ask how to add dynamic cookies to Aura2 ?

2. AL_W

AL_W

Hi @raphick

How can we disable the button here? I keep pressing it by accident and then need to wait 30 seconds for Aura2 to load things.

screenshot.47.jpg

dsilverthorn likes this.
  3. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hello, I did an integration of Aura 2 fog with Crest ocean shader. The surface of the ocean shades very well, but unfortunately the underwater terrain is also fogged, which makes it appear to glow through the water. it's subtle enough in clear conditions, but in thick fog looks quite wrong. Do you have any suggestions for how to address this?

I'm using the open source version of Crest in this case. It's quite excellent and would be amazing with Aura if I can figure out this last glitch.

Tselinoyarsk and dsilverthorn like this.
  4. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I would like to be able to disable this button as well. The accidental hitting of it is a pain sometimes. :)

AL_W likes this.
  5. raphick

raphick

Hello guys!

I'll have to put that option in the edition settings

Can you show your results and how it gives bad results?

I am at the hospital right now cuddling with my newborn baby girl :rolleyes:

Please allow a few days until next week and I'll come back to you.

6. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Congratulations!!

7. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Wow!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sitting on the sofa next to my baby girl (now 15) doing her homework. :) A continual joy. I'll send a photo of the underwater fogging thing a bit later, and can share the code too since it's open source.

8. AL_W

AL_W

Congrats on the new one. Hope you get enough sleep!

9. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

@raphic, see the cliff underwater just to the right of the house? It shouldn't be so bright underwater - it is picking up fog, but the fog should be on the water surface instead.Since I add the fog term into the water surface, it seems as though underwater terrain is "double fogged" - once as the terrain is rendered, and again as the water is rendered. I'm not sure if Aura 2 is a post / image-based effect, but in general it looks as though the land is fogged before Crest renders. I'm not sure how to split that up.

Tselinoyarsk likes this.
  10. Zeevex

Zeevex

upload_2020-5-31_22-28-16.png
    Hey, I seem to be getting this error, does anyone know how i should go about it?

11. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hi @raphick take your time but here is a better screen shot of the "double fogging" problem with Crest. You can see the shoreline down below where the waterline seems to "glow".

I believe that what is happening is that Crest is grabbing the buffer after Aura2 has applied the fog, and then my modifications to Crest (using your fogging functions) are adding even more fog in.

So I need to move the Crest "grab pass" (is that a legit phrase) to before Aura2. Which is probably pretty easy but I'm not much of a shader guy so could use some tips.

Happy to share the modified Crest ocean shader if you (or anyone else) wants to take a look.

Tselinoyarsk likes this.
  12. rpgw

rpgw

Looks great @mmaclaurin ! I would love to see your crest ocean.shader fog modifications if that's possible?

Tselinoyarsk likes this.
  13. RakNet

RakNet

DrawGizmoForAuraLight is causing insane slowdowns in the editor

upload_2020-6-7_14-52-13.png

14. RakNet

RakNet

Aura 2 further contributes to a massive slowdown in the editor, even in a scene that does not use Aura 2. The editor runs so slowly in fact that it was difficult to profile because I couldn't effectively click the controls in the editor.

The cause seems to be that AuraEditorPrefs.DisplayButtonsInHierarchy is called 78 times per frame in my scene

The further cause seems to be your use of this function:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/EditorApplication-hierarchyWindowItemOnGUI.html

Possibly:
    static HierarchyToggle()
    {
    EditorApplication.hierarchyWindowItemOnGUI += HierarchyWindowItemOnGUI;
    }

My project (and other serious games) in some cases has thousands of objects in the hierarchy, so basically this function should never be used in any project or asset store asset in my opinion. However, only Aura 2 was listed in the profiler as causing a significant slowdown.

Besides Aura2API, it looks like Dialogue System for Unity and BehaviourDesigner is using this.

upload_2020-6-9_8-1-10.png

upload_2020-6-9_8-2-2.png

upload_2020-6-9_8-5-45.png

upload_2020-6-9_8-13-3.png

joe_ftg likes this.
  15. randomgameplayer1234

randomgameplayer1234

Hey, I had that problem. It was fixed in a update, but when I tried to update Aura in my project it didn't solve it, but I found kind of a solution.

1. Duplicate your Directional Light gameobject.
    2. Desactive the Aura volumetric light component in the original gameobject.
    3. Change from Directional Light to Point Light in the copied gameobject and Desactive only the light component (not the aura)

I archived a similar result to the one I saw in the engine. If you don’t manage to accomplish that, try to increase the range of the point light.

16. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Can anyone tell me the differences between Kronnect's Volumetric Lights and Aura 2 ?
    Is it faster or anything?
    Does Aura 2 support the Oculus Quest like Kronnect's Volumetric Lights?

17. unity_MKMtlnW7LcfbFg

unity_MKMtlnW7LcfbFg

Well, I tried just commenting out the code that made it do that. *big brain me*

18. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I can't get Aura to work with RAM water now.

I spoke with RAM Dev and he said that something in AURA changed and he has not heard back from Aura 2 Dev when he has tried to reach him. Apparently the last Aura update broke the RAM integration.

Is there a solution in the works? I need my rivers and Aura 2! :)

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks!!

19. Game_DevKH

Game_DevKH

I'm using Lux Water with Aura 2 but how do I make Aura fog render on the water. I saw the documentation and tried everything to fix the issue but never really work! To be honest I don't actually understand what the documentation is trying to explain. I'm not a programmar! Maybe record a short tutorial there if you may
    TO:-( aura1.jpg aura2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  20. Monil

Monil

Hi,
    in LuxWater_Setup.cginc uncomment
    #define FOG_AURA
    #include "Assets / Aura 2 / Core / Code / Shaders / Aura.cginc"
    in the water shader at the end of the "FORWARD" Pass add
    #pragma multi_compile __ AURA

in LuxWater_Core.cginc:
    struct v2f {
    #if defined(AURA)
    float3 frustrumSpacePosition : TEXCOORD9;
    #endif
    }

v2f vert (appdata_water v) {
    // at the end before return o;
    #if defined(AURA)
    o.frustrumSpacePosition = Aura2_GetFrustumSpaceCoordinates(v.vertex);
    #endif
    }

half4 frag(v2f i, float facing : VFACE) : SV_Target {
    // at the end
    #if defined(AURA)
    if (!backside) {
    Aura2_ApplyFog(c, i.frustrumSpacePosition );
    }
    #endif
    }

I don't know if it's the correct way but it works for me

Aura2LuxWater.jpg

21. Game_DevKH

Game_DevKH

Damn I'm really dumb here! Can you send LuxWater_Setup.cginc and LuxWater_Core.cginc file to me if possible?

22. Monil

Monil

Hi,
    Try looking here too

23. Game_DevKH

Game_DevKH

After that the water became pink :-(

24. khos

khos

Hi, how do I change the colour on the auracamera component > global injection setting > use global light via C# ?
    Visual Studio Code is not giving any suggestions for
    GetComponent<AuraCamera>()

25. PradyumnaAVR

PradyumnaAVR

Hey Guys, just started using Aura 2. While I like the quality of the height fog, I am experiencing issues in VR. Here's what I'm experiencing so far:
    1. The atmospheric fog and the volumetric shafts looks good in the editor but when I play the scene in VR, there's a bright streak that appears to the left of my view.
    2. In addition to the streak, the volumetric sphere around the point light appears distorted.
    3. The meshes also appear super jittery/flashy. Figured this might be because I had to rebake lighting but it persists even after that.

I've attached screenshots of what it looks like in VR. Hoping someone has a solution for it. Thanks for your time.

Paddy

Attached Files:

mutp likes this.
  26. lsgheero

lsgheero

I would also like to see your modified shader please, I am not a shader guy, been messing around with this for days but just get pink plane lols.

27. Mostyndarko

Mostyndarko

Hey, probably a common question. Are there plans to bring this to URP and HDRP?

28. AL_W

AL_W

Yea @raphick discusses it in a few message above, but his newborn is probably keeping him awake all day.

There's lots of requests, but he's MIA

29. mutp

mutp

You'll find more luck reaching over on the Discord server.

AL_W likes this.
  30. raphick

raphick

Update 2.1.12
    submitted with the following changes :

Changes

- [Editor] Highly improved performances
    - [Core] Highly improved performances when using Aura 2 with multiple cameras and having any other Aura component than directional lights
    - [Core] Turned AuraLight and AuraVolume components idle if there is no active AuraCamera component
    - [Examples] Modified examples to show how to achieve clearer light beams with less fog density

Additions

- [Editor] Added option to display/hide the preview button in the Scene View

mutp, Mauri and dsilverthorn like this.
  31. raphick

raphick

Update 2.1.13

Changes

- [Core] Fixed issue with Reprojection for orthographic cameras

dsilverthorn likes this.
  32. AL_W

AL_W

Welcome back! @raphick Hope you got sleep now!

Sorry, but do you know when we can remove this button? I still accidentally press it :oops:
    screenshot.5.jpg

raphick and dsilverthorn like this.
  33. raphick

raphick

In the Aura Editions Settings

upload_2020-8-26_12-0-12.png

Then

upload_2020-8-26_11-58-52.png

dsilverthorn likes this.
  34. AL_W

AL_W

raphick likes this.
  35. janjilecek

janjilecek

I got the same error (
    Pixel sizes of texture "Directional Light : Shadow Map Render Texture (UnityEngine.RenderTexture)" (256x256) does not match the required size of 512pixels for width and 256pixels for height.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    Aura2API.Texture2DArrayComposer:AddTexture(Texture) (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/Texture2DArrayComposer.cs:154)
    Aura2API.LightsCommonDataManager:RegisterLight(AuraLight) (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/LightsCommonDataManager.cs:425)
    Aura2API.AuraLight:Initialize() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:491)
    Aura2API.AuraLight:OnEnable() (at Assets/Aura 2/Core/Code/Classes/AuraLight.cs:298)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&))

and I think I solved it by changing Shadow Resolution in QUality from Very high to High.

36. raphick

raphick

Aura2 is not linked by the shadow resolution as it blits it in its own resolution.
    This error means that you're running with no cascades (or orthographic) and the system thinks that there are 2 cascades.
    Can you verify?

37. raphick

raphick

Update 2.1.14

Changes

- [Core] Fixed blocking issue when shadows are enabled in lights but disabled in Project’s Quality Settings
    - [Core] Fixed blocking issue when Quality Settings level is changed
    - [Core] Fixed occasional issue when shadow cascades count is changed
    - [Core] Fixed error displaying “Pixel sizes of texture xxx (w x h) does not match the required size of n pixels for width and m pixels for height.”
    - [Core] Fixed error displaying “Graphics.CopyTexture could not find source D3D11 texture object. Maybe it is a RenderTexture that is not created yet?”

Mark_01 and dsilverthorn like this.
  38. Unplug

Unplug

i will share one nasty problem i had. In my game, the main camera as the aura script, between level there is a picture that fill the screen (ui) entirely. A script wait for everything to be loaded untill it allow you to click to continue (very classic). My main player camera is activated when the level is ready. This was trowing a lot of copytexture error in the console which initiate from CommonDataManager.UpdateData(); in the auracamera.cs script. I had to add a bool value to make sure that the splash screen was turn off before it start updating the data.

im sure there is a good way to prevent that error, so im sharing my problem and hotfix

EDIT : sorry i just saw you just posted it was fix in the current version. I'll update ASAP

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    raphick likes this.
  39. Unplug

Unplug

can you help us make DECAL work with Aura 2. I'm using Easy Decal and all the decal appear on top of the fog. I also notice that standard shader set on "fade" doesnt properly work

40. raphick

raphick

You can use one of the provided shader instead of the standard "fade" shader.
    Can you please check with EasyDecal the advancement of the support of Aura2? I've given them a license and all the info but I don't recall any feedback from the since.

41. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

I'm seeing some blurring and streaking on lights and fog when using Aura 2. I'm assuming I am missing a setting or accidentally set something wrong. Anyone have any tips?

42. Unplug

Unplug

I'll do, but why dev don't talk to each other. It would benefit both of you. Having decal is something pretty standard in game... Would be fun that it work

43. raphick

raphick

Hi! can you screenshot?

Like I said, we already have... They just never got back in touch... And apparently did not implement Aura2... I cannot do their job my friend :)

Mark_01 likes this.
  44. Unplug

Unplug

that's for sure, but if you hear how to do it, let me know !

45. Oakioats

Oakioats

Hi @raphick I was wondering if there was a way within Aura2 to access AuraCamera perimeters and change them via script during runtime. I am using Aure2API in the namespace and I am trying to access the aura cameras global density field. Is it possible to access it via script? If so, what would the code look like? Thank you!

46. raphick

raphick

Hello!
    of course, you just need to reference your component and you'll have all access to the variables and functions in it.

PS : don't forget to reference the Aura2_Core.asmdef assembly definition to yours

47. khos

khos

Hello, how do I change the colour on the auralight component via C# ?

48. raphick

raphick

The auraLight takes the color of the light component (so you just need to change the color of the light component) but if you wan to override the color used in the aura system :

auraLightComponent.overrideColor = true;
    auraLightComponent.overridingColor = your_color_here;

49. arminiuskielpecache

arminiuskielpecache

Audio cuts off whenever I import aura 2, why is that??

50. raphick

raphick

Let's end this week on a high note with the first look of Aura 3
    running in the Universal Render Pipeline.

Aura 3 will be available on the Asset Store in early 2021

Silverhook, Xenerade and samuelk like this.
unityunity