Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Best 3d Modeling software?

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by Stolenbows, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Stolenbows

Stolenbows

i am looking for a 3d modeling software
    i dont mind the price what 3d modeling software is the best?

2. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Sorry - I don't want to be impolite but please use the search function the topic's been debated to death.

3. Stolenbows

Stolenbows

it is the one you think is the best

4. McDev02

McDev02

5. zine92

zine92

I suggest to go download all the trials and use to your content before asking for the best. Some of the ones i heard, Max,Maya,Blender,Cinema4D, Modo, lightwave, silo, zbrush. Just to name a few that i know and heard before.

6. Evilduck

Evilduck

I use Cinema 4D and Mudbox.

7. holmeren

holmeren

After many years as a Maxer I wish I would have used Cinema 4D and Mudbox ;)

Go for C4D

8. synok

synok

The best for me is Blender3D. It is a free 3D-suite worth thousands of dollars comparing to 3DsMax. It is a co-operative project with a huge amount of developers for it and its kind of small comparing to Maya and Max.

Also it has a game-engine and from what I know Open-Source for you to add new functionality and support for it. My personal pick I guess. Depends on what you define as "Best", though. But it fills all my aspects of a 3D-suite I ever looked for. I rather use this than paying a bucket full of dollars for a 3D program that is pretty much equal in functionality.

Check it out here! :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
unityunity