Search Unity

Berry Match-Three Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yurowm, Jun 29, 2015.

1. GeorgeMma

GeorgeMma

i buy your asset Berry Match-Three 4.2f1 PRO

1- i can`t increase my map / i see your tutorial video for v 3.0 but not for 4.2
    2 - and off-curse i can`t move positions of levels on map / on v 3.0 was easy but i am using v 4.2
    3 - i can`t see more then 50 levels on map reviews even it made up more then 75 levels

2. zero_null

zero_null

victor your new packages are not available on asset store. why is it so ??? Your packages are excellent

3. yurowm

yurowm

Hey ad_adnan,
    Don't panic. it will be available soon with an awesomest update!

ATeam_Production and zero_null like this.
  4. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

@moneycan Can you post the new features and/or fixes of the new update and maybe a rough ETA of when it is available? This would be great to check if we can wait for the new release.

5. yurowm

yurowm

It is absolutly new product. It will be avaliable as an update for Gemstone engine (in SellMyApp and Unity Asset Store). ETA is a month.
    Features:
    • Three game modes: Match-Three, Match-Chain, Match-Click (experimental). Easy to develop new ones.
    • Four ending bonuses: Cakes, Bombs, Airstrikes, AutoPlay (experimental, for Match-Three only). Easy to develop new ones.
    • Four level targets: Stars (reach all three star), Glass (crush all glass slots), ChipCollection (crush chips with certain color), Ingredients (like Sugar target in BMTE). Possibility to select multiple target. Easy to develop new ones.
    • Slot modifiers: Teleport, Water (the kind of slots which destroys chip after each moves), Generator (the kinf of slots that geneates new chips, it supports an extensions, which is easy to develop. Allows to add possibility to generate new kind of chip), Glass (Jelly-kind slot for the Glass target). Easy to develop new ones.
    • Three kind of blockers: Lock (layered colored blocker that contains a chip), Sandwich (simple layered blocker), Undead blocker (the kind of blockers that can't be destroyed). Easy to develop new ones.
    • Chips: SimpleBomb, Bomb (like a SimpleBomb but doesn't have a color), VerticalBomb, HorizontalBomb, CrossBomb, CakeBomb (like a Chocolate Bomb in Candy Crush Saga), LightningBomb (like a CakeBomb but with a color), SimpleChip (default chip), Pearl (like a SimpleChip, but has an universal color), JamBomb (like Ledybird in BMTE or Jellyfish in CCS), Stone (the blocker-chip), Lava (like a Stone but it generates new copies each moves), Ingredient (the kind of chips for the Ingredients target). Easy to develop new ones.
    • A lot of Bomb Mixes! And it easy to develop new ones.
    • Level Extensions (new kind of content. It allows to develop new features with free logic). Walls (the obstacles between two slots), AntiGravitation (allows to change directions where the chips is falling). Annotation (the popup which is shown when level starts. It will be changed on Tutorial system in the future). Easy to develop new ones.
    • Boosters: 5 Extra Moves, Hammer (it crushes one chip), Paint (it makes few chips with a same color), Pearl (generates new Pearl chips few times during a level session), Firework (it crushes all chips with choosen color), Surprice (the box with random booster),
    • New content as an addons in the future. Without necessity to update all project.
    • Powerful Level Editor which supports extensions.
    • Powerful Localization Editor.
    • Powerful Store Editor: Allows to create in-game store of grouped items. There is possible IAP items, items for soft-currency, free items for watching ads.
    • Pig In a Pock + Editor. Special kind of free store item which gives a random reward.
    • Match-Three Rule Editor. It allows to change rule Match-Three gemplay and to create new one. (Match-Chain Editor and Match-Click Editor in the future)
    • The beatiful map for 100 level.
    • Facebook SDK implemented.
    This is what I remember.

6. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

@moneycan Thank you for the detailed list! So when we bought Berry Match-Three before, do we need to buy this new product again or is it free to upgrade to?

7. yurowm

yurowm

You are welcome! Nope, it is absolutely new product. BMTE doesn't pay for itself more then an year. I could make one more payed upgrade, but I decided to make big work and to make the product with hieghest quality. I rewrite almost 100% of the code, and I made professional visual design.
    It is still doesn't have some useful features from BTME, such as time limitation, leaderboards, Jam and Duel modes, notifications, cut-scenes, etc. But sure I will add everything of these in the near future.
    It will be free only for people who purchased Gemstone or Circles engines. It was some kind of alpha version of the new framework.

8. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

@yurowm Can you tell us already what type of backend connection will be used and if the Wheel of Fortune and the Fixer will be again part of it in its first version?

And is it possible to get a review version to check its new features to see if a port from BMTE would be worth? Obviously that version would be for preview only and not for any type of game release.

9. yurowm

yurowm

The first release will not have any backend sdk. But I want to implement Firebase in the future.
    As for the Fixer, I am not sure, but in any case, this project contains a special dll, which is updated automaticaly. This dll will contain the code of the Fixer, so even if the first version will not have it, as soon it will be developed, it will be added in all possible versions without any additional manipulatios..
    After submittion I will have about three weeks untile it will be published. In think I will have time to test it many times and to add some new features. I will try to add this kind of mini-game.

I am not planning any preview versions. There will be a demo apk, I think it should be enough for end user.

10. Nyankoooo

Nyankoooo

@yurowm Just out of curiosity, is there any reason to go for Firebase compared to eg. GameSparks? As GameSparks is already a partner of Unity, this would maybe fit better with people already used to it from other projects.

Is it possible to have a look at the apk? That would be great for evaluation purposes to see if we should wait with our project until the full release of your template.

11. yurowm

yurowm

I tried Parse - Parse is dead. I tried Backendless - they released new version of api and the old one is not supported anymore. I already tired to make one feature many time.. Firebase looks like a stable service. It is the product of Google and it is cheap.

I didn't make a final demo, but I can send you the current build for preview. Contact me by email. yurowm+u3d@gmail.com

12. Eric-Davidson

Eric-Davidson

When adding a new language (french) the description is blank on the setting screen, even for the original languages (English/Russian). All the other fields as being displayed correctly.
    I have checked the values in the Berry Panel and even in the UI->Core and the languages are setup correctly.
    Any ideas on what I could be missing. language.jpg

13. junaid5595

junaid5595

Hi i have a problem in loading scene again , actually i have added a main menu and load the game scene . First time time it works fine after that if i go to 1st scene and came back to game scene there are alot of errors

Attached Files:

• err.PNG
      err.PNG
      File size:
      432.9 KB
      Views:
  14. drakedragoon

drakedragoon

match_three_bug_01.jpg
    MAYBE someone here can help me???

BUG: If you purchase 'Unlimited Lives' from the Berry Store, and then you 'Clear Data' in the Berry Panel, the Unlimited lives icon remains, the counter goes to "..." and it says 'Full of Lives' under the counter (top bar of the LevelListUI).

I have opened the ProfileAssistant.cs script and I found the function 'ClearData()' which handles resetting the profile.

I just need to know what code I can place in there that will revert the life hearts back to default, so they aren't stuck on unlimited lives after resetting the profile. I have tried many methods but I think the json file needs to be updated somehow? I'm still learning (like most people).

Any help would be appreciated, as there is really no where else to get help with this asset.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  15. drakedragoon

drakedragoon

match_three_bug_02.jpg

BUG: If you select a booster from the booster menu at the start of a game, the 'back' button appears unnecessarily (and has no action).
    This is the same back button that (appropriately) appears when you select a booster during gameplay (not before you start).
    There needs to be a flag set to determine if the booster is selected from the booster menu, or from the game field, and if it is selected from the booster menu, do not display the back button.

Problem is, I don't know which script to edit. Once I figure out which script it is, I can likely write the code to handle this.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  16. drakedragoon

drakedragoon

Hey folks!
    Want to add a new feature???

How about adding High Score Rewards when the player beats the high score?!
    It takes only a few minutes.
    (I sent this script to Viktor for his review, but it works just fine as-is)

In my case I wanted it to be 5 coins with a coin dropping animation. But it could be any reward and any amount (to a limit).
    So I created a script called HighScoreReward to handle this feature (script provided below).

To use it:
    1) create an empty container object in the 'Layout' group under 'WinPopup' and name it anything (HighScoreReward).

2) create 2 empty objects within the new empty container and name them anything (CollectionSpawn and CollectionTarget).
    ObjectList.jpg

3) highlight the Spawn object (CollectionSpawn) and add the HighScoreReward script (as a script component) in the inspector panel.

4) click on the Spawn object (CollectionSpawn) and adjust the location to where you want the reward to spawn from on the screen. *Make sure to drag a copy into the 'Collection Spawn' field of the script component you added to it.

5) click on the Target object (CollectionTarget) and adjust the location to where you want the reward to travel to on the screen.
    *Make sure to drag a copy into the 'Collection Target' field of the script component you added to the Spawn object.

6) highlight the Spawn object (CollectionSpawn) and configure it from within the inspector panel: the effect type from the built in effects, the collection type from the list of existing ItemID's, the Sprite image to use in the effect, amount to spawn in the effect, the speed/rate the items spawn at, and the amount of the reward item to give the player.

DONE!
    Please reply if you found this useful.

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine.UI;
    using System;
    using Yurowm.GameCore;

public class HighScoreReward : MonoBehaviourAssistant<HighScoreReward>
    {
    [ContentSelector]
    public CollectionEffect collectionEffect; // the list of effects to choose from
    public GameObject collectionSpawn; // the target that the coins spawn from
    public GameObject collectionTarget; // the target that the coins travel to after spawn
    public ItemID collectionType; // the item to give to the player
    public Sprite collectionSprite = null; // the item sprite to use
    [Range(1,50)]
    public int amountToSpawn = 5; // the amount of items to cycle during the effect
    [Range(1, 999)]
    public int amountToGive = 5; // the amount of items to give to the player
    [Range(0.1f, 1f)]
    public float spawnSpeed = 0.1f; // the speed at which to spawn all the items in a row
    public void OnEnable()
    {
    if (SessionInfo.current.GetScore() >= CurrentUser.main.GetScore(LevelDesign.selected.number)) // if the player beats the high score
    {
    Rewarded(); // reward the player
    }
    }

public void Rewarded()
    {
    CurrentUser.main[collectionType] += amountToGive; // add items to player inventory
    UserUtils.WriteProfileOnDevice(CurrentUser.main); // save changes to the device
    StopAllCoroutines();
    StartCoroutine(Rewarding(collectionTarget.transform)); // cycle the collection effect
    }

IEnumerator Rewarding(Transform target)
    {
    yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.3f);
    int count = amountToSpawn;
    for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)
    {
    CollectionEffect effect = Content.Emit(collectionEffect);
    effect.transform.Reset();
    effect.transform.position = collectionSpawn.transform.position;
    if (collectionSprite != null)
    effect.SetIcon(collectionSprite);