Search Unity

Berry Match-Three Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yurowm, Jun 29, 2015.

1. power2k

power2k

Thanks for your reply, Viktor. Ok, I'm fine with your plan. Please finish this extended version and release it as you planned.

Again, this will be the best match-three code of all time!

BTW, what are these new target modes - jam and duel?

2. yurowm

yurowm

New modes from Candy Crush Jelly Saga :)
    Jam is something like jelly mode. When you match berries on slots which contains jam slot, all slots of matching will filled by jam. Player will need to fill all slots.
    Duel is the same mode but, player will play with AI, who will fill slots with another jam. The target is fill much more slots than AI.
    I hope I write clearly. Just play this game, these features is awesome.

3. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,

Can I suggest the option to use Unity IAP in place of Soomla Store.

John

4. yurowm

yurowm

Oh my god! Yes, I will make it today! I hate soomla store! I just tried to find an alternative.
    Thank you, John.

5. Catsy99

Catsy99

Hi, hoping someone can help. Currently, the game uses a single sprite named "EmptySlot" for the tiles on the grid. I have added a 2nd sprite to the Assets named: "EmptySlot1" with a different color. I would like each slot to be filled alternately, starting with "EmptySlot", followed by "EmptySlot1", so that the game grid has a chessboard type look to it.

I thought I would need to change the script in FieldAssistant.cs, under GenerateSlots(), (see below changes in green text).

GameObject o;
    GameObject o1;
    Slot s;
    Slot s1;

Then I was going to change the below (extracted from GenerateSlots()), but I am now a bit stuck.
    if (field.slots[x, y]) {
    position = new Vector3();
    position.x = -slotoffset * (0.5f * (field.width - 1) - x);
    position.y = -slotoffset * (0.5f * (field.height - 1) - y);
    // should I iterate through "position", and then add the below?
    o = ContentAssistant.main.GetItem("SlotEmpty", position);
    o1 = ContentAssistant.main.GetItem("SlotEmpty1", position); // I would make a Prefab for this?
    o.name = "Slot_" + x + "x" + y;
    o.transform.parent = Slot.folder;
    o1.name = "Slot_" + x + "x" + y;
    o1.transform.parent = Slot.folder;

s = o.GetComponent<Slot>();
    s1 = o1.GetComponent<Slot>();
    s.x = x;
    s.y = y;
    s1.x = x1;
    s1.y = y1;

Slot.all.Add(s.key, s);
    Slot.all.Add(s1.key, s1);
    if (field.generator[x, y])
    s.gameObject.AddComponent<SlotGenerator>();
    if (field.generator[x1, y1])
    s1.gameObject.AddComponent<SlotGenerator>();

6. yurowm

yurowm

No no no, it is a bad idea. You don't need to make another slot for this. You need to write short script which will change sprite for SlotEmpty prefab. Create new csharp script and attach it to EmptySlot prefab.

Code (CSharp):
    2. public class Chessboard : MonoBehaviour {
    4.     public Sprite whiteSprite;
    5.     public Sprite blackSprite;
    7.     void Start () {
    8.         SpriteRenderer sr = GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>();
    9.         Slot slot = GetComponent<Slot>();
    10.         sr.sprite = (slot.x + slot.y) % 2 == 0 ? whiteSprite : blackSprite;
    11.     }
    12. }
    white and black sprites is your two sprites for this stot.

7. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,
    Would it be possible to set the option to have 4 Square Combinations matching per level.
    John

8. Catsy99

Catsy99

Thanks so much Viktor (seems so simple when you know how ... I'm still learning).

9. yurowm

yurowm

Hi! Yes. You need to create new boolean variable in the LevelProfile class. "square" for example. And write some code for showing it in the LevelEditor (LevelEditor.cs). I think you can write it self.
    In the SessionAssistant.Reset() function you need to add a line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. main.squareCombination = LevelProfile.main.square;
    It should works.

10. timmynator

timmynator

in extended version i want see auto generation levels ^-^

11. SketchOffender

SketchOffender

Hi Viktor,

Just wondering if you had something like an excel spreadsheet with all the different types of sprites you have and their colour and how many points each is worth or what they do. Would make it easier for me before I buy so I can do my research.

Also I see in your roadmap that you are creating a PRO version, will this be extra, and if so how much? Or do people that buy it now automatically get updated to it?

Cheers.

12. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,
    Thanks works good.
    Have another one I am trying to work out, the TargetModeDescription Page gives the amount of points, blocks etc but
    no details for the color Target to collect.

upload_2016-1-18_0-15-3.png

Had a look at Level.cs to see how the targets are set.

Code (CSharp):
    1.  public void SetTargetCount(int index, int target) {
    2.         countOfEachTargetCount[index] = target;
    but it seems to be even more complicated that the chips and the order are randomized.

Any pointers how to achieve the effect above. ?

Regards

John

13. yurowm

yurowm

Hi! Unfortunatelly, no, I didn't make anything like that :)
    As for extended version. It will be separate asset in the store which will cost about 300$. Everybody how already bought standart version will be able to upgrade for 200$.

14. yurowm

yurowm

I also thought about this question when I make this popup. I faced the same problem. But I decided to leave everything as is. Just think. Is it important for player to know how many jellies he must to destroy for completing this level? Before he started it. I think no. He wants to know just will it be jelly level or color, or maybe drop level. Additional information he will discover when he will start it.
    I want to say that it is minor problem.
    I see only one way to resolve it easy. To turn off randomizing colors.

15. timmynator

timmynator

Hi, Viktor

How to add Back to MainMenu button in Game scene i also created MainMenu scene and script Menu.cs and i already released "switching" to Game scene.

Best regards
    Maxim

16. yurowm

yurowm

Hi!
    Read the documentation please. I already describe it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  17. DreamEnder

DreamEnder

Hi,

Can you please provide a list with descriptions of all the power ups? For example, what does the rainbow heart do? Etc.
    Maybe add a tutorial to the game itself.

Thanks!

18. yurowm

yurowm

Hi!
    I think you already know what simple, cross and color bombs do.
    Rainbow heart is a bomb, which destroy a few neighbour chips. Also this bomb has a universal color. It means that it can be used for making any color combination.
    As for ladybird. It is a bomb which destroy one of chips which is important for completing the level. For example, if you play Jelly level, ladybird will destroy one of existing jellies. If you play Sugar level, ladybird bomb will destroy one of chips under sugar chip, etc.

19. Voidworx

Voidworx

Before I commit, I just want to make sure that all of the necessary code is included in this product - there are no dlls or anything that are hiding the core functionality.

The reason I ask is that my game uses a slightly different matching algorithm, and I'll need the ability to modify the core solution finder to make it work. I'm aware that this will be a heavy development task, but as long as the code is available, I'm up for it. What I'm most impressed with in this product is all of the surrounding work - cross platform, animations, GUI, touch-controls, etc. That is going to save a lot of time during the port.

20. yurowm

yurowm

I don't see any sense to hide the code from customers - the extra problems for me and you.
    Yeah, the finding solution, the matching, the physics of chips, etc - it is a ton of work. I spent a few month for doing this work. So yeah it will be a heavy task for you, but you can ask me sometimes, if you will have a problem with it. I will glad to help. Contact me by email in this case.

21. zero_null

zero_null

Hi Victor !
    You are a Champ!
    I am just loving your asset, actually you, as you have created this wonderful asset. Just wanted to know one thing.
    Is your update version 4 is compatible with version 3?
    As I have created allot of levels on version 3 and I am just getting greedy to port these levels to version 4, like just importing the latest version. Is this possible? Will I get all my levels saved?
    Once again, hats off and you are a true game geek, I am loving it.

22. draganstamenkovic

draganstamenkovic

Hi Victor,

I would like to help me out with one small problem for u (but huge for me).

I want to remake the spawning slots like this:
    - X coordinate or Width = 6 slots with 6 chips.
    - Y coordinate or Height = 12 slots with 6 chips max ( so they will be randomly spawned, for example in x1 they will be 2 chips, in x2 0 chips, x3 6 chips, x4 5 chips, x5 3 6 chips, x6 2chips).

I have changed a lot values in the code but i have diffulties making this way.

And also i would like to integrate spawning of chips from bottom( one x column at 2 seconds for example and go up, just like in tetris attack game
    )

23. yurowm

yurowm

Hi!
    Unfortunately no. If you want to use 4th version for your game, you need start development from clear 4th version, you can't update your modified game with 3rd version.
    As for level, so the model of level had some changes, so it can't be transfered from 3 to 4. You can only make these levels manually using the same layouts.

24. yurowm

yurowm

Do you want to change core gameplay and you call it one small problem? :)

25. draganstamenkovic

draganstamenkovic

Hi again Victor,
    I was saying it is small for u, but huge for me :)

Can that be done ? I dont need walls or powerups just matchup, even without indicator like in tetris attack game. I thought if change array values it will work, but i encounter exception (IndexOutOfRange). Code is easy to read but huge :-D.

Can u help me?

Thanks for answering, can't wait for your reply.

26. yurowm

yurowm

Hey!
    Contact me by email please, when the next update will be released. I will have spare time to help you. Now I harry to complete next update and extended version.
    You can also write me now. Don't forget to write your invoice number. In this case you will receive email notification from me, when I will complete the update.

27. TheeNeon

TheeNeon

I would like to know before i purchase is that, how do you get the Pro version? Does this require that you have a Unity Pro license or is it a different asset

28. power2k

power2k

Hi Viktor,

I hope in the Extended version you can change the game slot to sth like a chess board (seems that someone has brought this up before).

Anyway, thanks so much for all your work to get this game code Better and Better.

LOOKING EAGERLY TO BUYING THE EXTENDED VERSION!! HOPE TO SEE THAT SOON!!!

29. yurowm

yurowm

It is a separate asset which will have higher price. It will not require Unity PRO or something like that. Unity with free licence will be enough.

30. yurowm

yurowm

In any case you can make it self. Especially early I wrote how to make it . I don't see any problems with it. ;)

31. TheeNeon

TheeNeon

How would we implement Unity IAP in the game

32. yurowm

yurowm

I will write instruction in the manual. It will be pretty easy. Not harder than Soomla implementation.

33. EzraEL

EzraEL

Also looking to purchase the extended version. When will it be available for sale?

34. yurowm

yurowm

In a week. Or later a little bit. It depends on the speed of moderation

bjornrun likes this.
  35. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,

The lives system is not right, you can buy lives even if you already have lives and it is possible to have more than 5 at any given time, is that correct.
    Plus when you buy five lives it shows the window out of lives straight after you purchased.

Are you still going to use Parse to integrate Facebook as they have just announced that parse is being phased out.

And can you please get a move on I am impatient for 4.1 ;););)

Regards

John

36. yurowm

yurowm

Hi John,
    Yes, player can buy more than 5 lives, but these lives will not refill each 30 minutes. So it is a chance to get more money from player. If he don't want to wait it each time, he can buy many live one time. It will be your money.

Yes, I know about Parse, but we have a year yet until they will turn it off. I will find another solution in the future versions.
    It looks interesting: http://aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/

4.1 will be finished very soon. You will get it by email, when it will be ready :)

37. Book888

Book888

when published the extended version?

38. yurowm

yurowm

Pretty soon. I will submit it In 1-2 days.

39. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,

The rate code for IOS gives "This item not available in UK Store"

Code (CSharp):
    1.  link = "itms-apps://itunes.apple.com/app/id" + 1;
    I have also Googled and this is what others seem to be using although without the + 1,
    I also tried without it and using http but just gives an error.

Regards

John

40. yurowm

yurowm

Hi John,
    This is my fault. You need to change "1" to your apple app id.

41. TopsyArts

TopsyArts

Hi Viktor,

Do you know when version 4.2 will be released ?

Thanks

42. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

And I thought I was impatient !!!!!! :D

yurowm likes this.
  43. yurowm

yurowm

You are not alone, John! :D

I really don't know. In a month maybe. Maybe later.

44. TopsyArts

TopsyArts

Thanks a lot Viktor. we look forward to it.

45. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,
    Installed your Demo.
    Liked the tutorial but needs a skip button.
    Will be difficult to replace the characters?
    Why fake identities on Invite, can it not show the actual friends?
    And where is the leaderboard?
    Got as far as level 4 and the game totally locks up. it was showing a video ad after each level before the WinPopUp.

Regards

John

46. yurowm

yurowm

Hi John,
    I will add skip button in 4.2 version. Already added it in the roadmap.
    As for replacing the character, it pretty easy to change. It is just a few sprites and one component. Check this screenshot. And I am going to write a page about it, when I will be rested. Very hard worked on last update.
    img.PNG
    When you connected to Facebook you can see only fake players and real friends, who play this game too. You can invite your friends by clicking on Invite button.
    You can find the leaderboard under Invite button in level selected popup.
    img.PNG
    Yes it shows ads after each level. Maybe I should make the delay between showing ads.. I will add it in the roadmap too.
    So that it how it works. You can just turn on/off ads in UIAssistant for each pages.
    img.PNG
    If this toggle is checked, then before showing this page will be showed a video ad.

47. EzraEL

EzraEL

Hi Yurov Viktor,

When will you have the doc ready for the "PRO" version? Also does the ads in the PRO version rotates through all the different Ads Networks?

I'm loving the Pro version with all the different tweaks and features you've added.

48. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

I'm jealous :D:D:D

49. EzraEL

EzraEL

Hi, Yurov Viktor

How do I lock and unlock the "SingleUseBoosters" before the level begin so that I can show the user certain Boosters on different levels? Like this...!

Please let me know if that's possible within the game engine!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  50. yurowm

yurowm

I will start writing on Monday. I hope I will finish until next weekend. As for your second question, I have sent the solution by email.