Search Unity

Berry Match-Three Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yurowm, Jun 29, 2015.

1. DarkSlash

DarkSlash

Thanks, Victor! And when will be available the new version? If I buy the 3 version I will get the version 4 update?

2. yurowm

yurowm

I submitted it 2 January. Now it is pending review. Usually it takes about 1-2 weeks. 3 sometimes. So I think it will be approved in 10-15 Jan. I can't tell certain date, because it doesn't depends on me.
    And, yes, if you buy current version, you will get all next versions for free.

3. Voidworx

Voidworx

(Before I found this thread, I messaged you directly.. Apologies!)
    Mr. Yurov, I'm interested in your Berry Match-Three kit on the Unity Asset Store, but I have a couple questions:

1) Does it work well with Unity 5.3? (I think this thread has already answered this - version 4 is pending.)

2) Can I generate random levels or does each level have to be hand-crafted ahead of time. If so, how difficult would you expect it to be to modify by an intermediate-level Unity developer (I'm a programmer by day, but still new to Unity.)

3) How difficult is it to modify the core-matching code? My game mechanics don't follow the typical match-3 rules, so I'm hoping there is one common "evaluator" library that I can access.

Thanks!

4. yurowm

yurowm

It doesn't work well with 5.3 yet unfortunately. But I am going to submit 5.3-optimized version when current update will be approved. You can write me on email in 2 days after 4th version will approved, I think I will be able to send you optimized version. But now I can only recommend to use Unity 5.1.2 for working with this asset.

As for level editor, no, you can't generate it random. You can only design your own levels manually. Level editor will help you with this.

5. DarkSlash

DarkSlash

What are the issue with Unity 5.3? Version 4 is 5.3 optimized?

6. yurowm

yurowm

I didn't test it yet. But people say that in 5.3.0 disappear changes in the level design.
    4.0.0 is not optimized. 4.0.1 will be optimized.

7. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

How can they test it until they actually have version 4...??

John

8. yurowm

yurowm

This is not a problem of 4th version. This is a problem of Unity 5.3.0. They say that thay can't save level changes in 5.3.0. I didn't know about this bug when I submited 4th version, so 4th will not work correctly in unity 5.3.0.
    Now I know how to fix it, so when it will be approved, I will submit new optimized version.

9. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,

I use Unity 5.3.1f1 and it does not give any problems regarding saving after altering the levels.
    I also tried your fix on the editor files, but they just seem to cause a few strange invalid AB message's.

John

10. yurowm

yurowm

Hi John!
    Yes, I chacked it in 5.3.1 too, and it works. Very good news! Thank you! I didn't even know that 5.3.1 is released :)
    In any case this fix is helpful. It will work in 5.3.0 and with "Undo.RecordObject" you can use Ctrl+Z in level editor. It is a good feature!

11. yurowm

yurowm

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  12. Sven-Herzog

Sven-Herzog

Hi Viktor,

how can i change the LevelButton position in MapLocation in Version 4.0 ?

Sven

13. yurowm

yurowm

Hi Sven,
    I am writing about it right now. Check this page some later.

14. Sven-Herzog

Sven-Herzog

Thank you, I am looking forward to the extended version 4.0 which one does in the pictures already seen.

15. yurowm

yurowm

:)
    This manual page is completed. You can read it.

16. Charlie_T

Charlie_T

HI Viktor,

Version 4 have the same with video demo or I must customize them?

Thanks

17. yurowm

yurowm

Hi!
    I don't understand your question

18. Charlie_T

Charlie_T

The version 4 have all function like the video demo or I must customize to become the same the videod demo.

19. yurowm

yurowm

Yes, this is the same game. No difference.

20. madu404

madu404

Hi Viktor,

Can we make a map both vertically and horizontally scrollable rather than just vertically scrollable map?

21. Charlie_T

Charlie_T

Hi Viktor,

How can I change animation of effect and where I should change that?

Thanks

22. yurowm

yurowm

What you mean? Do you want to make big square map?
    If you want just make the map with bigger width, so it is easy.
    Find the UI/LevelList/Map object. And in LevelMap component you need to increase MapSize parameter.
    You will be able to zoom it in the game.

23. yurowm

yurowm

What kind of effects do you mean?

24. Honest

Honest

Can we get a list of new things in version 4.0 ?
    Whats all added ? Is there a FB integration ?

25. yurowm

yurowm

Hi,
    You can get it in the store page. Just click on the version number.
    As for facebook. No, there is not this feature. And will not in the future.
    Facebook will be added in the extended version. I am working on this project now, and I am going to release it in a month.

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Uhm, extended version ? I've just purchased this asset, and you're telling me there is a all new version coming with extra features that will be available seperately, why ?

You current project is already fairly expensive in the complete projects category, and quite rightly so as it's a great product, it took me a long time to consider buying though because of the price and what I could afford, I'm assuming an extended version would be even more costly, and probably out of the reach for most consumers, I have to say, I'm slightly annoyed that the package I've just purchased will now become the poor cousin to the all singing, all dancing version... :confused:

27. yurowm

yurowm

The extended version is a version for developers how wants to earn big money with this game. So I don't want to know anything about high price.
    So if you are developing your game not for earning money, you will not need the extended features.
    This premium version will include:
    1. Facebook and leaderboards for increasing virality.
    2. Video ads and rewarded ads for increasing revenue.
    3. Lives system is for increasing retention.
    4. Cut-scenes is for making narration.
    It will cost 300$. You will be able to upgrade this version to extended in March.

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Every Developer creates a game in the hope to earn money, your statement is misdirected and slightly patronising imo.

$300 is way out of my price range, and probably many others, but good luck with that.

It's not impossible for me to integrate my own ads anyway with UnityAds, there are some good tutorials available.

29. yurowm

yurowm

So you want to earn money using my game, but 300$ is a big price for that?
    I am communicate with developers, who use my code, and they self tell that I need to increase price for additional features.
    But the prise didn't changed in the last year, despite the fact that this game is very much increased in quality.
    If you can integrate your own ads, so it is awesome. Standart version will not be abandoned. You can still use it.

30. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,
    Just caught a bug, not shuffling when no matches available.
    upload_2016-1-12_8-55-51.png
    John

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

The thing is, I've just forked out $100 dollars for your package, because I was impressed with the quality and it is a very good base to build upon, as an artist, not a developer, it's handy that the code base is already up to scratch, so all I need to worry about is the art and other 'cosmetic' changes.

Now I learn about your extended version, of course it bothers me, you say standard version will not be abandoned, but your actions say otherwise, it will certainly not get the same attention as your extended version, simply because you see your extended version as more lucrative, that tells me the standard version will not benefit from any great advances from now on, maybe cosmetic updates, no big features to look forward to, etc. :(

32. yurowm

yurowm

Hi John,
    Because it thinks that row of 3 sugar chips is a combination which should be matched, but it can't be matched.
    You need to add this line in Chip.IsMatchable()
    img.png

That is not a true. I am working in one project, I don't separate it to lite and pro. So when I will be ready to submit new update I will submit extended version. And I will remove all premium features from the project, for submitting the standard version. They will be updated in the same time.
    I understand that not all wants to pay high cost for some reasons, they will buy version for 100$. This is a revenue for me, and this people will upgrade it one day maybe.

33. yurowm

yurowm

Hey guys!
    I wrote new page in the user manual. About new UIAssistant. If you interested, check it here.
    img.jpg

34. ramham

ramham

Why the live (heart) is lost, after each level? They should go away only when the level fails or level is terminated.

35. yurowm

yurowm

Player lose one live when he start a level. And if he complete this level successfully, this live will return.
    I just checked, and it works correct.
    Does it work the same way in your side?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  36. ramham

ramham

not everytime. Now when I played with unity, it lose everytime, also if I succeed with the level.

37. yurowm

yurowm

Maybe do you see some errors in the console view?

38. ramham

ramham

no errors
    no errors...

39. yurowm

yurowm

Write me on email, please

40. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,

What about a mute button for the sound effects..!!

John

41. yurowm

yurowm

Oh, I will try to add it in the next update.
    But you can make your own sfx mute button. You need to make new bool parameter in AudioAssitant. "sfx_mute" for example.

Code (CSharp):
    2. public static void Shot(string clip) {
    3.         if (sfx_mute) return;
    4.         Sound sound = main.GetSoundByName(clip);
    6.         if (sound != null && !mixBuffer.Contains(clip)) {
    7.             if (sound.clips.Count == 0) return;
    8.             mixBuffer.Add(clip);
    9.             main.sfx.PlayOneShot(sound.clips[Random.Range(0, sound.clips.Count)]);
    10.         }
    11.     }

42. AllanJunior

AllanJunior

Hi Viktor, i downloaded the game to test before buying, while i was playing, i found some bugs.

43. mahdijj

mahdijj

hi
    1-pls add tutorial for game in extended version
    2-pls provide more graphic assets special for this game in extended version
    3-add more good features to extended version : )

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  44. yurowm

yurowm

Hi!
    All these issues already resolved. Check this page

45. yurowm

yurowm

I will try:)

46. Catsy99

Catsy99

Just some ideas/options for the new extended product coming in March:
    • For existing customers of the standard Berry Match 3, provide a separate product with just the extensions that they can add to their existing project (only valid for existing loyal customers of the "old" product, maybe for a limited time), not for new customers
    • Rename the extended version to something else, with exactly the same workings/script, but a different product name & different imagery (so people might be a little less likely to complain about the differences between the standard & extended versions costings)
    • In the extended version, some things I would like to see, besides those already planned (which is great, so far, thanks):
      • A few more choices for animations and effects (eg. the range to include subtle/gentle effects as well, and we could pick & choose which ones to include in levels)
      • The number of sprite chips to be increased (say 9 different colours) - but we could choose which ones we wanted in a level (up to 6 max).
      • Maybe when a 4-match is made, we could also have an additional choice, if we wanted a static horizontal/vertical striped candy sprite to be placed in the slot
    I will continue supporting this product, I think it's great.

47. power2k

power2k

Hi Viktor,
    First of all, thanks for your efforts to put on this great Match 3 product and make updates constantly. This is absolutely the BEST match 3 source code one can find on this Planet!

With that said, I really WISH that you can combine the extended version with the standard version to 1) Avoid any confusions from current and future buyers, 2) streamline your future updates and save time of both developers and YOURS as well, and 3) most importantly to you, to increase your sale and support from the buyers more dramatically.

In other words, there is no need to maintain two versions of this code, all you need just one and you shall make updates and improvement to it only.

Thanks for your consideration in advance. Cheers!

48. yurowm

yurowm

Hi! Thank you for feedback.
    I don't think that I will add additional animations and effects in the asset. It will be better If I will spend this time for development another features and optimisation. And I think I will write new manual page about changing effects and animations. This makes more sense.
    Can you enumerate these 9 colors? Because I can't. Black and white is a bad colors for match-3 game in terms of graphic design. All others colors which you can write, will merge with one of existing.
    As for choice, you already have this choise, what kind of bomb will be created after each combinations. But there is not horizontal/vertical striped bomb. I am going to add additional types of bombs in the future update for both version. This is the direction of future development - adding new content.

49. yurowm

yurowm

Hi!
    Thank you for this words! I thought a lot about it, and separate versions is the best solution for me. It will not a problem to support two version.
    As for confusions, that it is a problem of all updates. You should to understand that you bought the source code, not a toolkit or sdk. You bought the completed project, which can be changed completely. So if you changed something in one version there will confusion with next version. We just have to live with that.
    I can't make it for free update. Now the standard version has a low of sales, and noany free updates will not to increase it. So the one thing that I can make instead of extended version, is to begin work on another game, but leave this project.

50. yurowm

yurowm