Search Unity

Berry Match-Three Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yurowm, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

Look in folder Assets -> PreFabs -> CrossBomb for the cross bomb prefabs. They have several parts where you can set the colour of the halo and change the shape of the halo if you're so inclined.

2. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

My turn for a question. I seem to suffer from the problem that whenever the map part of the hierarchy, which contains all the buttons with the level button script where you specify all parameters for each game, is collapsed and subsequently re-opened that all games that had their limitation set to time default back to moves. Using unity 5.2. Anyone experiencing the same problem and knows a fix? Very annoying as I have to remember to go through the list and set all the affected games back to time limitation just before every build I do.

3. tomz365

tomz365

Hello, Yurov

I try to make in-app purchase. I already uploaded APK to Goolge play when I press Buy button it can show window purchase in android and can submit to successfull payment.

but I'm not getting any item. Can you pls help me solve this

i try to sent problem to your email support and Skype many time but not response from you.
    Please help

Thank you very much.

4. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

@tomz365: I experienced the same problem. I tried a lot of things. I switched on debug native in the Soomla settings and attached my device to Android Studio so I could read the logs. What I found was "SoomlaStore failure: Signature verification failed" When I googled that the most likely cause was an incorrect google play api key. Since I had already checked that twice I didn't believe that very likely but since I couldn't find anything else I decided to check one more time. I had been checking the start and the end of the key. Would you believe I found a difference somewhere in the middle?
    After correcting that the purchases were passed on by Soomla.

I hope that helps

5. power2k

power2k

Thanks to Mr_Jigs for answering my previous question.
    Now I have got another question as below:

How to remove the re-scaling effect of the background? Right now, when game starts, the background image just zooms in on the start screen, and the background size seems to change/zoom in and out depending on how big the grid is.

I would like to get a background size consistent and UNCHANGED among start screen and different levels. How to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Also I wonder why Viktor never answers any questions on this forum anymore?

6. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

Good question about Viktor. The positive reviews about response time on the assetstore certainly seem unwarrented!

About your question: the background does not change size, it is the camera that changes size and thus the background appears to change size. Also the camera together with the background changes position when you start a new level this way the playing field appears to move in from the bottom and zoom back to settle within the window while again it is actually the camera that is moving and changing size and the playing field is static. Try switching the scene view to 3D while running the game you will get a better idea of what is going on.

Good luck

7. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

Can anyone tell me how to add your highscore to the facebook?

8. Tu-Le

Tu-Le

Buy any thinh at Shop doesn't work at Android, anyone know solution?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  9. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

What exactly is the problem? Please describe in detail what you do and what happens. Also please tell what your log files on your Android device show.

10. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

If I wanted to add a prefab from a existing game to the Berrymatch engine, what is the best way to do it? More specifically I found a very cool combo system I would like to implement.

11. gibble55

gibble55

How do I change the size of the background image? If I replace the existing BG.jpeg image with a larger image, the edges are cut off. The exiting image is low resolution (450 x 800 px) and I would like to increase it.

12. NBJack

NBJack

+1 to the Halo color change. For example, SimpleBombGreen has two children, Scaler and Halo. The Scaler appears to have the color I want to change, yet I can't find it in the code or in the assets. Sorry if it's obvious; I'm still new to Unity.

13. solideuk

solideuk

Hi

I have purchased this asset and have sent an email for support.

Please can you help?

14. yurowm

yurowm

Hey Shoni,
    Sorry for BIG delay. I had some business.
    That feature will be in the next update. Just wait it. I plan to release it about a month.

15. yurowm

yurowm

Hi Mr Jigs,
    Sorry for this big delay too. I recomend you to wait next big update. There you will find absolutelly new map system with prefabs of locations, zooming, and other.
    Just stay tuned

16. yurowm

yurowm

Hey guys, sorry for delay.
    For changing these colore you should to edit appropriate prefab. There you can find halo sprite, where you can easy to change halo color.

17. yurowm

yurowm

Hey solideuk, sorry for delay.
    If you really send me mail, then I already saw it and I will reply you now.

18. yurowm

yurowm

Hi,
    Sorry for big delay.
    In the next update which will be released about a month it will be implemented.
    But unfortunately without that puzzle. But crushed chips will fly to their counter.

19. yurowm

yurowm

Hey Sephir11,
    Sorry for big delay.
    I didn't leave the opportunity to make more then 6 colors, because it makes the game very hard to play. There just no any available moves for player. The game always shuffle the field.

20. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

Sorry mate ;),

The game is already out in the various stores. Look for "Redend the game". I look forward to the next major update though. Maybe I can find someone who wants a custom match 3 game.

Excellent job apart from the 4 months of silence.

21. Simon_says

Simon_says

Is it possible that you make a dynamic level map? Or that is the current plan on your roadmap? Because at the moment it works with a background which can't have unlimited amount of levels and whenever we add more levels we have to change that as well.

22. yurowm

yurowm

This thing already implemented. Yes, this is dynamic level map. In the current version we have only one map (one image), but in the next version it will be an array of little locations. And if you want to add some new levels, you should just add new location prefab in the map array, it will give you additional slots for new levels.
    See on these pictures for understanding how it works.
    And if you want, location may no contain any images. It can be empty location with solid color, for example. And you can use one location multiple times. So it is possible to make map for 10k levels without memory issue.
    Also it works really fast because script removes all locations which don't showed on the screen. When you scroll down/up, script will create new instance which must be showed, and it will remove locations which must be hided.
    img1.PNG img2.png

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    Simon_says likes this.
  23. John-Klotz

John-Klotz

This is a great product overall and I am very pleased with what came in this match three package. It is very easy to use the level editor and to create your own levels which is a great feature.

The only issue I came across was that there are some bugs in the code. After a user has beat a level, they can continue to move the pieces around causing the move counter to go negative. Also, the sugar cubes can be removed with the "cut" power up, but the game doesn't recognize that the sugar cube was removed from the board.

Overall great product! You did an amazing job!

24. yurowm

yurowm

Hey John,
    Thank you for your feedback! As for second bug, you need add some code in the BoosterCut.cs file.
    img1.PNG

As for first one, can you better explain this use case? Or make shirt video? I can't repeat this bug.

25. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

On the subject of small bugs :). One I find very annoying (Unity 5.2) is that in the editor any level that has a limitation set to time will change back to moves once the hierarchy closes, you reload a scene or perform a build. You have to check every level with limitation set to time to make sure it is set right just before every build or you'll find all of your levels set to moves.

26. yurowm

yurowm

Oh, yes! Thank you!
    For fixing this bug you need to add some code lines in LevelProfile.GetClone() function.
    img1.PNG

27. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

Wow! You're back with a vengeance! Only other thing I can think of for the moment is upgrading the Soomla integration. They have changed their toolset and I am not sure how much longer they will support your current implementation.

28. yurowm

yurowm

I am planning to make update in a month. So I think it will no problem if I will update soomla. Or there is another problem which I don't know?

29. hluper

hluper

30. yurowm

yurowm

I can't install it. Can you explain what the problem? I just tried to make test purchase in my demo with old version of Soomla Store. And it works fine!

31. solideuk

solideuk

Hi Victor

Please could I get some assistance on the issue I've raised?

32. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

I am now using Soomla core version 1.0.6 and store version 1.7.15 and I had to make changes dealing with InsufficientFunds situations. Soomla changed that to an exception (InsufficientFundsException) from what it was before. That was all.

Perhaps you can make use of the "package uninstaller" asset so that in future versions of Berry Match Three, Soomla can be upgraded more easily than handpicking and deleting every file involved manually :)

33. yurowm

yurowm

Oh ok. I am working on this issue right now. So in the next update we will have last version of Soomla.
    Also it will not deep integrated, so if anybody will want to replace it to another IAP system, it will be much easier.

34. SanSolo

SanSolo

Hi, I'm building match 3 for a client using this framework. We have one issue. Sometimes when a level loads, there are already matches. Is there a way to prevent this? Now what happens is, I launch the level, berries match automatically before i even touch the screen. I tried to make use of FindSolution and Shuffle co routines, but they work with GameObjects whereas we want to check and shuffle before loading the level.
    Thanks!

35. yurowm

yurowm

Hi,Can you show me design of level where this issue repeats more often. Maybe you found any use cases when this bug is repeating?

36. SanSolo

SanSolo

@moneycan i can attach design tomorrow from office. First thing when I get to work

37. hluper

hluper

I tried that, but is says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into your google account" when I click buy. I tried it in Unity 5.2 and Unity 4.6.9 but it still does the same.
    How can I get this fixed?

38. SanSolo

SanSolo

Hi @moneycan I have attached a video and screenshot of the level. In the video, you can see as soon as level starts, some matches happen automatically. Thanks
    Also, it doesn't happen every time. Happens frequently, but not every time.

Attached Files:

39. SanSolo

SanSolo

Also, it happens on other levels too, frequently

40. yurowm

yurowm

It is pretty simple level. Did you make any changes in the code? I can't find this bug in the original asset. If you made changes, send me please source code by e-mail, I will check.
    yurowm+u3d@gmail.com

41. yurowm

yurowm

Did you submit last version to developer console?
    Did you sign you android application?
    Did you write your api key in the soomla settings?
    I received this error many times. This error means that you did't correctly configure the application and dev console.

42. SanSolo

SanSolo

Sent package via email. Thanks

43. SanSolo

SanSolo

We added a new powerup to the game. It works as expected. However, we are unable to add it to level designer. We want to add this new powerup to level designer so that we can design levels with this powerups available on start.
    I see
    Code (csharp):
    1. public int[] powerup = new int[maxSize * maxSize];
    but how do we add new powerup to this array?
    Thanks

44. SanSolo

SanSolo

@moneycan how can we make additional powerups appear in the Level designer. I have added it to ContentAssistant and it works in game as expected. But what additional steps should be performed so the powerups become available in the Level designer?

45. yurowm

yurowm

Hi.
    You don't have to write one question many times. I see when you write to me. You need to write only one time and when I will have spare time to reply you, I will reply.
    What kind of power up you want to add? Is it have color?

1. For the first you need to add new type of power up in the Content Assistanat with names (power up name + color)
    img1.PNG

2. Next step. You need to add new power up id in the code. (You must add it in the end of list)
    img2.png

3. Now you need to create new function in FieldAssistant. Which will create new power up. You may just copy one of them (GetNewColorBomb, for example) and then just change function name to your own and you need to change name from "ColorBomb" to one which you used in first step.
    And you should to add one line in AddPowerup function. You again can copy ColorBomb line and change there id and function. New line should be in the end of the list.
    img3.png

Also you need to add one line in GeneratePowerups function in the end of the list. This is function that is called when program is reading level design and create new power ups from this design.

img6.png

After that the game will be know how to add this power up to the field.

4. Now you need to add some code in the level editor. You should to open LevelButtonEditor script, and find there powerupLabel array. You need to add there new label (1-2 letters which will be displayed in the editor). New one also should be in the end of the list.

Code (CSharp):
    1. static string[] powerupLabel = {"XB", "B", "CB"};
    You need to make some changes in the DrowPowerUp function

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void DrawPowerUp () {
    2.         for (int x = 0; x < profile.width; x++)
    3.             for (int y = 0; y < profile.height; y++)
    4.             if (DrawSlotButton(x, y, rect, profile)) {
    5.                 profile.SetPowerup(x, y, profile.GetPowerup(x, y) + 1);
    6.                 if (profile.GetPowerup(x, y) > powerupLabel.Length)
    7.                     profile.SetPowerup(x, y, 0);
    8.             }
    9.         DrawWallPreview (rect, profile);
    10.     }
    That is all.

46. SanSolo

SanSolo

Sorry about the double post :) I had added powerup and added label to level designer. That last step of hooking up the actual powerup with the label is something I couldn't have done without help. Had to resolve this today, tight deadline.
    Apologies. It works perfectly now.

47. SanSolo

SanSolo

Hi Viktor,
    we are adding some more features, so understanding existing ones is crucial for our purpose. One thing I'm not understanding is , the DrawChip() feature. If I set the Chip Color to white, it will be random. But I cannot see in code where this random assigning is happening.

48. yurowm

yurowm

It is happening in the Field.FirstChipGeneration () function (FieldAssistant.cs file)
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         // replace random chips to nonrandom
    2.         for (x = 0; x < width; x++)                  
    3.             for (y = 0; y < height; y++)
    4.                 if (chips[x,y] == 0 && chips[x,y] != 9)
    5.                     NewRandomChip(x, y, true);    

49. SanSolo

SanSolo

Hi Viktor, we are adding a special Candy which depends on the current level number to set it's value.
    How do we find the current level number for this?

50. SanSolo

SanSolo

Another requirement, we are adding a Special Candy. One Special Candy for each Candy type. e.g: SpecialCandyBlue,SpecialCandyGreen,SpecialCandyOrange etc.
    We want to manually add special candy in Level builder. Here, we assign position for special candy. Then, the field will randomly choose the type of special candy i., whether it should be SpecialCandyBlue or SpecialCandyGreen etc.
    I tried to add it following how Jelly is added to the framework, but I ended up with errors .
    How do we add this new Special Candy to the framework? Thanks.