Search Unity

Berry Match-Three Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yurowm, Jun 29, 2015.

1. yurowm

yurowm

Logo.png
    Hello guys and girls,
    I created this thread for potential and current Berry Match-Three asset customers.
    I will attach major issues to this post when you will ask and when it will be resolved.
    Ask questions, write requests.
    o_O
    Yurov Viktor

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. LimboZone

LimboZone

any idea how to bing up levelselect in viewer so i can position new levels

3. yurowm

yurowm

Hi, you should just to activate your LevelList panel. But will be awesome if you will disactivate it after changing

img1.PNG

4. LimboZone

LimboZone

yeah done thanx

5. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi Viktor,

Nice to see you finally start a forum thread.
    I hope everything is going well with you.

I think now you have a forum presence, I should delete my review.

Regards
    John

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  6. yurowm

yurowm

Hi John,
    Yes, I have long had to start it. And thank you, it will be cool!
    Regards

7. LimboZone

LimboZone

quick question which chsarp file is the best to initalise scripts like google play services etc ??

8. yurowm

yurowm

9. LimboZone

LimboZone

10. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

Any one know how I would go about adding a intro video?

11. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi,
    If you do a search on the forum using the term "intro video" you will get a few threads that can show you a few ways
    although it appears that to play video requires Unity Pro.

John

12. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hello Viktor,

I have a feature request.

How about making a solution to create a match for a cube of 4 Chips like so
    XX
    XX

and create a special that creates 4 random bombs.

What do think.

Anyone else have any suggestions.?

John

13. yurowm

yurowm

Hi John,
    I already thought about this kind of matching.
    This feature require a fundamental revision of the logic of the search for solutions.
    We try to find which chip is center of solution, but 2x2 match solution does not have a center. Here it makes sense to create a system of search patterns, it will be more difficult, but more universally. I still did not set out plans to do something similar. But since the popularity of Soda, probably should.

14. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

Hello Viktor,

You have already implemented Sugar Drop : very nice feature, I Love it!

From this feature (Sugar Drop) could it be possible to have target objectives with pieces of something to find in the grid.

Something like the two parts of the book in this example of "Around the world in 80 Days" game

15. LimboZone

LimboZone

would be great in a future version if soomla profile could be intergrated to make social features easier also would be great to have a life system

John-Klotz likes this.
  16. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

Can anyone help me with implementing the soomla store. I am very new to unity and the tutorials do not seem to help. I am trying to set it up so the player can watch ads to receive credits. I'm sure im missing a very simple step, I'm not sure which step.

17. LimboZone

LimboZone

im trying do same thing will let u know when it works

18. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

How do I edit the slots . More specifically the slot graphic is showing up on top of my Jewel graphics. How do I move that layer behind my jewel graphic?

Attached Files:

19. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

In the sprites folder there's a sprite called slot.png. If you just replace that one with your own the slot graphic should show up in the right place.
    Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 09.15.38.png

20. Openworldcomics

Openworldcomics

Thank you. Worked like a charm.

21. Catsy99

Catsy99

How do I change the animation for the matched sprites, when they are destroyed? Instead of the sprites falling to the bottom, I would like them to fade away in the same spot.

22. Catsy99

Catsy99

In the Prefab > Effects folder, I have added my own Prefab named 'Myown', however this Prefab is not appearing automatically in the Inspector for Core (see below). How do I add this?

Screen Shot.png

Attached Files:

23. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Drag your Myown prefab to item ... where it says None(GameObject). Then type Effects in Category and then press Add.

John

24. Sephir11

Sephir11

Hi Viktor,

It's a very nice asset! Thank you!

Is there a way to change the the name of the prefab like "SimpleChipBlue" and change the sprites?
    And also a way to add more than 6 Chips color?

Thank you

25. Catsy99

Catsy99

Thanks Shoni! Simple when you know how!

I have another question, as I'm quite new to Unity, don't know how to go about it, tried playing around, but I don't yet have a solution.
    • When the player matches 3 in a row, instead of the sprites falling (like the first image below) I want to replace with a simple particle effect, in each slot (or across the 3 slots, like the second image below).
    • I have been able to remove the falling sprites effect from the code in SimpleChip.cs, but how do I implement a simple particle effect? I have an existing particle effect, but need to apply it - do I need to do this in a script, for this engine?
    3 matched in BerryMatchThree.png 3 matched sample alternative.png

Attached Files:

26. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi,
    Do yourself a favour and DO NOT rename the prefabs or sprites, the names are used throughout the code, if you want to change the sprites create your own using the same names as in the sprite folder, there are three sprites for each A,B and C.
    Then just replace the contents of the Berries Folder with your sprites.
    The code randomizes the sprites throughout the game.

John

27. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi,

I think you would add public Gameobject YourParticlePrefab to SimpleChip.cs

and in the DestroyChipFunction()

Destroy GameObject;
    Instantiate(YourParticlePrefab, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);

Would probably need to be in a coroutine to create a delay before the sprite object is destroyed

John

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  28. Catsy99

Catsy99

Hi John, thanks, did as you said, and then applied the prefab to the Inspector for each Simple Chip - worked perfectly!

29. Catsy99

Catsy99

Hi John, re. Message # 27, hoping you can help (again) - when the player matches chips, how would I go about making the particles match the color of the matched chips? My particle Prefab has the 1 colour set (white), but when the chips are matched, I would like the particles to reflect the color of the matched chips before they are destroyed. Would I do this in code?

30. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi,

Make a particle prefab for each color, then assign each color to the matching colored SimpleChip Prefab in the Inspector.

John

31. Sephir11

Sephir11

Ok thank you John for your anwer

32. Charlie_T

Charlie_T

How can I change Sprites? I change in folder SimpleChip in folder Prefab but not success.

Thank in advance.

33. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

Anyone else getting these errors? Clean import from assets store in unity 5.1.3
    Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 12.25.26.png

34. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

replace sprites in folder match-tree engine -> sprites -> berries

35. Catsy99

Catsy99

Hi,yes I keep getting the same, and found I needed to start again to get rid of those messages (reimport into a new project). If you find out a better way, please let us know.

36. Catsy99

Catsy99

Hi, I have created a new sprite sheet animation and would like to play it when chips are matched. I gather I need to add code to the SimpleChip.cs and also add some things to the Inspector for the Simple Chip prefabs. What is the best way to go about this?

37. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi,
    This seems to be what you already did to create your own particle effect when the chip is destroyed, just this time you show an animation.
    John

38. Charlie_T

Charlie_T

Many thanks.

39. Charlie_T

Charlie_T

How can I remove music button in Pause menu?

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

40. LimboZone

LimboZone

select the button in editor window and press delete

41. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

If he does that, he will lose the button on the main menu as well.

john

42. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

How would I go about adding a different background for each level? I assumed it would be easy by just adding an image to the Field group and load the contents of that image based on the level. However, when I do this the Slots group containing the chips is hidden by the background even though the Slots are at the very bottom of the hierarchy and should display on top of everything.
    When I use the Background object in the FieldCamera the background does not scale with the different aspect ratios for the different devices with the same ease as a UI image.

43. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

Stupid me! I am adding the background in the UI which goes on top of everything and the Slots are "regular" gameobjects. So the cunning plan is not going to work and I will need to figure something out using the camera and the background.

44. dannydaboy1984

dannydaboy1984

hello, how can i remove the store option for a pc release?

45. Simon_says

Simon_says

Can you make it when the user opens the level list, the camera is focused on the last completed level and not on the first level, because if you have a lot of levels and most of them are completed, the user has to scroll all the way up to his last completed level to continue

Also, is it possible that you make a dynamic level map? Because at the moment it works with a background which can't have unlimited amount of levels and whenever we add more levels we have to change that as well. It's just a picture there, if add new picture = bigger map = bigger size in mb.

46. fabiobh

fabiobh

This game works on portrait mode, it's possible to create a landscape game using this asset?

47. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Of course it's possible, would not look to good on a mobile device though, would it.
    John

48. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

I have hit a snag with the android version. The level select buttons on the map don't react as expected. You need to tap them them very quickly in order to have a chance of the underlying onClick event to fire. I have checked this against the demo app from the play store and that suffers from the same problem. On a Samsung S6 by the way. I am using unity 5.2. The iOS version works just as expected.
    As far as I can work out the level select buttons use the standard unity button script to perform the animation but depend on the level button script attached to the same object which contains an onClick call to start loading the level. This onClick event seems to fire only when you manage a very short tap.
    There are several people out there experiencing the same problem. One solution to turn off the stand alone input module did not work for me.

Any ideas? And what has happened to Viktor?

49. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

As usual, I manage to answer my own question moments after I write it down and post it. I sat looking at the screen and my eye fell on the inspector showing the event system script and in particular on the drag threshold. And I said to myself: didn't that one cause me problems before? And yes it did then as it did now. Changing the drag threshold from 5 to 20 solved my problem. Because of the very small default drag threshold any press longer then the briefest of presses registers not as a click but as a drag.

50. power2k

power2k

Does anyone happen to know how to change the color of HALO or Corssbomb effects. I want to change one of the color Purple to another kind. What script or prefab holds the color of Halo/Crossbomb?

Thanks for your help in advance.