Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

BeholdR - Image Effects & HDR in your Scene View (TE WYSIWYG)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by asafsitner, Dec 12, 2013.

1. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

2. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Getting a null reference exception in Unity 5.3.1f1 upon import.

NullReferenceException
    Beholder.BeholdR.ReorderActualEffects () (at Assets/BeholdR/Code/BeholdR.cs:369)
    Beholder.BeholdR.UpdateBeholdR () (at Assets/BeholdR/Code/BeholdR.cs:193)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:217)

3. timothyallan

timothyallan

My asset store shows v 5.1.0 but when I download and install, BeholdR only shows that I've got 5.0.0, even after deleting/reinstalling. Tried multiple times from the asset store and then get a nice message from your plug saying the newest is 5.1.1 and i've got 5.0.0??

Oh, I've just checked the changelog and it indeed says I've got 5.1.0. Methinks you've forgotten to update the version number somewhere in the plugin itself?

Edit: I also can't get BeholdR going with SE Natural Bloom in 5.3.1p4, which is primarily the reason I bought it. BeholdR picks it up in the post effects list, but it doesn't actually show it working in Scene view.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  4. turritom

turritom

i use unity 5.3 and if i import the package i get this errors

i can not use the plugin

5. rfcrocha

rfcrocha

It's woking ok for me with unity 5.3.1 but I cannot make a build because it gives me this erros
    Untitled-2.png

Also, how is the SSAO integration going? I get this strange stripes in my scene
    Untitled-1.png

6. p6r

p6r

Impossible to build too, even if it works fine as long as I don't play the scene...
    6R

7. hareljann

hareljann

Testing watch thread.

Edit:
    There was a problem where we didn't got email notification for this thread.
    We're looking into the issues ATM and will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for the patience.

8. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

Thanks! :D

Both the build error and version numbering has been fixed in the latest version (5.1.1) that is now live on the Asset Store.

This sounds like a special case problem that requires further investigation.
    Please send an email to support [at] virtual-mirror.com with all the details and we'll take it from there.

First of all that level looks really cool! :)
    Second, SSAO integration is still being investigated.

Please try again with the newest version from the Asset Store.
    I can't seem to be able to reproduce the problem on my end.

rfcrocha likes this.
  9. rfcrocha

rfcrocha

Don't know if someone is having the same problem but, both times i used the plugin it starts to "eat" my ram as I work. And when I compile some scripts, apply prefabs or save the scene it starts to take longer and longer. As soon as I close unity and open again everything is fine. Is there some kind of leak?

10. hareljann

hareljann

We're looking into it and will update ASAP.

11. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my end.
    Are you certain the problem is with BeholdR?
    Does it happen with any project you're working on?
    Can you send a sample project where the issue occurs to support [at] virtual-mirror.com?

Thank you, and best of luck with your project! :)

12. rfcrocha

rfcrocha

Yes, its happening in my current project. I'm 100% sure it's a beholdR problem because since I removed it from the project (both times) I don't have any slowdowns when saving my scenes (which is super annoying).
    I don't think sending the project is beneficial since its something that start to show with some time of work (30min till I begin to notice the problem). If I manage to get some time maybe I'll do a test project.
    This might be stupid but, the camera that has the Beholdr script is a prefab. Any way that might be problematic?

13. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

I'm not sure.
    I'll take a deeper look into it during longer work sessions with multiple saves to try and recreate the issue.
    Thanks again for reporting the problem, and we'll be updating BeholdR ASAP with a fix.

14. wolfen231

wolfen231

Hello, I am getting the following error in the console when I use volumetric fog and mist. Any idea what to do? This happens of course when the preview is enabled in scene view and stops when disabled.

Can't remove VolumetricFog (Script) because VolumetricFogPosT (Script) depends on it
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    Beholder.BeholdR:CleanCamera(Camera) (at Assets/BeholdR/Code/BeholdR.cs:219)
    Beholder.BeholdR:SyncView(SceneView) (at Assets/BeholdR/Code/BeholdR.cs:193)
    Beholder.BeholdR:SynchronizeToScene() (at Assets/BeholdR/Code/BeholdR.cs:182)
    Beholder.BeholdR:BUpdate() (at Assets/BeholdR/Code/BeholdR.cs:144)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

15. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

Thank you for discovering a major oversight in the design of BeholdR - we don't take into account component dependency, and so when BeholdR tries to clean the component off the camera it runs into this error.
    We'll be working to fix that!

16. wolfen231

wolfen231

Yeah... haha. At some point while trying to find a way around this I managed to make BeholdR continue to replicate a tenkoku script for infinity. I had 100's of them in there. I think I was using the add option to the list of scripts on BeholdR

17. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

BeholdR 5.2 has been released to the Asset Store, including bug fixes and x3 performance improvement :)
    Thank you for your support and patience!

Alverik, docsavage and wolfen231 like this.
  18. IncomeCountry

IncomeCountry

Hi, I got the following error on Unity 5.4.0f2.

Image_20160804_003907_1_BeholdR_error.jpg

19. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

Hi,
    Thank you for submitting this bug!
    Unfortunately, we're unable to reproduce on our end. Is this consistent? Have you encountered it again after restarting the editor?

20. Arganth

Arganth

I encountered this bug on each version of Unity 5.4

21. IncomeCountry

IncomeCountry

Yes, it's consistent.
    However it occurs only in the play mode, not in the editor.
    (Restarting the editor, it makes no error at first.
    Whenever I push the Play button, the error appeared.)

Here's another screenshot from a different project...

Image_20160805_115621_1_BeholdR_error.jpg

22. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

Thank you for posting further details!
    Reproduced and working on a workaround. I expect it to be live in a few days :)

IncomeCountry and Arganth like this.
  23. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

We've fixed the issue and uploaded the new version to the Asset Store.
    In the meantime, you can replace the script at .../BeholdR/Code/Utilities.cs with the one attached, in order to apply the fix yourselves. :)

Attached Files:

IncomeCountry and Arganth like this.
  24. IncomeCountry

IncomeCountry

Yes, it works! The error is fixed.
    Thank you for a fast & kind support :)

25. Virtual-Mirror

Virtual-Mirror

BeholdR End of Life Notice

Starting with Unity Engine version 5.4.x, Unity has integrated the ability to view post process effects in the scene view natively.
    This means that the main feature set of BeholdR is no longer required an editor extension, and therefore we have decided to stop development on BeholdR.

Therefore, we have decided to stop development and sale of new BeholdR versions as of today.

Of course, current and past costumers will continue to receive support from us, if they require it, but we will not add any new features or update BeholdR to support newer versions of Unity Engine.

We thank you all for your continued trust in these past few years, being our valued customers.

With much appreciation,
    Virtual Mirror Game Studios

26. docsavage

docsavage

Sad to hear this. I am nearing the end of development of my first game and this asset has been a real help. Let's hope that the unity version is as reliable as yours has been.

Thanks

doc