Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback BeginPackageInitialization called every Tick, causes 40ms cost

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Peter77, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I noticed b8 is quite laggy and the Profiler revealed "BeginPackageInitialization" is being called every Tick, causing almost 40ms cost.

Just from the name "BeginPackageInitialization" I would expect it should be called once only, rather than per-frame?

Is this on your radar?

Profiler_BeginPackageInitialization.png

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If it's part of an new/empty 3D project then it was installed, otherwise I doubt it. I'll check this in b9 and see if the package is installed and then if removing it makes the issue disappear. Thanks for the reply!

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

yep, that was it. Removing the package gets rid of the 40ms cost. Thanks for the hint!

Quick question though, why is the XR Management package part of a new/empty "3D" Project? Perhaps it makes sense to remove it from "3D" and make it available in the "3D with Extras" template instead?

charlesb_rm, LeonhardP and eterlan like this.
  5. eterlan

eterlan

Thank you guys soooooo much!! I suffer from this problem these two month.. I thought it was problem of my computer or Odin inspector...

LeonhardP likes this.