Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Beginner wanting to implement fairly basic ML for game - NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Barracuda' started by JacobMWolf, Sep 14, 2022.

1. JacobMWolf

JacobMWolf

Hi everyone.

I'm an illustrator/designer/animator looking to design a video game as a passion project.

Recently taught myself the basics of C#, and I have a concept that I'm very enthusiastic about, but need to implement some *fairly* basic Machine Learning to pull it off.

Basically I need to use some sort of ML Engine to classify simple hieroglyphics that I've designed.

The idea is the player can draw one or more characters, and the game should be able to identify what the player has drawn from a library of characters/hieroglyphics that I've designed. So basically it should work very similarly to OCR software, except it needs to be trained on a made up language! But I wanna emphasise, it wouldn't be reading anything complex; usually just two "characters" on a page, not like entire sentence structures or anything.

I've been trying to do some research into what could work, but with my very restricted know-how around all things programming related, it's a bit of a struggle.

So far this tutorial seems closest to what I wanna achieve.

The problem is I have no idea on how to take what he's done here and implement that with a new library of training data.

Tensorflow also looks promising, but I basically want to know is what I want to achieve possible by purely using Barracuda and other unity plug ins?

Seeing as Tensorflow uses Python, I'd be so wildly out of my depth that I wouldn't know where to start!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.