Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Beginner learning partners wanted! To help me and collaborate on learning 2D game dev

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by maxkcy, Oct 22, 2021.

1. maxkcy

maxkcy

Hey! Thanks for showing interest. TLDR; want to learn Unity in depth and fast? I do too. Let's work together to learn 2D. Limited time opportunity.

I'm Max and I'm brand new to Unity, but I have 1 years worth of experience coding. Regardless, I am not exactly an experienced coder, I'm fairly beginner at that too. This stuff is difficult for me, and I didn't know where to start or how to start. Although I found some wonderful resources, some drag on for eternity, and really don't cover the subject matter in an adequate time format, where-else, the other resources can be scarce in information, or lacking otherwise useful information. Furthermore, many are split up randomly covering different topics that I have no idea how to orderly select to learn. I wonder who else has had this same experience. Anyway, after 10 days of researching Unity, I've decided that I'm going to create my own custom learning path, that will be an in-depth, and tailored approach to learning for beginners like me, specifically someone who wants to comprehend many different things, as swiftly, quickly, easily, effortlessly, and enjoyably as possible. The goal is to make our first project within a few months time.

I've looked around and at the end decided to crave out my own learning path. Hooray, pat on my back for being innovative (thank you, thank you)! However, I still had trouble figuring out how to do some tasks after writing down what I wanted to learn. Since the past week I am always researching and looking things up, and it is exhausting even thinking about what I want to learn next, and then finally as I'm doing them, hours tick by from me just scanning through tutorials and references, and trying to figure out how to get it done. Therefore I've created this post. I am looking for anyone, but mostly beginners, who would like to work on the same tasks I am for learning. So that we can all gather multiple good resources for the section. Let's teach each other. Show and share what you made with the knowledge we you acquired. I will be the guide for the projects. These will be your projects, but I will assign everyone to a learning task. So simple. I will assign everyone to the same task. I will make sure that it is something that is doable in a few hour long time frame, daily, however, you will be solely responsible for you own learning, and I hope you will be dedicated to learning. We will work together, but individually, then regroup and present, and show others how to do it. The first ones to figure out how to complete the task will help the other group members figure it out.

If you are interested, reach out to me @ https://discord.gg/wDrVq9Bp, this is my own funny little learning academy, and message me on this thread.

stryfe1986 and Hobbyists320 like this.