Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Beginner kit takes too long to open

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TheMadTomato1209, May 13, 2020.

1. TheMadTomato1209

TheMadTomato1209

I started programming in unity, looking from youtube. Then i saw that there is a tutorial, where you get big introduction in scripting and its limited free right now. So i decided to check it out, but i got stopped by something.

I know that it is a lot more bigger than my testing projects, but it is taking more then half an hour, and it still hasent finishes yet. Do you know what can be causing it or it just has to be like that?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

One part of it is that Unity's way of importing assets needs improvement, but another part of it is that Unity's minimum and recommended system requirements are way understated. You can make games with a machine that it recommends but it's not a pleasant experience.

My computer has an AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (6 core/12 thread), 32GB RAM, and a Samsung SATA SSD. It's not a new system but it's definitely not a budget machine either. Worst case scenario I've seen is builds and imports taking multiple hours.

Thankfully it's almost always a one-time process due to Unity caching everything in the Library folder assuming you don't add or change a ton of files between builds and imports.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    TheMadTomato1209 likes this.
  3. TheMadTomato1209

TheMadTomato1209

Ok thank you!