Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question (beginner) How can I play animations of multiple objects in a scene at the same time?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by syqb, Nov 2, 2022.

1. syqb

syqb

*I'm a 3DCG animator using Maya and just started learning Unity so don't understand basics...

There're a character and a balloon (produced by his nose) in a scene.
    I made animations of the character and the balloon with Maya and exported them to FBX files.
    In Unity scene, I added "animation" component to both the character and the balloon models and imported the animations, set them to animation components.
    When I selected the character and play animation in "Animtion" tab, the character moves (sleep) but the balloon doesn't move.
    When I selected the balloon and play animation in "Animtion" tab, the balloon moves (spread) but the character doesn't move.
    How can I make them move at the same time?
    I searched so hard but there's no answer on Google so please help me.