Search Unity

Beginner 3PS Script Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Darloc, May 19, 2011.

1. Darloc

Darloc

I have been working on a 3PS scripting pack, so far I have
    -character movement
    -mouse aiming
    -three cameras (follow main char, scrolling where character can move around in it, fixed where character can move around inside it)
    -bullets script
    -enemy script with 3 movement types (chase, patrol, and random)
    -Health for character and enemies
    -Reload functions
    -sound integration

Everything is fully customizable from the Unity engine, basically anyone who can follow easy directions and has the assets can make a full 3PS without coding anything

I just had a few questions for the community
    -Is there anything you would want added to this?
    -Would 10$ be reasonable or should I stick with 5$?

Thanks and I'll keep those interested updated.

2. pixellegolas

pixellegolas

add melee combat and you have at least 1000 buyers :) Or 1 at least and that is me

3. phex

phex

With your pack and my dungeon our customers can make games in no time :)

4. Darloc

Darloc

Yeah the Melee is already set up for opponents you can set there range but good idea to set it up for the main player I'll work on that now

5. N-Dev-Games

N-Dev-Games

Is it ready to buy now?

6. arvzg

arvzg

I'm quite interested. I've already built my own 3rd person controller script from scratch but if yours is better (most likely will be!) I'd be interested in purchasing.

Make sure you handle camera occlusions. If you do then for $5 or even $10 I'm likely to buy it cause I'm having a hard time handling camera occlusion

edit: by camera occlusion I meant situations where the character is occluded (not visible) to the camera - so you need to zoom in/move around to make sure the character is always visible

7. pixellegolas

pixellegolas

or make the object partially transparent that occludes the player :)

8. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

If Melee makes it in as a feature I would easily pay $10-$20 for a good setup.

9. phex

phex

me too

10. Darloc

Darloc

@HollyWood It is not in the Asset store yet I am trying to add as much as possible to it before submitting it to the app store

@Arvz Thanks for the suggestion I will work on Occlusion right now and see what I can't work up

Thanks Guys for the suggestions and support

11. leonardarmstead

leonardarmstead

I sent you a pm darloc

12. Darloc

Darloc

I don't know if I made this clear (from a PM I received) This is a scripting package not a graphics package I don't model

13. pixellegolas

pixellegolas

that is what we want :) but maybe you can use the 3rd person worker as an example when setting up stuff?

14. arvzg

arvzg

Yes you definitely should include an example so people can figure out how to use your script. The 3rd person controller which comes with Unity has a model of a construction worker which you can use to build an example scene.

15. Darloc

Darloc

I am building an example scene with a blockman so there will be an indepth tutorial don't worry, and I'm getting there still working on a good occlusion method

16. bruno liao

bruno liao

support iOS will brings more sell.I am trying to make a iphone shooting game,and have spent a lot of time to migrating a FPS construction KIT from PC platform to iOs.

17. Darloc

Darloc

I am pleased to say I have figured out the Occlusion as well as the Melee, I am now busy writing an enemy selection script, I allready have it where you can click and select I just want to make a ring I will try to post a demo project today if I can Thanks and any more suggestions?

Bruno, I am not very familiar with iOS development but if you can pm me and help me understand some of the differences I would be glad to give it a go

18. Darloc

Darloc

Here is the first Demo of this, just to show you a few of the things it can do, it's not much but I will make a better one before the end of next week hopefully, any last second requests before I polish and put in the app store?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Darloc/3ps-script-pack

19. Darloc

Darloc

I added weapon change/Drop as well as a character health bar I will post a better demo soon