Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Begginer] It's easy to upload the game to STEAM? How Unity tracks my sales?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Dhementor, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Dhementor

Dhementor

Hi there,

I'm starting to develop a game in unity, for now I'm using the Free License but I have a loot of doubts, and one is:

It is easy to upload a game to Steam?

and the second question

How will Unity know how much I earned with the steam sales? I'm not very clear about How they know and what I need to do to have Unity updated with the sales and that stuff.

This is not stopping me with the develop but it's killing me inside because I'm not sure if what I'm doing will be ok or I will need to re-code some parts of the game.

Thanks in advance and if there is a thread with this question I didn't find it :(

Regards
    Dhementor

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Steam requires you to go through the greenlight process. It's basically a popularity contest. You have to persuade Steam that your game will generate enough sales to be worth putting on the store.

As to Unity tracking sales, they don't explicitly. Unity does track general usage stats, but that's it. Keeping track of sales and upgrading your lisence as needed is your responsibility.

Dhementor likes this.
  3. Dhementor

Dhementor

Perfect, I know about the greenlight and I will need to investigate with Steam then the requirements that I need to accomplish.

Regarding the tracking, Really thanks, now I'm more relaxed :)

I'm totally beginner with game development.

Regards
    Dhementor