Search Unity

Beerblock - Beer, turrets and platforms

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by herpderpy, Apr 22, 2012.

1. herpderpy

herpderpy

I've just started getting back into Unity again, so thought I'd share some work I'm currently working on as a project to get my knowledge level back up.

It's a platformer where you happen to be a block collecting... beer. The only problem is somebody (or something) wants to spoil your fun. On your way to becoming a paralytic block, you must conquer the almighty turrets and pass through the masses of platforms to reach your ultimate goal.

Anyway, we're not quite there yet. Infact, I've only just started working on it. Check it out, tell me what you think (And also spam me with lots and lots of bugs you found) and hopefully you'll enjoy it. It's only a short scene (Will probably take you about 30 seconds to complete), but it's a rough estimate of what's happening in game.

PS. Enjoy having my beautiful melodies tormenting your brain for the rest of the week... duh duh duh duh duh.

known bugs:
    - Physics and collision. I'll get this sorted once I find the problem.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. Duskling

Duskling

Well,

You jump like your on the moon, the jumping is delayed a bit after the key, the music makes me want to cut my ears off, and that's all I can think of.

Nice start though.

3. herpderpy

herpderpy

The game is based on a drunken block, you honestly expected to jump normally? ;) As for the music, same as before. I have a lot more planned to make it even more annoying, but thanks for the comment :)

4. virror

virror

Haha, music is epically annoying!
    Great job : D

5. LeakySink

LeakySink

The idea of a drunk block is cool, does it get drunker the more beer you consume because that would be pretty cool too.

Cut the music, I stopped playing because of it.

The controls need work, I get that he's a drunk cube but he doesn't feel drunk, he feels like he's just ignoring my input. Platformers should especially be snappy and responsive if the player is required to make any kind of precise jumping or movement.

Saying that, keep going. Decent concept, you've already got some basics in you'll get there in the end.

6. Max_Damage

Max_Damage

Good concept. Does he find a toilet to be sick in? Also he needs to pick up a curry, pizza or kebab.

7. herpderpy

herpderpy

I have planned the kebab, along with some other interesting features I hope to have up once I finish fixing the physics. On the physics side, thanks for the comments guys. I'm really looking into how to create realistic physics as I'm finding it quite hard to tweak at the moment.