Search Unity

Becoming Unity Certified

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by RatPackGaming, May 4, 2022.

1. RatPackGaming

RatPackGaming

So Im thinking about getting certified in Unity, however there is a few things i’m not sure on. Not to mention it’s relatively expensive to register or even get course materials/practice tests so if you have taken one of the tests before or have any information please feel free to share!

First, how hard is it? I’ve been programming in Unity for like 5 years (non-professionally). If that’s the case i should have no problem with the regular certification (User), or should i just take the associates test instead?

Second, what should i expect to see on either (certification or associate) of these tests? Obviously unity/programming is quite complex with many different areas of knowledge/expertise, so how much should i know beforehand? What areas should i focus in? the more specific the better.

libraryguyeli and NarutoU21 like this.
  2. Replicant_AD

Replicant_AD

Hello this is Darold
    On January 3rd I took the Unity certification exam and passed with a score of 604 out of a max of 700, thus receiving the credential of Unity Certified Associate: Game Developer. I first started using Unity around 2011 for a video game design course I had in grad school. After graduating in 2012, I didn't use it again seriously until about 2019.

3.png

New features and functionality have been added since then of course, but the general principles have stayed in place. However from 2019, I focused on leveling up with Unity to get certified and continue growing my company.

For the exam, I spent approximately 3 months of focused training by doing courses on Unity Learn which was helpful. The exam was challenging covering animation, game design principles, lighting, materials and effects, physics and programming among some of the topics. If you have been programming with Unity for as long as you say, it should help, but still consider preparing with courseware, videos, etc.