Search Unity

Becoming a 3D Animator Which is The Best Software Ever?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by bijutoha, Dec 1, 2014.

1. bijutoha

bijutoha

Animation is always touching me like delicious foods. I'm going to make me a professional animator since 1 year on 3D Max. First time, I thought, It is only a way to learn animation, but day by day, I saw a nice list still there to create you a great animator such as
    ZBrush
    Cinema 4D
    3D Movie Maker
    Anim8or

And what is yours that really easy and helpful for beginning?

2. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

scratch ZBrush off that list. You can't really 3D animate with ZBrush. 3D Movie Maker and Anim8tor I know only by name but I never heared of them as professional tools.

If you want actually professional tools - from that List Cinema 4D is the best option even though you only get the dedicated character tools in the Studio Edition. See the comparison chart on Maxon's website for that. Motionbuilder is a dedicated and professional animation software which is also pretty much standard for raw MoCap Data.
    If you want a very solid set of tools for an affordable price you might want to look into MODO or MayaLT.
    If you've got no budget then Blender probably is the way to go.

3. medhue

medhue

IMHO, Blender blows away most other programs for animating. I've used 3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Poser, Dazstudio, and many many more, but Blender blows them all away. Not by just a little, but by miles, and it is always getting better.

Here is a look at my set up in Blender. This was only a rough outline of the animation. I've changed it alot since.

4. Josenifftodd

Josenifftodd

Maya is the best bet for animation and everything as 3DS max is kinda awkward to do things in. I found Maya tons easier, they is online tutorials which will show you the basics. I found following basic TUT's for maya then start modeling by following Blender TUT's while modelling inside Maya (don't do this until you know what each tool does in Maya as you will run into problems. Know short-cuts and what edge loop tool does, extrude tool all that kinda stuff and you should be on your way to modelling within a few months.)