Search Unity

Beautify! - Improve image quality producing incredibly crisp and vivid scenes

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kronnect, May 3, 2016.

1. Barritico

Barritico

Thanks. Buy!!!

Kronnect likes this.
  2. emrekalafat

emrekalafat

i try to export for ios it's cannot work beauce of Beautify
    resources assets step when i delete Beautify it's work pls fix this or give me my money back

3. Kronnect

Kronnect

@emrekalafat compilation of uber shaders like Beautify take some time. After first compilation, output shaders get cached by Unity and next builds are faster.

To speed up the build, click on Build Options and uncheck all effects that you don't use:

Then, just wait for the build to finish.

This feature is described in page 11 of the documentation. If you still have any other issue, please contact us by email including your invoice number and Unity version.

Thanks!

4. emrekalafat

emrekalafat

hopeful and Kronnect like this.
  5. nxrighthere

nxrighthere

@Thrawn75 It's possible to make Sun Flares ignore a certain colliders and render flares through them?

Kronnect likes this.
  6. Kronnect

Kronnect

Yep, latest beta in our support forum on kronnect.com already provides a layer mask option for the Sun flares occlusion.

nxrighthere likes this.
  7. Cygon4

Cygon4

I think the Eye Adaptation filter is acting funny for me :p

Assume my game's character is standing in the shadow of a building in bright daylight.

What I observe:
    • When the character looks down, the entire image instantly gets darker (including parts of the sky that remain in view). Brightness then slowly goes up.
    • When the character looks up, the entire image instantly gets brighter (including the ground that was almost black but now is clearly visible). Brightness then slowly goes back to normal.
    What I would expect:
    • When the character looks down, the eyes remain adjusted to the sky and the ground is very dark. The brightness is slowly turned up until the ground is clearly visible.
    • When the character looks up, the eyes remain adjusted to the dark and the sky is too bright. The brightness is slowly turned down until the sky stops glaring.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Kronnect likes this.
  8. LunaTrap

LunaTrap

I would like to request separate layer mask for bloom and flares would that be possible?

I want somethings to shine but not create flares.

9. Kronnect

Kronnect

@LunaTrap hi! Unfortunately that's not possible without impacting performance pretty much. Bloom and Anamorphic Flares reuse the same depth mask pass and blends together into the same buffer for the main pass - having them separate would require an additional depth render pass plus another texture fetch in the main pass.

You could try a workaround: edit Beautify.cs script and remove DisallowMultipleComponent from the class definition (around line 39). Then add a second Beautify component to the camera just for the anamorphic flares. Note that this will apply the image enhancement filters twice so you may need to reduce the intensity on both scripts. Not an ideal solution by far...

10. LunaTrap

LunaTrap

Thanks a lot for the workaround.

11. Kronnect

Kronnect

@Cygon4 we're testing new eye adaptation options, stay tuned ...

Cool news! We have a new beta with support for VR Single Pass Instanced. Anyone doing VR and interested in testing, please send me a pm. Thanks!

12. Kronnect

Kronnect

RonnyDance likes this.
  13. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hi! Is it possible that we will get Beatify version integrated into Post-processing stack v2?

v2 is great (fog is a must + color grading is superb + decent motion blur) but Beautify provides some effects much nicer and I would love to use it on the v2 stack.

Arganth, red2blue and Kronnect like this.
  14. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hi, so great to see the 5.5 version. But I realize the Beautify broken if I disable and enable again on runtime with Best Performance

Update:
    Now it working fine again after I reimport the Beautify

Kronnect likes this.
  15. Kronnect

Kronnect

Update 5.5 is now available. After importing, please remember to review the Build Options using the button at top of Beautify’s inspector to enabl/disable your desired effects.

The change log:

- VR: added support for Single Pass Instanced mode (Unity 2017.2.0+)
    - Eye adaptation: improved algorithm (in Best Qualty setting)
    - Sun Flares: added occlusion mask option
    - Anamorphic Flares: added option to remove blur passes with Best Performance mode
    - [Fix] Added shader workaround for Mali G71 GPU hardware issue with normals
    - [Fix] Fixed bloom/flares temporarily disappearing when saving the scene

nxrighthere likes this.
  16. gecko

gecko

I'm trying to use Vignette with Mask to darken the screen except around a particular area of interest. I've got it set up, with a Mask Texture that has a transparent hole in the desired area of the screen...but that transparent area is whitened instead of purely transparent. The rest of the mask works nicely, but why is the transparent area white, not transparent? Vignette color is set to a dark color.

17. Kronnect

Kronnect

Yep, grayscale factor at edges was overriding the result and it shouldn't - I'm sending you a patch by pm.

18. gecko

gecko

awesome thanks!

19. Kronnect

Kronnect

You're welcome! :)

20. Kronnect

Kronnect

Adam-Bailey likes this.
  21. Kronnect

Kronnect

A small tool that makes transparent objects write to the _CameraDepthTexture
    Useful for some full screen effects that rely on this special depth buffer:

Also, latest Beautify beta includes a new option for Sun Flares occlusion which can work without colliders.
    If you're interested in this stuff, just pm me.

chiapet1021 likes this.
  22. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

Is this tool included as part of Beautify, or a separate asset? I'm wondering if this might help with SEGI and some of the other dynamic global illumination solutions in development out there, which are limited to deferred rendering only, I believe because of lack of writing to _CameraDepthTexture by forward-rendered objects.

23. Kronnect

Kronnect

Maybe - I’ll send you a copy. Currently this has been made to fix an issue with transparent objects and the Outline effect but it can have many uses.

chiapet1021 likes this.
  24. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

I totally appreciate the offer, but I am not nearly technical enough to attempt that sort of fix. Could I refer folks in a couple of other threads I'm following to you to determine if you want to share the tool with them?

25. Kronnect

Kronnect

Sure!

chiapet1021 likes this.
  26. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi,

A silent update is now available. A silent update often includes very few or specific changes that are useful for some users and get incorporated for future downloads but won't trigger a general update notification to existing users. Since they may not be useful for the majority of users, forcing everyone to update is just a waste of time and a vector for random problems (importing, reenabling the shader features from Build Options button, etc.).

If you're interested in getting this update just switch to the Asset Store download manager inside Unity Editor and click "Update" or "Download" to get a refreshed version of the package. If you're registered on the support forum on kronnect.com, you should have received an email notification with the download link.

This update includes two optional features that needs to be activated editing the file BeautifyAdvancedParams.cginc file. This file is self-described and contains some useful "defines" that activate specific behaviour or features.

Feature 1:
    - Option to enable Sun flares occlusion with objects that don't have colliders.

Sun Lens Flares effect triggers when the defined Sun position is visible in screen and not occluded by any object. By occluded it means that no collider should be in front of the player. If an object has no collider and is between the Sun and camera, it will not occlude it. To avoid this issue, this option does a depth check at shader level, hence any opaque geometry will occlude the Sun regardless of colliders.

Feature 2:
    - Added new tonemap operator which produces less saturation on bright colors (see manual)

A variant of ACES operator is included which produces less saturation on bright colors. When enabled the image will darken a bit so you may need to increase exposure.

Regards.

akareactor, Adam-Bailey and red2blue like this.
  27. TabiqueMalevolo

TabiqueMalevolo

Hi, I'm about to purchase this, but before i have a question. Will the Depth of Field work with sprites correctly? Maybe I too rookie and I'm doing something wrong, but the Unity Depth of field kind of sucks, I'd like things that are in the same location to be with the correct focus, and I'd like everything to work like in the The Last Night trailer

https://i.imgur.com/bvpoEjs.png

28. Kronnect

Kronnect

Depth of Field effect relies on the depth buffer so you need to use a sprite material that's compatible with that.
    Volumetric Fog & Mist includes a couple of custom sprite shaders for that purpose - I'll send you a copy if you purchase Beautify so you can make those sprites compatible with the DoF effect.

29. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi there,

Beautify 5.6 is now available with the following changes:

- Renamed and expanded Build Options to include new shader options:

- Performance improvements

Some shader improvements (+2 FPS improvement on Mali-T720 and similar chipsets)
    Dithering can now be disabled at all, also adding a bit of improvement on mobile devices

- Change: Outline Sobel setting is now a shader advanced option
    Please note that the Sobel mode is now located under the Advanced Options.

- Added new shader option to enable Sun flares occlusion with objects that don't have colliders
    Depth buffer is used to determine Sun occlusion.

- Added new tonemap operator which produces less saturation on bright colors
    Only available in Best Quality mode.

Fixes:
    - Custom bloom & anamorphic flares blur handling for Mali-T720 GPU. Fixes rotation and floating point buffers issues due to a bug in Unity.
    - Fixed issue with Sun flares not showing up when bloom and anamorphic flares are not used
    - Fixed bloom blur aspect ratio bug in best performance mode

Cheers.

RonnyDance and hopeful like this.
  30. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

The new ACE Tonemap is pretty awesome. I used Linear before because the ACE saturation was too strong. Now ACE looks really good and natural like the Unity Postprocess version.
    Love it!

Kronnect likes this.
  31. Kronnect

Kronnect

Cool. Picture or doesn't exist! :)

32. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Here you go. Not perfect and fast made, but you get the idea ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Kronnect likes this.
  33. Kronnect

Kronnect

Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

34. LunaTrap

LunaTrap

Question, I want to set up multiplayer using split screen, but if I change the camera viewport vectors the bloom affect gets all messed up, how can I fix this?

35. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi LunaTrap, did some tests with multiple viewport configurations with Unity 2017.2 and Unity 2017.3 on Mac and Windows but didn't find anything strange. Could you elaborate more on the issue you're finding? Thanks.

36. LunaTrap

LunaTrap

Here is a video showing the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74ou1t6ks416qg3/bandicam 2018-03-02 11-42-58-140.avi?dl=0

Disregard the fire moving weirdly, I forgot to change the width of the second camera. I tried again this time changing the width and the fire behaves normally but the bloom is still out of whack.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  37. Kronnect

Kronnect

Can't replicate the issue - does the problem goes away if you disable other effects, like the decals command buffer attached to the camera shown in the video? Also, can you replicate the issue on the demo scene #1 of Beautify?

38. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone,

We're looking for beta-testers interested in Beautify 6.
    Beta 2 is now available on our support forum with these two new effects:

- LUT support
    - Vignetting Fade Out

If you don't have access to the private board and would like to try it, send me a pm.
    Thanks!

39. Kronnect

Kronnect

Beautify 6 has been submitted.

This update adds:

- LUT support
    - Vignetting Fade Out
    - Pixelate effect

The last two additions are great to create vintage or retro transitions/effects!

If you would like the update now and have your invoice number just send me a pm.

Cheers!

RonnyDance likes this.
  40. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Congrats for the new Release of this essential AAA asset.
    Any Screenshots to see the new features in action?

Cheers
    Ronny

chiapet1021 likes this.
  41. Kronnect

Kronnect

Thank you Ronny.

The new Vignetting Fade Out enables complete fade in/out effect preserving the original vignette settings. Most vignetting implementations do not allow to cover the entire image - the fade out darkens the entire image (to the same vignetting color) while increasing the intensity of the original vignetting effect.

The Pixelate effect produces a retro-style effect. If can also downscale the framebuffer which improves overall performance.

Bloom and anamorphic flares are not affected by the pixelate effect which produces a better result:

Finally, the long-time requested LUT support is now available - the previous Sepia effect has been revamped - it now can be achieved using the provided Sepia LUT texture (inside Beautify/Resources/Textures) or forcing the previous procedural method (this option can be enabled in the Shader Options section):

Regards.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    twobob, AdamGoodrich, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  42. Kronnect

Kronnect

Some users ask if they can use only bloom or DoF or some specific effect while skipping the image enhancement core filters (sharpen, dither, vibrance, ..) and yes, that can be done disabling the checkbox below:

twobob, Tethys and hopeful like this.
  43. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

How do you get this results?
    Using LUT I only get a result like your last image (yellow like) since you provide one texture only for LUT. Are you using different textures for the results?

44. Kronnect

Kronnect

Yes, a different LUT texture is assigned per screenshot. You can assign it at runtime by assigning different profile or using:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Beautify.instance.LUT = <your LUT texture>;

hopeful likes this.
  45. skinwalker

skinwalker

I have Beautify added on 3 cameras in my scene and I made my own profile, the problem is when I close unity and reopen it the active camera reverts the Beautify preset to the old values, Sharpness was 1, reopen unity it's back to 6. I clicked Apply multiple times. I have to go and edit the profile by selecting it and then it is saved.

46. Kronnect

Kronnect

Profile should never be changed unless you click Apply - will check this and get back to you.

47. Kronnect

Kronnect

@skinwalker when using same profile on different cameras, if you click "Apply" it will store current settings on that Beautify script onto the profile scriptableobject. Rest of cameras won't get a refresh unless you hit "Play". This has been changed so in next update any change to a shared profile among several cameras is automatically refreshed on all of them.

48. skinwalker

skinwalker

Try attaching those 2 cameras to a game object that is not active, not sure if it will help. Yeah I am aware that you should refresh the rest of the cameras, but the problem is that the currently active camera has settings that are reset when you reopen Unity, which doesn't really make sense. But anyway I'd prefer to edit the scriptable object to make sure it's all the same across my different cameras.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Kronnect likes this.
  49. Kronnect

Kronnect

Will do.

50. Kronnect

Kronnect

Here's another minor but interesting effect in upcoming 6.1 leveraging the new vignetting options:

hopeful, skinwalker and red2blue like this.