Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful video from Lumion (game engine for vis)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by duke, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Doeko

Doeko

Interesting this. The interface is a lot simpler than Unity's (but also quite slow to work with imo) and is a lot more artist friendly (i.e. people who are not familiar with game engines at all and don't have time to become familiar with them...but are familiar with 3d design).

The graphics are OK but with some effort is anyone going to say this level of graphical quality cannot be achieved in Unity? It's certainly miles behind something like CryEngine 3. If you work on it hard enough I'm pretty sure you can already get something similar with all the post processing available in Unity. Does anyone know if it is that much faster than Unity? 18 million polygons sounds like a lot but if you keep the drawcalls down you can do that in Unity as well.

2. janpec

janpec

I think that this can be done in Unity pretty much visually. The only thing that you cannot do is use 18 mil polys with anything else but bare empty hole of endless space.

3. iadeveloper

iadeveloper

Goooooooooooooood

4. Khyrid

Khyrid

Am I the only one who can't watch the video? It say I don't have permission. Impossible, I am Khyrid, I have top level security clearance.

What are you hiding from me?

5. fbgbdk4

fbgbdk4

The date?

6. Khyrid

Khyrid

Huh? What? Oh, that stinker before me necroed this thread, his first post too. Damn, so many noobs necroing lately.